1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I just tried doing the same thing in-game, and it does seem the game applies that shift delay even with assists turned off. It has nothing to do with clutch or throttle assists, the game simply forces neutral through every shift in manual transmissions, slowing the shift time. There is no way to speed up shifts without removing this mechanic entirely.

The best the devs can do is add a "Reallistic Manual Transmission" option that allows you to shift a manual without going through neutral.

2. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

You cannot shift a regular manual transmission without going through Neutral...That's an integral part of a manual transmission's design.

#742 Diamondback, Sep 11, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 5
  3. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

So it seems the neutral gear was the "forced clutch holding" @Wahlfactor was talking about.
    Mystery solved, I guess.

4. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

Just to clarify what I am talking about:
    Take a look at this picture, you cannot get from one gear to another without moving through the red marked area.
    Red in this case technically represents "Neutral".

That's how manual transmissions work. In between gears you are always in "Neutral".

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. mattj96

mattj96
    Expand Collapse

Figured it out, I was overclocking my gpu a little too much and made it unstable. It runs just fine now that I dialed it back in.

6. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse

Just making sure because I don't know if anyone checked the performance statistics thread, but the whole testing doesnt work in beamng's current version.
    you get some data, but thats only what the game can read when standing still.
    cars are not moving

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Speaking of transmissions. I play on a gamepad and use manual, but sometimes 1 click up feom neutral means means 2nd or 3rd and sometimes 1st gors to 3rd or 5th with just 1 tap of the upshift. Who thought that this was a good idea and how do you expect me to drive aggressively when I have no friggin idea what gear I'm going to wind up in? Even harder when in cockpit mode which is the only camera that isnt cheating lol because there's no gear i dicator in most manual cars.

8. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

What controller are you using?
    If a Playstation controller with one of those third-party apps, I advice to check that.
    It's a common problems of them.

9. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

Just an xbox controller. I've used several and not had this problem until this update came out. Seems if I let off the gas while shifting it skips 1 or 2 gears or 3 at times.. and then it won't accept a neutral drop to 1st if I have any R's built up so I end up over revving. I get that in real life you wouldn't be able to shift at 3 to 4k rpms in neutral to 1st, but with cluth assist on it's not like I'm going to be popping the clutch. Idk, More concerned with shifting up 2 or 3 gears at once.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

If your RPM is high, and you let the gas off for a while (talking about a bunch of seconds, it's not immediate), calculated 'aggression' goes down, and the car will start shifting at lower RPM.
    Maybe a video?

11. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I dont run automatic/arcade shifting. And I meqn instantaneously. Sometimes on3 click from reverse to Neutral yakes me to 1st instead. I would be rather surprised if nobody else had this problem. Uhhh show me the free fraps download link!

12. anselme

anselme
    Expand Collapse

The steering brake super easily

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00004.png
  13. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Staff Member

• Like Like x 3
  14. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

15. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_00168.png screenshot_00174.png screenshot_00189.png

Can we get someone looking into the bug that causes part of the screenshot UI to show up in completed screenshots? I can't count how many times I've had the perfect screenshot ruined by the small notification in the upper-left corner (Isn't that only supposed to show up after the screenshot has been successfully taken?), or the entire UI on rarer occasions. The particularly frustrating thing is that it tends to act in clusters, meaning that the once-in-a-lifetime crash or maneuver can't be captured without them, no matter how often the screenshot is re-taken.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Dogsbody11

Dogsbody11
    Expand Collapse

it was ok, but i all way's get the fluffing fatal car thing. i uninstalled beam from steam twice and still didn't work. trying the clean install now

#756 Dogsbody11, Sep 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 16, 2017
  17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

Did you check without your mods as written in the first post first?
    Because it's usually a broken mod that triggers that.

18. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I thought they fixed that with 0.10.0.1, I use it all the time and it never show up in my screenshots.

19. Dogsbody11

Dogsbody11
    Expand Collapse

i did. turn's out one of my mods had killed the game. RIP Beamng drive. now i need to dig up some other mods. lol

20. jamjdm1998

jamjdm1998
    Expand Collapse

So I am wondering if there is a way that I can contact developers. I have had Beamng for many years and after this latest update the game continues to crash. I have cleared cache before every start up and have launched in safe mode ( in which it still crashed). I just got down reinstalling the game after deleting all my mods and starting the game and it still crashing. I deleted all files associated with the game including the steamapp files and the documents folder on my computer but it is still crashing.