How to equip
- This is a "working" winch for the Rollbacks. You can use this to pull crashed vehicles onto the rollback decks! This winch goes great with @DaddelZeit Auto repair skins! https://www.beamng.com/resources/auto-repair-got-a-lemon-skinpack.15598/
- Here's a quick Video!
1. Navigate to the vehicle config menu. Click the "Upfit" drop down menu to display the sub-parts.Controls
2.You should now see the option to click the "Deck" drop down menu to display the sub-parts.
3.You should now see the option to click the "Winch" drop down menu to change it to the "working Winch" mod.
4.Your parts menu should now look like this. Enjoy!
- EXTEND HOOK: Right turn signal
- RETRACT HOOK: Left turn signal
- HAULT HOOK: Hazard lights (this works some of the time)
- ATTACH HOOK: You can attach the vehicles manually using the node grabber and coupling the nodes. You can also press L to attach the vehicles to the hook. (some vehicles don't have the capability to be attached in this manner, I plan to add that to all cars that currently don't have it.)
What to improve
- If you take a corner too fast it will cause the winch cable to move and not be aligned properly with the bed. That will make the cable not extend in the proper direction, and make it get stuck under the truck bed. (To fix this just reset the truck and try not to drive too far before attaching a vehicle. Ideally you would want the cable to be parallel with the rollback deck. You can easily realign the hook using the nod grabber.)
- If you move the hook around a lot or really fast you may see the cable's mesh expand slightly this is normal. The cables mesh is only a few nodes so sometimes it deforms odd.
- I plan to use slide nodes to keep the cable/hook parallel to deck to eliminate the bug listed above. I also plan to create my own custom inputs instead of using the turn signals. Any other bugs found will be addressed to the best of my ability.
- I plan to create my own lua and controls but for now this is it. Sorry..
- Model- Myself
- Lua- DrowsySam
- Textures- Myself
- Jbeam- DrowsySam, modified by me
- This is achieved the same way @DrowsySam tow truck worked. I didn't see any other way to easily make this work. I asked him for permission and it was granted. If you need to see proof, please Pm me before posting something about it in the reviews.
- This may be my last mod I ever post on the repo, I will update this mod if there are major issues I missed. But I cant say for certain how long I will support it.