1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.13 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this is the right thread to post this, but regarding the new force feedback update, I'm extremely happy with how it works currently! Drifting used to be impossible as I was often fighting the FFB, but now I can even let go of the steering wheel to catch a slide almost flawlessly!

A huge thank you to the devs. BeamNG is quickly becoming my favorite driving game!

• Like Like x 5
  2. Сука Блять

Сука Блять
    Expand Collapse

The FFB update is amazing, huge thanks to devs as this has made the game so much fun playing. My G27 used to rattle all the time, now it's only limited to rare situations such as starting the car or oversteer/understeer (in awd cars). Thank you devs!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. JJB-2000 2

JJB-2000 2
    Expand Collapse

YEP WORKS!!!!! :D
    Thanks mate.

4. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I wonder if this is any of value, but noticed that bus can get starved of oil if crashed like this:
    upload_2018-8-8_12-45-15.png

It probably does not affect much of anything as after such crash bus is not going to go anywhere, but it is bit odd that it will get starved of oil in such situation.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Max.K

Max.K
    Expand Collapse

Hey i found bug in time trial mode in jungle rock island hillclimb layout with reverse setting finish line checkpoint wont register

and same result in safe mode

#465 Max.K, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  6. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, I can no longer control this official prop (bindings for this prop disappeared as well).

Even with Safe Mode, it still won't operate.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

We checked and seems to be working here.
    You checked it if happens with any vehicles, or just some specific ones?

Works fine here. If you already made sure to check with absolutely no mods, do a clean reinstall (see first post)

8. Can-06

Can-06
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this is caused by an update but when a car stands on it's roof with engine turned off still causes an oil starvation. I thought this was only happening when the engine is working.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't matter if the engine is working or not. Gravity will pull the "oil" down. There's nothing keeping it in place after you turn off the engine

10. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! It now works.

11. galaxynote2

galaxynote2
    Expand Collapse

It does work for me, but somehow the tilt table device to test the car inclination is a bit glitched (the table isn't in the original position). Could you try it in your end?

12. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Sure, but the engine shouldn't be starving, since it's not running.

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 3
  14. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

ffb is yet better again, definitely tighter, can tell from not crashing as much drifting Pikes Peak lol. Good job guys!
    Hint for others; really make sure your wheel isnt self centering. Also try to get as much fps as possible, with Reshade i loose 5-10fps and can tell the difference. Ive set the rate on the steering wheel to Automatic, earlier i had it capped at 30hz, due to limiting fps to 30.

15. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Another small update but still no fix for the interior sounds (the parking brake) coming from other vehicles? That shouldn't be hard to fix.

And how about that color-flashing dust cloud behind vehicles? It's hard to believe that's a "feature".

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Extreme testing...

I did lower details to made sure there are hardware limitations, yet video is bit choppy at times, oh well.

17. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

Still testing the FFB out so atm i cant provide much feedback apart from: Its now in serious hardcore sim territory! I dont want to say its the best thing since sliced bread but it is up there with AC, Rfactor2, Automobilista, RRRE and the like. Also its the first time drifting really "clicks" for me. With some exercise i could pull off some drifts here and there with specific cars in Assetto Corsa and Beam(pre update). But it was completely based on learned patterns and mostly audiovisual cues. With the last two updates the FFB just provides the information i always searched for. I'm not good now by any means but for the first time it makes sense what i need to do and feels just natural. Congratulations in that regard!

IMHO the single best addition for the FFB is now to add vehicle/trim specific FFB options. A somewhat good baseline setup which works alright on every car in most conditions is probably archievable. But my desired settings can be hugely different between two different cars. eg. the strong forces i want for a drift car and the subtle information i want from a race car. Maybe just a box to tick in the FFB menu "only affects current car".

PS I made a long time ago a thread asking if premade trackparts like in trackmania would be a possibility for easy modding or something like that and you guys just released a freaking track editor in the meantime. IDK if my thread was related in any way to add this feature - most probably not - but thank you nonetheless!

#477 B. Tanner, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Cars are quite different, AWD will naturally have less feedback, so in theory you would set your wheel to one setting and if wheel is close to perfect and settings good, then you would feel each car differently as developer has intended to.

Problem is wheels are not perfect, my cheap T150 works fine on quite small range of forces, so to get FFB to be anything useful, I do need to change settings quite often when I change cars.

19. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

Agreed!
    I edited in a better example. Drift <-> Racing. Which should make my intentions clearer. The AWD <-> RWD comparison wasnt the best because it could be confused with me complaining that those cars provide different ffb forces. Which is absolutly not the case. Naturally this is the only way it should be.
    With specific FFB setups for each car (as an option) the constant editing of the general ffb settings you mentioned would be gone. The constant changing is especially annoying because the HUD is pretty laggy right now.

#479 B. Tanner, Aug 10, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  20. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Have you guys generated your own ffb wheel response curve? Im using my own and atleast visibly theres adjustments. Helps even more with accurate ffb, im using an older wheel so happy to sort all the little things that can make a difference.

• Informative Informative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice