1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Have you ever been in a new ZF Gearboxed car? They all do sequential gearbox upshifts, slowly although I have to admit that the upshifts under load can be a bit too late, and the system flat out doesn't work good at all on Diesel powered cars

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Why do you think it does not work for diesels? (and which ones specfically?) The ETK diesels seem fine to me.

3. gtoredga

gtoredga
    Expand Collapse

Hi everyone, I've seen a glitch in the physics When you stack up 2 cars on top of each other with the bottom one burning the top one does not catch on fire.

4. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

The fire system is not meant to work across vehicles at this point. It's expected to not spread to other vehicles.

5. gtoredga

gtoredga
    Expand Collapse

But I disagree if the physics include fuel loss so what is stopping to make this work?
    Take for example gta 5 crappy physics but they thought about that.

6. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Fuel is still a local thing to vehicles, there is currently no information transfer in regards to fire between vehicles. Think of it as every car living in its own little bubble :)

7. gtoredga

gtoredga
    Expand Collapse

Another thing I like the vehicle physics but are the building going to be included soon? eg. wall damage etc.
    --- Post updated ---
    If it loads the cpu more and people have i5s and i7s anyway (not complaining just askin)

8. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

There probably won't be soft/destructible buildings, for one, the buildings are static objects, they can't be moved. Also, it would probably too intensive cause of the entities it needs to spawn.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Flippi 284

Flippi 284
    Expand Collapse

The ramp for the dry van trailer has a gap in the middle that you can drive on. It bothers me....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ajc918

ajc918
    Expand Collapse

Ok. I'll just have to get used to it. I still do believe that the kickdowns take too long to happen, and that needs tweaking.

11. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

I've noticed this with all of the official cars, but it's something I thought to bring up now that we're getting more and more race car mods. Are the seams on the bridges at Hirochi Raceway going to be smoothed out eventually? Most of them aren't especially troublesome, but the 2nd bridge on the main straight of full circuit is right in the fastest braking zone of the course and really upsets vehicles in a way that doesn't make sense on a groomed professional race track.

I've also caused weird damage on them when braking over that seam in official cars, and have broken the FR16/17 and Late Model Stock Car while braking onto the bridge because it's such a vicious bump right at the worst spot.
    HirochiStraight2ndBridgeSeam.jpg
    Gfycat Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

They change up too late, *awful explanation incoming*. With a diesel you want it to be at full throttle (nearly) around 2000-2500 which gives the driver the diesel laid-back ness as the car is barely revving, whereas to get the turbo going and accelerate at a decent speed the transmission shifts up at 3000RPM, this is too late as most diesels ride the torque curve and so shift sooner (but obviously under heavy throttle it will upshift later).
    So for example if i put my foot down in the ETK 856 Auto diesel, then to accelerate briskly it goes at around 3000RPM upshifts (the same acceleration can be achieved at 2500RPM upshifts, but with full power, you can see if you switch to manual mode), if you try to tune your acceleration demand to around 2500RPM you will see that it takes ages for the turbo to come in, like it will start coming in around 60-70mph, really the turbo should come in sooner, and to do this the transmission controller needs to apply more load.

The system works well for cruising at a steady speed and hard driving but acceleration is a bit out of tune, note that this may be due to some legacy with the shift points, as before this update the car would flat out not go into 8th gear at 70mph cruising.
    --- Post updated ---
    Found a bug, ok its extreme but if you flip your car and then manage to stall it as the oil has gone then run the engine again the temp goes up, thats good but now if you rev it by redlining it will seize, good, but if you run the starter motor the oil temperature spikes and the engine block melts :p

13. meywue

meywue
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for the report.

• Like Like x 1
  14. DD-Indeed

DD-Indeed
    Expand Collapse

I definitely have the feeling, that the performance of the game stepped back a bit with the last update. I play a lot The Fair Grounds-derby mod and in the previous build, I could easily run 60+ FPS with 12 cars in total, but now I barely can reach 50 FPS and sometimes it sinks below 40. Of course, the mod can have something to do about it as well, but I don't think that it should be that heavy impact anyway. And I do have beefy system, R5 1600 3.8GHz, 16 Gb DDR4 Ram 2933 and GTX 1070.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Teoman

Teoman
    Expand Collapse

car revs for 2-3 seconds in first gear instead of passing to 2 this happens in each gear

16. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Found a bug, ok its extreme but if you flip your car and then manage to stall it as the oil has gone then run the engine again the temp goes up, thats good but now if you rev it by
    It shifts too late, because for example for brisk acceleration (around 50%throt) in the 856d automatic it upshifts around 3000RPM while on relatively little boost (engine around 300-400nm torque), but if you were to manipulate this on manual you could put your foot right down 100% and have the boost come on and then upshift around 2500RPM with 540nm of torque and have a good acceleration result with as little RPM as possible, that is how the diesels operate in real-life, at least from what i know, they just like hauling from low RPM, like my dads Jaguar XFS Diesel can pull from 1200RPM away from a roundabout fully locked up, whereas in BeamNG that would be impossible, and under the brisk acceleration it upshifts around 2500RPM.
    Diesel transmissions are programmed to take advantage of the "diesel grunt" by keeping RPM low, it also keeps noise low as diesels are noisy at high revs, and also gives better MPG results too
    (sorry for late reply, i thought i typed it out yesterday but i didnt)

The way to remedy this is make the "load" come in earlier, so at around 2000RPM the engine is under full throttle (100% load, makes boost come on) so the torque comes up and the car wafts along with minimal revs

17. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Not sure if you understand the concept of "load"... Load just tells you how much work the engine is doing compared to what it currently can do (at a given rpm, turbo rpm, etc).
    Load is directly controlled by your throttle input, it has nothing to do with which rpm the engine is at. An engine can be at 100% load at 600rpm or 6000rpm or whatever else rpm it can reach. You cannot "set" the load, it arises naturally from the requested torque. (ie various settings throughout the engine, throttle valve(s), valve timing, valve lift, injected fuel, turbo rpm, etc, etc)

Also not sure if you have driven BMW diesels before, but traditionally they don't quite behave like other diesels. They are engineered for higher rpms and also behave much more like petrol engines compared to other OEMs. The torque also doesn't drop off as quickly and badly at high rpms. Downside of that are often a bit more turbo lag and sometimes later peak torque.

In addition, for nice acceleration it makes much more sense to stay in the gears longer, upshifting early hinders acceleration. We've had this point before, I feel like that Jag is tuned totally different to your average sporty BMW drivetrain.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

ah ok, BMW have a different diesel style, yeah by load i meant like throttle (like commanded power from the engine, that the PCU delivers or whatever), yeah the Jag has the low end power and uses that (sequential turbos also allow for high horsepower).
    It would be interesting to see what other BeamNG car manafacturer's diesels behave like :)
    Yeah sorry for my slight error as i have never actually been in a German Diesel automatic, didn't realise they had different power delivery.

19. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

The engine cooling fans stop spinning if you remove the radiator (hope this can be fixed)

20. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

I feel like the 6speed auto gearbox on the roamer is not acting correctly especially to down shift after high speed and also when I want to accelerate when I am in low speed after braking from high speed
    --- Post updated ---
    notice that the marauder is steering to the right !! check settings and still steering itself little bit to the right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice