1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.12.0.4 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

I'm doing my best trying not to be rude, but with my basic english skills that was the best text I could write. My point was: if it aint broke, why they should fix it? If we were able to edit the sounds and they sounded fantastic after some tweaking, why devs changed it? I thought this was a bug, so I've posted this when the first 0.12 version got released, and I got no answers. So I thought "Hey, they probably saw my comment and it will be fixed for 0.12.01 anyway". 2 new updates came out: still no fixes.
    I've got an answer back in another post saying that due to some under the hood changes I wouldn't be able to change that sound anymore. So I've posted this here to get people aware of it and ask the devs why they made this change, and I finally got the answer: Engine starter sounds will be able to be modded in a near future.

So I want to apologize if anyone felt that I was being rude here, I was just looking for an answer, mixed with my anger because of all my work being lost with this update without any warning. I understand this game is far from being finished, and even the name says it's in alpha stage. I'll save all my recordings and patiently wait until a new update brings back the ability to mod those sounds. Thanks, and sorry again.

2. 1185323118

Expand Collapse

3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Check the first post - that's already been fixed for the next update/hotfix.

• Informative Informative x 2
  4. bmwcrazy456

bmwcrazy456
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if it was my graphics card or not, but a bunch of my textures were white black, (or in the JRI ground case) gone. I updated my graphics card, and the problem was fixed, BUT I did get an error message when I did that that said 'Newest Version', so I am completely confused now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Clear cache.
    If persists, do a clean reinstall.
    (Instructions for both on first post)

6. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

upload_2018-5-7_14-50-20.png

The rock guard on the travel trailer is still visible when left un-highlighted.

#426 YellowRusty, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 8, 2018
  7. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

whenever a turbocharged (old) pessima loses its engine :
    screenshot_00388.png

• Like Like x 2
  8. SandwichesANDmilk

SandwichesANDmilk
    Expand Collapse

yeah thats just from mesh assigned to body Jbeam

9. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Can't describe it well, but theres some trickery happening to older automatic transmission cars. Such as the Moonhawk and Barstow.
    Basically when accelerating, it can be quite slow, slower than usual and then when it gets out of that gear it is fine and ususally accelerates harder than when it was in that gear. But it is always a different gear and randomly happens.
    --- Post updated ---

When i move from "2" to "D" it slows acceleration a lot even though it didn't shift up.

10. MurphLAZ3R

MurphLAZ3R
    Expand Collapse

Two things: On the Ibishu Covet, rev limiters don't work with the 1.5L SOHC engine, regardless of intake. Second, the Stage 3 supercharger on the Moonhawk is more powerful than the stage 4.

11. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I really have gotta ask: Where, HOW, and why did you guys come to the conclusion that a 20-year-old bus would still be worth $350-400K? I've looked far and wide on the internet, and I haven't found massive modern coaches to be worth that much.

This bus, a good-condition '97 D40LF, is worth only $8,750.

This bus, a fair-condition '04 MCI D4000, is worth only $16,000. And it's in California, a state that is clamoring for public transport.

Even this coach, a good-condition '13 Van Hool T2145, is worth $309,000.

$309,000....compare that to the $350K price of the base-model Wentward, and it's clear that the Wentward's value is messed up.

If I'm forced to buy the Wentward to complete career mode while it's priced this absurdly high, then I will be extremely angry. Not only because it's basically a rip-off, but because it's a rip-off with a vehicle that has basically one use that could be fulfilled by a Grand Marshal taxi or an H-Series bus for much less money.

'90s busses aren't worth much anymore, even in California.

#431 DriftinCovet1987, May 17, 2018
    Last edited: May 17, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Maybe game world for bus happens 20 years ago?

I got crash when I changed from Realtek 2nd audio output to windows default.
    upload_2018-5-17_20-40-45.png

13. schwemjace85

schwemjace85
    Expand Collapse

What is the ibishu mirimar based on in real life

14. Limelight

Limelight
    Expand Collapse

Nadeox1.... sir I do have all my mods turned off. I think I deleted a file by accident. after I deleted it (by accident) when I would put my car into park it would act like it was in neutral. THIS IS WHY I REPORTED A BUG

15. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

if you deleted a file then it's not a bug, if you uninstall it and reinstall it you should get the file back

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please check the list on the first post.
    Parking Gear not working is a known listed as you will see.

17. phjnvr

phjnvr
    Expand Collapse

Problems with multi-part highlighting:
    1. You can't hide certain parts on certain vehicles (eg. wheels on the Sunburst)
    2. The whole system seems to not work with replays. Either the whole car is visible or then it's completely hidden.

18. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Rather than storing per-part transparency in replays, we've decided to provide full control over the playback: go to Options > Other, and there uncheck "Enable full vehicle transparency playback".

From that point on, you can choose your own multi-part transparencies at will, regardless of what was recorded. This way, you can re-replay crashes wacthing different parts of the vehicle each time.

• Informative Informative x 2
  19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm getting really poor performance when doing burnouts from some reason. Earlier versions there was no such performance hit.
    upload_2018-5-24_15-42-22.png

Especially when camera goes trough smoke there seems to be very big FPS hit.

Maybe maximum amount of smoke/smoke life has been increased?

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. NickMsiGaming

NickMsiGaming
    Expand Collapse

My vehicles are getting stuck on this part of West Coast USA in the newest update! Heeeelp!

Attached Files:

• 20180521215442_1.jpg
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice