1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

When you remove the lid of the piano through the parts selector, it doesn't make ANY sound, not even being crashed into.

2. Loafy

Loafy
    Expand Collapse

I'm not having any trouble with shifting. It is a great system! Off the accel. clutch in. change gears. Accel. It really isn't that hard. If you are changing gears irl without a clutch you are putting wear on sychros.... either way if you drive like that daily the car is a probably pos and you don't care for the trans / clutch.

Keep up the good work BeamTeam

Edit*

Try adding some UI apps to see how much throttle is applied or if the clutch is engaged or disengaged.

3. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

i think the update is perfect and here's why

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. KaiserimnopYT

KaiserimnopYT
    Expand Collapse

same problem

• Like Like x 1
  5. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

Lol.. The shifting problem isn't there for wheel users. Maybe that's why you're not noticing it.

6. Google61

Google61
    Expand Collapse

It isn't bug-report, but I think suspension is too bouncy if it don't break after fall. IMHO

7. icytower387

icytower387
    Expand Collapse

ok, now im slightly pissed, before i would set the ai to manual and race in the hirochi dragstrip map and all was good, now the ai starts braking midway and it's just a clusterfu*k the cars are exactly the same as before i don't understand, what am i doing wrong?

#467 icytower387, Aug 13, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  8. Vladimir AB

Vladimir AB
    Expand Collapse

Hello BeamNG, I found that if you have a car in a tunnel and then you respawn it outside of it, the sound will still have that echo from the walls, like the car is still inside there.

9. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

top down camera is completely useless
    it doesnt even show the vehicles, after it focuses on the car it just moves in the area in front of it

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Your "problem" with the shifting is, to me at least, not so much of an issue, and I also use keyboard.

So, today, I tried racing the Ibishu Covet 1.5 DX around the Industrial Perimeter circuit, a very short and demanding course, and here are the times that I got from 0.9 and 0.10 using a reversed layout.

0.9 (realistic, with assists): 41.944

0.10 (realistic w/o assists): 42.650

What I noticed while driving without the assists was that I was constantly challenging myself to go even faster than before, maintaining as much momentum as possible. I also tried to minimize the effects that shifting fully-manually had on my speed, and to be honest, considering how I had to shift without assists 3-4 times per lap, I expected my lap time to be much slower. So, I tried 0.10 with assists to see if I could go any faster. I drove almost exactly the same way as I did without assists. The time?

Exactly the same as without the assists.

What I'm getting at here is that 0.10's new gearbox logic isn't as slow as people might think.

11. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

The UI lags like hell here. Game runs just fine, between 30 to 60 fps depending map and cars. I've already downscaled the resolution and used the lowest graphic settings possible to no avail. It's pretty unresponsive and the speedo and minimap are almost unusable. The lag was there since the new Material UI, but in 0.10 just got worse.
    My Specs:
    Intel Skylake i7-6700HQ
    Nvidia GTX 960M
    UHD Screen Panel (but using 1920x1080 resolution)

Any thoughts? Thanks!

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. trm7

trm7
    Expand Collapse

the new update is cool but I cannot get the game to run more than 1 fps I've got a nivida GTX960 and an 6th generation intel core i5 6400T and I have done a clean re install I've checked the file integrity I've deleted all my mods and it is still unplayable it worked fine the day before the update I cant even run gridmap pure on the lowest graphic setting where before I had all the graphic setting maxed out and was able to run any map never mind I just launched the game and its working now

#472 trm7, Aug 14, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  13. Loafy

Loafy
    Expand Collapse

I use a controller to play. The clutch is L1. I have only tried a wheel once with this and that was before the powertrain update...I use a DualShock 4 from the PS4. Plug and Play.

*edit*

Anybody who plays Beam.NG with a keyboard (perhaps crazy) has to know that it only hampers your ability to effectively drive a car. Go do yourself a massive favor and get a controller!

It's 100x more fun.

14. Wahlfactor

Wahlfactor
    Expand Collapse

I understand "what i'm doing wrong" with this shifting system, but my problem is i'm driving for performance. I wanna row through gears and powershift, I'm not driving Ms. Daisy here. There are some clips below of me hooning the 350 gt to demonstrate what i mean about the sluggishness. I understand it's only like a 10th of a second, but that's a long time when i'm in drift, or trying to decelerate into a corner. Others may "not be notably slower" with this system, but it makes spirited driving virtually nonexistent for me. And the clutch isn't the problem it's the simulated "throw" of the shifter. It's too slow, and frankly unnecessary, seeing as a player i can't sync up a double clutch with a coded throw very simply.

#475 Wahlfactor, Aug 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Sierra-3

Sierra-3
    Expand Collapse

I noticed better overall UI performance. While not super-snappy, it's no longer lagging on my machine.

While most of the default vehicles have gained a more realistic suspension/handling, most mods now seem nerfed down (suspensions absorb anything and everything w/o difficulty).

#476 Sierra-3, Aug 14, 2017
  16. CreamMouse

CreamMouse
    Expand Collapse

If you didnt delete your settings folder before starting the game in 0.10's update you were driving with the assists on weather you clicked the check box to turn them on or off they are always on unless you delete your settings folder every time you load a new map or start the game over again, until the hotfix comes out you have to delete the settings folder to be able to turn the assists off every time you start the game or change the map

17. MeatMystery

MeatMystery
    Expand Collapse

found another few buggy things from the update (at lest for me):
    -when the default gearbox mode is set to realistic, it will switch to arcade mode after spawning/replacing vehicles
    -after a while of playing the I could no longer break or damage gears or overrev the engine; the assistants all appeared to be off
    -driving through soft brushes impacts the framerate more than before
    -

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

I beg to differ.. Well.. Mouse and keybard is better.
    Do this with a controller :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. kaytc

kaytc
    Expand Collapse

Is it something to do with the risk settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice