1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

So, I think that the old small block v8 (291) ought to have a little higher red line than 5k rpms. The 423 should be able to hit that being a late 60s engine. With just a cam and some valve springs and a little head work magic, we were able to get a 1967 383 C.I. Chrysler to turn over 8k rpms. I would think closer to 7k for that small block and maybe even 6k for a red line on the big block. A lot of those old motors were made with great internals until the smog baloney in the early 70s.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

It's not a matter of "correct", it's a matter of how modern the car is. The old autos use logic that replicates old autos, the newer ones have more advanced logic to replicate new transmissions.
    Manual transmissions always use the smart logic.

#302 Diamondback, Aug 10, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. bluerider598

bluerider598
    Expand Collapse

Love the update, very nicely done. Great sounds, and I like the new menus and camera options and other small improvements. However, there's a collision bug in Gridmap:

4. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

The muffled sounds in the interior is an immersive touch but it's not as immersive when the sounds are still muffled when an door or more is off the car. It's even still muffled for the hopper configs without any roof at all. The devs probably know this already but i thought i'd point it out.

#304 BowlerHatJack, Aug 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

yeah, for sound discussion there is a sticky thread in "General Discussion" https://www.beamng.com/threads/audio-feedback-thread.44084/.
    Does anyone know how to control the parameters for the "Aggresitivity" like how quick it is on the transmission, so i can update some of my transmissions, i cant find anything in the car's jbeam, and not on the wiki either

6. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

cool update
    also hows the bluebuck goin?

7. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Aye. I just noticed the thread and finished reading through it. I didn't notice it because i have alot of unread "blue" threads in the sticky section.

8. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

Overread it in the patchnotes yesterday that the standard config for the FFB of the G27 got updated.
    So much better feedback from the road and the tires. I love it! Thanks.
    I never figured it out myself how to configure this right.
    Only left now is the unpleasant rattling at tight lowspeed cornering of the geardriven Logitech Wheels. Beltdriven wheels probably arent exposed to this. Considering that most Sims use a simplified FFB model on top for low speeds its kind of expected. We're still in alpha and thats a problem to be polished out for the gold release or smth like that.

Also the handling of the cars improved by a lot btw. I dont know how much you guys changed this update but thinking back 2 years ago the Civetta was nothing but a deathtrap even when driving just in a straight line with a gamepad. Now i can beat rahter quick the laptimes of the more modern cars without crashing too much. Its still challenging but not borderline difficult as it was. I really like the work that has gone into the tires eg.

Whish for the next update: The possibility to turn off the missionmarkers/checkpoints and its sound when passing trough. Theyre a great idea as a standardconfig but it would be great for immersion to turn them off if wanted. They annoy me so much. :eek:

#308 B. Tanner, Aug 10, 2017
  9. || V7 | OG ||

|| V7 | OG ||
    Expand Collapse

On the update there is a bug with the new trailer with a ramp that the ramp or legs dont work the menu with keys disappears at the side also is this happening for anyone else thanks

10. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

Is the shifting time only present if you're on keyboard or what? I find it very annoying but my friend who use wheel doesn't even seem to notice. Am I punished because I shift with a keyboard? Anyways I would like to point out it doesn't take 1.5 seconds to shift from 1st to 2nd. It's annoying because if I have to shift up, drifting, this delay is enough to make me bog out.

11. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Can we please get the exhaust on the Bolide fixed? The gasses have been coming out from the wrong place since thermals were introduced.
    screenshot_00317.png

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Your friend with the steering wheel can shift as fast as his skill allows him to, assuming he is using an H-Shifter or sequential shifter. For the rest of us, the game includes clutch assist which takes around 0.5-1.0 seconds to do a shift.

For reference, I use an Xbox 360 controller with clutch assist, but no throttle or over-rev assisting (I do my own rev-matching and such).

13. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

Ruins the game for me honestly. Now I have to find a way to get rid of this trough mods. It's funny because I can shift a REAL car way faster, and with a G25 shifter i can shift pretty much instantaneous. This feature doesn't make sense to me. It's as if the car has no synchronizers.

Also it has nothing to do with rev matching. I press the clutch, shift, let the clutch out. But if I do so faster than weak demented senior pace it chews up my transmission

Edit!
    If you wanna fix the extremely slow shifting, go into the engine jbeam and add

"transmissionShiftDelay":0,

under vehicle controller of whatever transmissions you wanna fix.

#313 AX53, Aug 10, 2017
  14. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

@AX53 Can you please record a video of the behavior you described with the pedals app visible? (And name your Gameplay settings please)

15. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

I guess it's a "simulated" shifting time restrictor for us KB users only? I don't feel like recording a video because my upload speed is so bad. But essentially what happens is, I press C for clutch, I press A for upshift, and then I let go of C within a very reasonable shifting time. If I let go of C sooner than within a full second of delay (because thats apparently what the default shift delay is set to) it gives me gear damage, a grinding sound effect and also a delay before the gear actually engage. I have now changed the shift delay myself to 0 so the problem is resolved for me at least.

16. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

The clutch key is simulated by slowly pressing the clutch pedal. which is too slow for any real use. I'm sure you could change the input mapping on it, so it depresses faster. For now, just use clutch assist which is much faster.

17. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

That's not the issue. And I've already fixed the issue lol. I do have a low quality video in the makings though for those interested..

Edit:

So here's a little video then. Clearly it's not a problem about the clutch being too slow operating. It's simply the fact that I shift faster than the approved time.

Anyway, again, I have already modded this problem away so no worries! lol

#317 AX53, Aug 10, 2017
  18. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The shift delay is nowhere near a second by default. Its somewhere around 200ms or a bit lower.
    In your video you are also shifting much faster than a full second?

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. wrinkle345

wrinkle345
    Expand Collapse

Loving this update. Probably the best QoL update I've experienced.
    The new dynamic FoV really helps with the speed, and the new engine sounds are a serious improvement over the original (no matter what people say about these sounds, it's undeniably better than the old V8_default).

And I can't help but ask, since there is (at least basic) procedural track generation, will we see any potential DiRT 4 styled random rally courses in the near/really-distant future?

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

Maybe, but it takes around 1 second for it to do its grind procedure. At least it feels like it. I guess my shift speed is too near the 200ms threshold so I just turned it down to 0 because it ruined the driving for me.

Other than that I'm loving the update btw. The sounds are rly nice!

#320 AX53, Aug 10, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice