1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.12.0.4 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

that nomi 200BX Looks like a mod from DPMP

2. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

I have the same issue, and I don't have any mods so :confused:

3. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

Oh, I don't really use the backroads in WCUSA, Could be something in the mesh that grips your tire and pops it

I didn't develop WCUSA, So i'm just throwing out ideas.

4. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the floor acts like it has small gaps in the collision mesh, allowing the tires to fall through and shreds them when they hit the edge. It also seems to do the same thing if the car is dropped directly on top.

EDIT: It almost acts like the fences that grab you on some of the maps.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

This also occurs with various particle emitters (such as those in the World Editor.)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

BUG report:

When you have two vehicles, select weight distribution app, then tab to another vehicle and weight distribution app is not updating. Tab to first vehicle and app does update.

It does have something to do with leaving menu open, because after app has been selected and menus cleared, vehicles reloaded, it works fine, but after selecting app without reloading vehicles and having still menu open (one with plus sign and accept sign), it is not updating.

Might be that reloading vehicle was what made it work with both vehicles again.

#446 fufsgfen, May 25, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  7. huatuanhai

huatuanhai
    Expand Collapse

i got problems the tanker trailer with rear right wheel well is disappears

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00000.png
    • screenshot_00001.png
  8. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I found a fun little bug when trying to tow a semi with another semi.
    Take a T75 with the T75 long chassis, and another one with the heavy duty front bumper. Try to attach the bumper to the frame of the other, and they will explode. I got the game to crash once doing this.
    Gfycat Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

AI has real trouble going backwards, meaning a demo derby is barely possible now.
    Here we have two AI cars set to Chase:
    screenshot_01032.png
    Let's unpause and...
    screenshot_01033.png
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I still haven't gotten an official reply to this question yet. Will the Wentward's price be dropped? Was the $350K-400K current pricing just a typo, or is it legitimate?

I mean, I've already done the price research for you, and I think that the Wentward should be worth about $40K tops.

11. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

From what I know of buses, $300k-600k seems to be a fairly realistic price for the low floor city bus.

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This new bus is only $16 000:
    https://buses.cardekho.com/buses/tata/lpo-1613-city-bus

It is worth to shop around, some buses are indeed in such price range as mentioned in game.

That brings me a question, we have maps from different parts of the world, but prices of vehicles only from some location, while price usually is different and different places. So is it East Coast Usa or Utah prices that are in game? :p

13. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I find it hard to believe that anyone would pay $300K-600K for an ordinary 20- or 30-year-old bus that most likely has been driven into the ground, especially not when new buses go for that much money.

Some. That's the keyword here. There may be some buses from 1987-2000 are worth $300K-plus, but a (presumably) common old bus like the Wentward (which likely would have been just as popular as the New Flyer D40LF/Orion V, if not more popular)? I highly doubt it. Maybe in California (and that's a big maybe), but outside of there, I just don't see the Wentward being worth anywhere near what it is currently worth.

#453 DriftinCovet1987, Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  14. EcoNadder77

EcoNadder77
    Expand Collapse

I was referring to the price when it was brand new.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I can see that it would be worth about that much brand-new. However, I'm referring to its used price (i.e. its current price), which is what should be referred to when making price judgments for the BeamNG vehicles (in my opinion, at least). In that case, the Wentward wouldn't be worth over $100K, maybe not even $50K.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

But you get brand new vehicle in BeamNG, at least currently, think about Miramar or Burnside for example, those are really old, but you get them brand new.

Perhaps if career mode includes buying of used vehicles, it will have then original price reduced by some variables, so what we currently see are just original price when new, but with variables price becomes what it is with it's condition, mileage and age as well as desirability, for example.

So in that case price should be currently show up as a new price as it is.

17. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

BeamNG uses values of cars in perfect condition in late 2010s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Is there more information about this available? I guess it is mentioned someplace by someone, but haven't seen such myself, probably have missed it.

19. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

If that was the case, the Miramar and Burnside would be worth far less than they are worth now. The Burnside (being a mid-level luxury car) probably wouldn't be worth more than $3K for a production trim, while the Miramar (being the Japanese equivalent) would likely be worth about $3-5K. However, the Burnside is worth $16K-21K for the regular production vehicles ($25K-35K for the modified variants), while the Miramar is worth between $8K-18K for the production variants, and the Race and Custom variants go for $30K+.

Why, the Barstow is a perfect counter-argument, as that car is a regular old muscle car that (at the time) probably wasn't worth much more than $6K-$7K for even the top-line special-edition variants, let alone the base models. And yet even the base-model I6 version goes for $7K, while the top-line TrackSport/Lancehead/Kingsnake clear $40K-50K.

While technically the bus is brand-new, it still would have had depreciation eating away at its price like almost any other regular vehicle from the time (i.e. every other BeamNG vehicle that was built from the '80s and '90s). I think that the depreciation alone would have dropped the bus's price to less than $100K by now. Do you see the LeGran being worth $6K-14K like it likely would have been worth brand-new? No, it's only worth $3,850 for the top-line Sport V6, and almost every other trim is worth less than $3K, because that's what those kinds of cars are worth today. And that's how it should be for every vehicle, including the bus.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

That 3K is a lot more in today's currency though and it would make sense to have one currency value in use, whatever car's value is used or new.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice