1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.13 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I have attempted few times now and with T150 I'm not getting anything good out of it, response curve that wheel check generates is so wild that I practically loose all the fine details even after I edit beginning of curve so that it is not acting quite so on / off, it still is pretty much force on, force off as well as capping maximum to something like half or less what wheel can do. Adjusting strength is not doing much else than bringing it more on/off, so I'm thinking of crafting curve manually to get ffb deadzone fixed, while maintaining all the nice forces and details.

Maybe it is combination of belt and gear which makes wheel check not to work so well as there probably is some damper effect by the belt?

I did edit this later to get some smoother ramp up at lower left, but still it is quite weird curve compared to what is on steering wheel setup page, so with T150 it seems not to be quite so simple as generating curve and drive :D
    upload_2018-8-11_7-9-32.png

Well, at least pro pedals are nice, but I would rather have Fanatec wheel (who wouldn't) :p

Need to do more testing today, would be kinda nice to know miles/wrecked cars ratio of all time BeamNG playing as well as totals, also total value of vehicles destroyed etc.

2. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Yes that curve looks really off! What app did you use? My curve looks like this for my Microsoft Sidewinder FF wheel:

Attached Files:

• MSFFResponsecurve.png
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

iRacing Wheel Check, haven't really been able to find others and I think that 'should' work as it is most commonly used, but it really is not working at all.

Manually crafting curve is not much better in practice either, could be that it is still too extreme at the beginning, it is more of trial and error this way:
    upload_2018-8-11_10-57-18.png

4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for your reports!

Both are known issue.
    Both need more time and testing to be fixed properly (because it does not appear 'hard' to fix, does not mean it's a quick fix :) )
    This hotfix is fixing some major issues, like crashes, that made the game unplayable for a few people.
    You can export fixes for the things mentioned later on.

Cheers

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Also FFB app causing UI to practically freeze is worth to mention, even it probably is on same category as above. (ctrl-w while FFB app is open to see what happens)

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

ID: 38665

Also older report by another user:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/ui-lag-with-ffb-app-and-etk-k.56799/
    --- Post updated ---
    Video, but I forgot disable mods for video, it is same with mods disabled and I had mods disabled for the report:

Lags-a-lot :p

Oh and another bug on video, see those needles dissappear, if you have steering wheel hidden, then go to ctrl-w menu, they dissappear, bit same like replay app dissappearing car issue, but it happens with needles and when steering wheel is hidden from game options.
    --- Post updated ---
    Sequential gearbox of SBR4, I did notice that I can shift down while having full throttle. Usually sequential boxes require at least some throttle lift to shift down. Not sure if it is intended to be like it currently is or not yet enabled WIP state of things.

8. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

No idea where else to put this, what happened to the promised V8 engines for the new ETKs?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Or the promised Grand Marshal V8/planned '96 Pessima V6 engine swap(s) for the 200BX? Those would be awesome engines to have in the lightweight FR 'BX (especially the GM's V8).

10. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

I don't think we ever specifically mentioned V8s for them.

11. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

But now that it has been mentioned... Will you make it happen? :D

12. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

V8s? Probably not.

• Informative Informative x 4
  13. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Damn, it would be a really neat and welcome addition to the game though, but it's your game, so do your stuff I guess. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

One thing that's irritated me about this update is the fact that we received a sizable map set in New Zealand yet there was no New Zealand police vehicle included in the update or any of the hotfixes. It seems odd that we have 2 German police vehicles for a very small German map, and 1 French police vehicle that doesn't even go with any existing map, yet nothing for this large New Zealand map.

I did some research and the best vehicle for a New Zealand police vehicle would be the 1st Generation Ibishu Pessima as the New Zealand Police used the very similar Mitsubishi Diamante in their fleet. (In more recent years they've used Australian vehicles , which BeamNG does not have) All that would need to be done is creation of the livery and porting the classic light bar over to the Pessima.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

16. MrAngry

MrAngry
    Expand Collapse

Fair enough, I just found this snippet from some time ago that mentions bigger engines:

https://www.beamng.com/attachments/kseries-png.209254/

I haven't really kept track since but I'm pretty sure we haven't seen a bigger engine ever.

17. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

I think a V10 would fit better in a modern expensive sports car like the K-Series than a V8, that might be what was planned.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 1
  19. Unster

Unster
    Expand Collapse

Alright, thanks for acknowledging the issues. I was just a little worried that the fixes for these 2 issues won't make it into the current series of hot fixes, and we'll have to wait another 3-6 months like we did for the broken parking gear to get fixed. I know there are time/budget limitations, but I'd like to see the hot fixes continue as long as there are remaining bugs that were introduced in the recent major update.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

This is how drifting in WCUSA looks, dynamic reflections were really low, something like 90 meters and all settings way down, but it is not performing enough well, imo.
    upload_2018-8-12_9-55-52.png
    Yellow is tires smoking, GPU could do much more here.

i7-6700 and gtx1080 are relevant specs.

I'm really curious about coming UI overhaul, if that removes most of the UI delay here, then it would be enough for my slow cpu to keep 60fps, so I'm looking forward of that :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice