1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.12.0.4 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

DISABLE MODS before reporting!

We always try to keep a retro-compatibility with older mods, but as we change things, sometimes this isn't possible.

To avoid false bug-reports, please check if the issue persists with mods disabled (Safe Mode)
    If the issue persists, also try to clean your cache (Clear Cache)
    If your problem still persists, check the official bug-list below, and see if your issue is already in our list.
    If it isn't in the list, only then you can and should report an issue.

That will help us a lot focusing on actual, real issues, instead of going after problems caused by mods.

Thanks in advance!

This thread is meant to collect feedback for version 0.12.0.3
    We would love to hear your feedback :)
    Please also keep the non-contributing discussions to the bare minimum, so that we can help more effectively.

0.12.0.4 changelog: Fixed an issue with the launcher not working under some Windows 10 OS.
    You can find the 0.12.0.3 changelog here: http://blog.beamng.com/second-hotfix-for-0-12-released/
    0.12.0.2 only contains a tiny internal fix, so there's no changelog for that.
    You can find the 0.12.0.1 changelog here: https://blog.beamng.com/0-12-0-1-hotfix-released/
    You can find the 0.12.0.0 changelog here: https://blog.beamng.com/get-busy/

Notes:

• Wheel is not recognized | Disable the 'Generic Controller Support' inside the Steam Big Picture's Controller Settings
    • Game color's look inverted / wrong / very contrasted | This is caused by an issue related to the 'gamma' setting, that was fixed in 0.12. To solve this, go to Options > Graphics and move/reset the 'gamma' slider
    Known Issues & Status:
    Blue = Important Green = Fixed Orange = Known issue Red = Under investigation
    • Infinite loading screen | The update includes some more potential fixes for that. Let us know (and provide Support IDs if needed)
    • ALT+TAB closes the game for some | Fixed in 0.12.0.3
    • Crash if no audio device is available | Fixed in 0.12.0.3
    • Performance UI is missing some graphs | Fixed in 0.12.0.3
    • Blinker sounds from other vehicles can be heard while driving another vehicle | Fixed in 0.12.0.3
    • Freecam does not stay when switching/spawning vehicles | Improved in 0.12.0.3
    • On automatic vehicles, P gear act as N gear | Fixed for next update
    • Problems with Sunburst widebody fenderflares | Fixed for next update
    • Randomly some sounds do not follow slow motion | Fixed for next update
    • Bus stops look out of place on some maps | Improved for next update

(includes the known issues listed in the blogpost)
    • Random locked low frame-rate on West Coast USA | Under Investigation still, but should be better now
    • Waypoint counter doesn’t update in some scenarios
    • Optional scenario waypoints can disappear after selecting them and retrying a scenario
    • Sometimes vehicle’s props are not visible when using Part Manager

Mods related issues:
    • The 'Customizable Engines and Drivetrains' mod could break some vehicles | Remove/Disable mod and wait for 0.12 compatible version.
    • Sirens and Horns Mod mod could break the game. It will break the Horn functionality even if disabled | Remove and Clean Reinstall the game. Then wait for 0.12 compatible version.
    • Cessni's Sparks mod prevents the newer particles to work | Disabled and wait for 0.12 compatible version
    • Any mod that modifies game's core files could potentially break the game | Remove these mods and wait for 0.12 compatible versions.
    To report broken mods, use this thread: http://www.beamng.com/threads/broken-mod-reporting-thread.28849/page-2#post-503742
    Or contact the author's of the mod directly.

Launch the game and select 'Clear Cache' from the launcher.
    It will clear some of the folders in 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive' to 'Documents/BeamNG.Drive/backup'

Launch the game and select 'Safe Mode' from the launcher.
    It will disable all your mods. Use it before reporting a bug, just incase your issue is caused from a mod and it's not an actual bug!

-Unistall BeamNG from Steam
    -Delete BeamNG.Drive folder from MyDocuments (backup your mods if you want, but don't put them back yet!)
    -Delete BeamnG.Drive folder from Steam/Steamapp/common (If there is still a folder)
    -Reinstall BeamNG.

#1 Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    • Like Like x 6
  2. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox, I am still having trouble with the "Import shape as new detail" function.

