This is my first scenario as well as my first time using Lua at all. The scenario is one event that has three timed stages separated by speed limit enforced - untimed - road sections with short stoppages between. Push too hard during the stages and you won't be able to make it home, push too little and you won't be able to take a good time home...
An image of an example time is uploaded as well (The results screen isn't really ready to handle what I'm trying to do as far as I can tell).
Checkpoints are only placed at junctions that require a turn/change in direction, hopefully it's pretty intuitive. Stage checkpoints are much larger than road section checkpoints to allow you to push harder than you should be. The sparseness of the checkpoints means you can cut properly, and try to cut not so properly if you think the car can handle it (it can't).
Time penalties and other information are on the scenario start menu, I'll paste that here too:
Hopefully in the future I'll be able to do even more, sensing when the car is well and truly gone (and not just missing a lot of parts) was out of my league for the first version of this at least. After all the rollovers - and one instance where my front bumper was stuck digging into the dirt - stopping me from continuing in testing I'd love to be able to allow restricted (group of people strength) node grabbing as well. I also need to go over and clean up the code still, but it at least works so I'd like to release it now.
- Use the parking brake to keep your car in place when stopping at control zones. (Damage can change this!)
- Come to a complete stop between pairs of mesh barriers (control zones), or else take a +60 second penalty to your next or previous stage.
- The speed limit during road sections is 60 mph (96 km/h), obey it or else take a +180 second penalty to your next or previous stage.
- A countdown to "GO!" will begin when you come to a complete stop at each stage start control zone, jumping the start will result in a +15 second penalty to the stage.
- At the end of the day your results will consist of only your stage times.