1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

0.10.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Aug 7, 2017.

1. RetroStevie

RetroStevie
    Expand Collapse

Forgot to mention, that I have the steam version of the game and whenever I start playing the first thing I do is change the license plate from my steam username to a realistic plate (I've always done this for some reason), however a new thing with this update is that when I change the vehicle it changes back to the steam username, not really a bug as much but I was wondering if this was a bug or not.

This can be slightly annoying for setting up a realistic screenshot :p

#101 RetroStevie, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  2. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

My game was 100% broke but im just doing a clean reinstall. Every time an update comes out i just do a clean reinstall just to fix any bugs or anything from old updates. Im waiting for the game to reinstall now. The update looks good, il give you feedback of what i think later when it installs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Taza

Taza
    Expand Collapse

Awesome update! The SBR4 sounds incredible and I really like the procedural tracks. I hope the thumbnail app is still in development though, because it took garage front pics from behind;) Also why is the map black and not white like on the official thumbnails?

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG.Support
    Staff Member

To differentiate a bit :)

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

Ah of course. That was the issue. I've had issues getting borderless correct in the past and now i know why :/

6. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Why not use the white background, but not put the BeamNG watermark in the top right?

7. jimmeh2000

jimmeh2000
    Expand Collapse

no idea wether this is from this update or its been in the game for a while, but i noticed if you have a cars lights on and then reset it the lights stay on but the dash lights turn of until you turn the lights of and on again.

• Like Like x 1
  8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah same. I got excited when I saw that BeamNG has uploaded a video but now I am a little disappointed. I guess the higher your expectations are the more disappointed you will be.

#108 ktheminecraftfan, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Dr. Death

Dr. Death
    Expand Collapse

Known issue from a long time ago. For some reason its been never been fixed.

@Nadeox1, Pls fix.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

Gear problem just solved itself somehow, but right now the game uses Intel GPU even though AMD card is up to date:

20170809201423_1.jpg

Also I'm kind of surprised that Covet and '90's Pessima has same engine noise, but it's a newborn thing, I don't mind.

11. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

New sound system is definitely worth the wait. I'd love some more variation, e.g. the old I6 and new I6 are the same sound, but I understand that this is just the start. It's still a huge step in the right direction though - the system is already great so new samples should be easy to add (or make ourselves).

Honestly I'd be inclined to say this is almost AAA-game level of sound, especially with some actual big titles such as Driveclub and Gran Turismo having awful sounds themselves.

Two questions:
    1. The muffled interior effect is perfect, is this entirely just a modifier on the engine sound or is it a separate recording?
    2. Who recorded the samples/where are they from?

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

The simple vehicle damage app and detailed vehicel damage app don't reset certain damaged parts after you reload the car(with "R" only) It does reset radiator damage and engine damage though. To get the whole thing to reset to green you have to reload with CTRL+R.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 I just a CLEAN REINSTALL of the game. I followed ALL the instructions on how to do a clean reinstall. Now my game starts in the background of task manager. I let my computer sit for a while and nothing happened and the only way to close it is to "End Task". I have restarted my computer multiple times and have not even installed mods. This problem existed before but only happened like once a month and was fixed by a computer restart. Now a computer restart wont even fix it. The launcher also never shows up (the thing that says launch game, clear cache, verify integrity etc). How do i fix this?

EDIT: Problem is NOT anti-virus i disabled it and same problem occurs.

#113 CaptanW, Aug 9, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2017
  14. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Have you tried to verify integrity through steam?

15. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

yes

16. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

The same thing happens to me even in 0.9. I either attempt to alt tab into the game or click the BeamNG icon on my taskbar until it focuses for me. Never had to force close BeamNG

17. AX53

AX53
    Expand Collapse

The sounds are amazing. Although I absolutely hate the gearbox dynamic lol. It's just too bloody slow. I can shift ANY car faster than that irl

18. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

tried to launch it via windows explorer? (go to the folder and run it?)

19. CaptanW

CaptanW
    Expand Collapse

same thing happens
    --- Post updated ---
    no nothing comes up to alt tab into. It just starts in the background and nothing happens.

20. Devid Mason

Devid Mason
    Expand Collapse

Not workin with safety mode and cleaned cache:(