This time, when I tried to import a shape as a new detail, the game hanged for a bit (instead of an immediate crash in 0.11).

But after a while of waiting, the game crashes again.

I'd really like this resolved, as you showed it off in a video.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Where is the Airbag Suspension controller located in the Semi's parts menu? (I can't find it)

4. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Where is the track maker? is it in the map editor or somewhere else?

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The map I recently released used that function extensively, and I had no problems importing shapes.
    So the issue is either something wrong on your side, or the mesh you are trying to use is too complex/has problems (try with something more simple, like a cube or Suzanne)

Not entirely sure, but that is only on the bus (if you mean the rising/lowering suspensions)

Side menu

6. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

I found it just after I put that lool

7. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

The game freezes, and have to be restarted when the bus hits anything at speed, will test other cars now.

8. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

It's not in the menu, it's part of the main vehicle.

9. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Well yeah, my meshes are complex and I am trying to import a low LOD of it. I can't take the answer of "the game can't handle it" right now.

Here are my meshes, if you can try them out. "trk65FULL.dae" is the full model, "trk65FULLlowpoly.dae" is the low poly version.

Attached Files:

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What kind of speeds.
    Tried any speed here with no issues.
    If you use any mods, disable them.
    Verify installation and clean reinstall if needed.

Just a reminder, before posting any issues report here, test without mods.

11. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

Game crashed in blank grid when opening track builder. I cannot end the task with Alt+F4, clicking so it doesnt respond properly again or using Task Manager. the game is stuck like this: upload_2018-4-3_18-56-20.png

please help... (I cannot click anything)

12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It's a problem with the mesh.
    It has something very wrong, as soon I tried to import it, it flooded the detail list with weird gibberish:

Followed by a crash.

You can:
    - Do it manually (copy the .cs file from one of the mesh on my map for example, and edit it in notepad manually - It's not immediate, but not too hard either)
    - Fix the mesh (should be a single object, no weird scenetree setup or empties parented with whatever.

Works here.

Disable mods (should be done before even attempting to post here), Verify, Clean Reinstall and etc.

13. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

I cannot even get out of the game though.

Attached Files:

14. Wild Hog

Wild Hog
    Expand Collapse

The air pressure gauge in the bus doesn't seem to work

15. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

That gibberish means something to me, simply names of each object in the mesh.

Did you still successfully import it as a new detail? I tried doing it with a ramp in GridMap and the game STILL crashed. Safe mode on.

EDIT: Missed "followed by a crash" I can also show you here : https://www.twitch.tv/falefee

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Kill process, reboot PC, hard reset. You got plenty of choices.
    Optimistically, your installation is not intact and a clean reinstall would fix it.

(Also please avoid filling the thread with obvious things, so we can keep it essential for everybody)

No, it filled the list and then crashed. The mesh is just simply too complicated/badly setup (with that, there's not much to do from the game's side). Any other mesh setup as single object in a .DAE works fine.
    Ramp mesh you tried please?

17. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Just a ramp from Gridmap.

Attached Files:

18. AshtheticPFX

AshtheticPFX
    Expand Collapse

eventually, literally about 5 seconds ago the game closed.
    --- Post updated ---
    also, small question: is it possible to make bus routes for modded maps?

19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Uhm, ok this is weird.
    I cannot get it to work anymore for some reason.

If you need a possible solution right now, do it manually ( I did not had much luck with that ).
    Pick the .cs file from one of the previous 'successful' attemps, edit it to match the other mesh name and you are done.

Highly recommended is do it the normal way, and use a proper blender structure for this.
    Why? Because what you are using is an old T3D feature (which is not used officially, and may break badly in the future).
    Spending some more time into doing that properly is better than having to fix it on a second moment ;)

https://wiki.beamng.com/Exporting_static_objects
    (It's simplier than it looks)

Yes.
    If you wonder if you can use 'mod bus', you can't for the time being.

20. falefee

falefee
    Expand Collapse

Can you give me a template in where I can edit in the names of my mesh?

Not interested in editing over 500 meshes in Blender.

Also that issue in where I couldn't edit unmapped materials in my map, ended up getting fixed o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice