1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kaytc

kaytc
    Expand Collapse

If I open and close the menu, basically all keys stop working except for esc and maybe the num pad, it varies, sometimes I can drive with the keyboard, sometimes I cant. Escape never stops working

2. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

On time trial random track, the road textures on seed 27250984810 are glitched.

screenshot_00382.png screenshot_00383.png

#662 Giraffinator, Aug 24, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

You want to mention exactly which generator it was made on so others can check it, as "Big Sparse Track" or "Small Basic Track" will give you different results than "Random" on the same seed number.

I checked the Random generator with 27250984810 and it reproduces the same issue on my computer.
    screenshot_00170.png

4. wearyNATE15

wearyNATE15
    Expand Collapse

???????????

5. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG, how do you expect me to do wicked burnouts when you are selecting the gear at random it seems when I upshift? Neutral dropping to 1st means neutral dropping to first, not jumping to 2nd or 4th.... I don't understand what is going on there, but maybe other people are having this problem too?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

The procedural tracks seem a bit too narrow...

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

In the "Debug" section, the "Enable Physics" checkbox isn't checked automatically, and flashes when you press it once, then stays on the second. But if you close and reopen it, it resets.
    Capture.jpg

8. Joe56

Joe56
    Expand Collapse

could there be siren and horn sounds?

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

The later models would hav3 absolutely had a limiter if it was sold in the USA

10. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

is anyone experiencing gearing problems in arcade automatic, bolide race is almost impossible to drive...

#670 Teoman, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  11. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

oh wow thanks for answering!
    obviously sarcastic

12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Check your code, try using this file structure.....
    Documents/BeamNG.drive/vehicles/hopper/ (insert modified engine.jbeam

13. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The thumbnail generator is quite an annoyance.

It says your CURRENT vehicle, but every time it uses the D series and I have to wait ~10 minutes before I can actually choose the CORRECT vehicle.
    Last time I used it for the D series it also only took pics of the top of the truck
    As well, last time I used it it forced my game into some small border less windowed resolution, and never switched back.

---
    Update : now have punched a table :|
    It's changed my seceondary screen to 4K from 1080p, COMPLETLEY broken BeamNG's rendering, and isn't even working right still.

Just going to give up and manually do it, since apparently that's easier :|

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-8-29_12-41-27.png
    • upload_2017-8-29_12-41-37.png
    • upload_2017-8-29_12-42-51.png
    • Agree Agree x 7
  14. ajc918

ajc918
    Expand Collapse

I've been playing the game recently, and have been getting really frustrated with the agression calculation. I am working with it for now, but I am really irritated with it. If I am driving in 'realistic' auto mode, than I want the transmission to act realistically. Now, the transmissions are sooooooooooooooo slow to respond to anything. It doesn't act realistically at all. I'm no expert on transmission calculations, but I do know that a normal car with an automatic will try and seek top gear as much as possible, unless a 'sport' mode is activated. I think the Agression calculation is good for when you want to drive aggresively, and it would work for the 'S' mode on the transmissions, but not for good ol' 'D'.

15. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

which do you think is the worst offender?
    I think the 4 Speed Gavril's are acceptable for age and torque curve, it works good for them, but doesn't work well at all for Diesels

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

No, seem to works fine here.
    Can you describe further, perhaps add a video?

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Alright Beam Team - Let me congratulate you on your excellent work on the new box trailers!

screenshot_00171.png

At first, I believed that both trailers were sprung too softly, and that the axles were improperly attached to the frame - but further testing revealed that I was severely overloading them. When I checked the load rating for a trailer similar to the large box trailer, and loaded it with a rock matching that number as closely as possible, the trailer behaved exactly as it should when loaded to the maximum!

There is one thing about the new trailers that bugs me though - the 4-lug wheel options are inaccurate for this trailer archetype in most markets. 5-lug steel rims (similar to the in-game STX series) are usually standard equipment on most trailers from the factory, to the point that this style of rim is often referred to as "trailer rims".

Austrailia

The United States of America

New Zealand

Heck ... even China!

Germany also appears to use 5-lug hubs on tandem units, although they use a different style of steel rim.

The only exceptions to this otherwise ironclad rule appear to be the U.K. and France, where, for some unknown reason, 4-lug wheels are the norm. I guess that this would be reason to retain the 4-lug hubs as an option, but they are overwhelmed to the point where the default configuration should probably avoid using them.

So, I'd like to recommend the implementation of 5-lug hubs on both box trailers (as well as the small flatbed trailer). This may require a resized version of the STX wheels, but IIRC, resizing wheels is easy to do.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Not all automatic transmissions use the aggression, only the ETK800/ETK-K, Modern Pessima, Gavril D/H/Roamer/Grand Marshal. On top of this it behaves differently if you are using a kbd or an axis. With kbd it responds slower so that it doesnt upshift and downshift constantly if you are trying to cruise by tapping the key repeatedly. In light of that can you tell me what car and what input method you are referring to?

19. ajc918

ajc918
    Expand Collapse

Both keyboard and steering wheel. I think it's ok for old 4 speeds, but every modern transmission is slow and laggy, and takes forever to upshidt even if you hold the throttle at like 5%

20. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

With an axis, it goes to full aggression within a few seconds of full throttle. Letting off the throttle part way will allow the aggression to fall. Letting off the throttle completely will cause a hold the current aggression for a few seconds before it starts to fall. If you are always tapping to 100% or 0% it will stay in an aggressive mode. If you are actually steady with the throttle like a typical driver, it will cruise just fine.

Kbd is mostly the same except there is no hold timer, and the aggression is slower to rise to 100%.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice