1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.13 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Jul 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

Ui overhaul ?

YEEESSSSSSSSSSS

i have since a long timme ishues with the UI i have too a very slow pc witha a amd fx4200 coug cough the game runs fine with 1-2 cars fps are about 30 so playable :p
    but the ui takes 1 minute to show up the car selection it is a mess :(
    ( i always wonder what takes so long to show a menue of the side selection bar )

2. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

Okay, here are my thoughts on the FFB and my settings for the Logitech G27 wheel.
    But first i like mention that IMHO FFB feeling is something highly subjective. What works for me wont
    necessarily work for somebody else. Also i dont use datasheets, graphs, luts and all that things. I want to use the sliders a game provides me in the options and then determine the best settings for me only by feel.

I unsubscribed to all mods and deleted the Beamng folder in "documents". So no mod or old settings by myself screw something up.

The standard FFB settings of a fresh install are waaaay to strong for the little G27. It rattles, it cracks, the forces in general are way to strong. Nothing unusual, every other game/sim provides absolut horrible standard settings.
    Just in case, these are the vanilla settings:

(Max strength: 10)

I tried to do a baseline setup which works with every car and on every surface without too much clipping/rattling/cracking. Which works fairly well.:

And my Logitech Settings:

For my testings i first spawned on Small Island because of the bumpy roadsurface, also it provides fast and slow sections. A really good map for testing if you want to avoid clipping. Then i spawned all relevant/different enough car configurations. Meaning: i didnt tried out every low horsepower config with low grip tyres.
    The easiest setting to find out was the slow speed strength: 120. With that i can yank the wheel as violent as i want when standing still or rolling slow. At already 130 clipping can be felt.
    Everything else took some hours because every now and then there was a car which wanted some finetuning.

After that i spawned on the WCU racetrack and tried out some low grip cars and other problematic cars (including racecars with high grip). My intention was here to look what the lowered strength and upped smoothing does on a smooth surface. I'd say the feeling is still quite good when driving on the limit. I dont mind that the entry level trims have a relative numb feeling because its kind of realistic.

Also i tried some offroading and rock climbing which works for me alright(not a big offroader myself). Atleast no violent clipping.

Edit: Driven through the campaigns, too. No problems there.

Things to consider:
    Race- and Rallycars with 540° Steering Lock: will have a lot stronger forces, naturally. With these settings i catered for them a bit. But for a better experience lowering the strength a bit or halfing the max strength to 5 can help a lot. Fast countersteering wont be smooth. Especially not with AWD. AWD with 540° steering lock produces the highest forces!
    Moonhawk with atleast sporty suspension: will produce high forces when braking hard on bumpy surfaces.
    Only on the intended surface: these settings work well. If you're too fast with your road car and drive into the bumpy mess of the side of the road your wheel will clip and make nasty noises. Also crashing will produce higher forces your G27 cant cater for. You could lower the max strength to ~2-3 to avoid that but the overall forces everywhere else will be lower too. Which i didnt want. Overall these settings work as long nothing bad happens.
    Feeling/catching oversteer and drifting: works on most cars IMHO really good.
    Feeling understeer: on the other hand is lackluster. Probably too much smoothing. But IMHO not a biggy because its pretty easy to detect with audiovisual cues.
    Civetta: feels numb. For hotlapping with that car i reccomend some finetuning. (more strength, less smoothing).
    Thats the vanilla LUT i get: I just assumed this is the LUT file for the G27 made by the devs. I hope it holds true. edit: wiki states, it is.
    Should work for G25, G29 and G920, too: G25 has slightly more and G920/G29 have slightly less torque. We're talking about 0.1nm so it should be still a good baseline. G25 probably gets away with slightly more strength while G29/G920 proably need to lower it.

Thats all i can think of for now. I should have taken notes while testing all of this out. Ask me anything about that matter and i try to answer it as well as i can.

Update: as @fufsgfen pointed out i had still the dampening and spring effects in the logitech drivers activated.
    They are now deactivated and i have gone through the process of setting up the FFB like stated in the wiki again. Pretty much ended up with almost the same settings. Surprisingly lowering the Slow smoothing worked a lot better to get rid of the quick rattling i mostly got from quick countersteering than increasing the fast smoothing. so there is that.

Overall not tested as much as the prior settings but even the cars with 540° steering angle work well. Also this time i concentrated more on actual driving/racing rather than driving in a way to provoke clipping.

#502 B. Tanner, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
  3. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I think that you have enabled some canned/fake effects in Logitech control panel, in FFB settings guide there were mentioning of some which should be disabled, so you get only physics based FFB effects as those canned effects reduce the feeling you get from the physics.

I have force strength at around 100 and smoothing around 100 too, Windows control panel goes to 100% on T150 and with 70% it should be same as Logitech's 100%, so I have that set to 70%

It still is mighty strong with race cars, so for me defaults were quite high indeed, I'm not sure for what those defaults in games are set, because they always are so hugely high.

For example I tested LFS and I had to set FFB strength to 6/100 with 70% windows driver strength and it still is something mighty strong with race cars on that game.
    --- Post updated ---
    UI overhaul has been rumors for quite some time, hopefully soon we hear some news about it, that too is some rumor, but you never know with the rumors :p

Yeah, AMD FX is really having trouble with this game as single core performance is the key for good performance in Beam.

4. B. Tanner

B. Tanner
    Expand Collapse

Oh boi, totally forgot about them. spring and dampening on 100%. Meeeeh
    With both them on 0% the FFB is now clipping again like crazy. Well, back to testing. :D

/Okay, i also had the vanilla settings active for the screenshot in my post above. The difference isnt that brutal. But without the dampening there are again more clipping spikes.
    //hmm, idk now i smoothed the spikes out with the ingame option. But it feels more or less the same.

#504 B. Tanner, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

@Diamondback
    How do we enable throttle cut on mods? Can't find anything that points to it in game files..

6. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Horns don't seem to work in replay mode. I've been testing replay functionality regarding various functions, and that's one issue I found. Vehicle lights (Headlights, hazards, emergency lights, glitch out aswell)

8. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Did you see anything useful from logs? Just curious of if you need some more information.

9. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

The d series's hood camera dismounts when you crash.

10. Magic_Sowap

Magic_Sowap
    Expand Collapse

Some things could be improved on west coast usa, I found these problems :
    Around this place :
    screenshot_00011.png
    There is a floating fence and a sharp edge in the terrain :
    screenshot_00010.png screenshot_00012.png
    Also, these fences have a bad hitbox (yes, the car is on the fence here) :
    screenshot_00013.png
    And also, the trees have no collisions in the higher branches, objects just go through them :
    screenshot_00014.png

Sorry for the bad screens, it's just stuff i saw during a quick gaming session..

11. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

I think gabester was talking about I6 variants, which weren't ready yet.

12. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

No :)

13. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

So, something bigger than I6 was planned :rolleyes:?

14. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

They recently got more variants, with more powerful turbo engines. Perhaps bigger here means more powerful and that is done now?

15. Ai'Torror

Ai'Torror
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

There most likely going to be a V8 V10 or V12 (most likely a V8 or V10), since there already is a full dual exhaust model in files.

16. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would bet on V10 as there is a sound for it already and there is M6 connection.

However even with current setups it has some grip issues, it is quite little amount of throttle that makes and keeps it sideways, putting power down with tires it has is quite challenging, so maybe V10 option needs some tweaks on that department before really being useful.

I did put V10 on it though, Clockwise 533 with race rubber is one of the most realistic tires in game and V10 with those was not too much at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

The Automation Test Track lacks a day/night cycle. I love the map, yet the lack of setting the TOD to evening is a bit frustrating.

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

There is small bug at WCUSA, gravel sound is played before and after the bridge near forest, which you can see quite early on video (this is live recording, not a replay):

Also my CPU can't keep 60fps while recording and having 3 cars on map, one was invisible during video filming.
    4 cars without recording is too much, graphics on high, no dynamic reflections, gtx1080 and i7-6700 which according to Banana bench is faster / equal with 6700k:
    upload_2018-8-20_16-39-46.png
    It is bit odd, considering other cars should run on different cores, so as I can run one bus quite nicely, would think 4 cars would run too, however at some points drops to 40fps, not really sure why those other cars stress same core that has trouble with 1 car, but that seems to drag my FPS down. However have to be happy I can run it 60fps with pretty much everything maxed out with a bus.

Update: Forgot to add that in 0.10 pausing physics or hiding UI had minimal effect, but at least in 0.12 and 1.13 hiding UI and pausing physics seems to have much higher effect on FPS, so probably some change in relation to that is why ECA and WCUSA seem to have bit harder time on CPU processing.
    Of course new UI might resolve this, but I'm not sure if there is something else, in area of physics or in graphics that is taking from that limited CPU pool, all I know there is observable change.

Map really would be nice with let's say 6-8 vehicles, but then I have to turn shadows off, hopefully you can find some magic trick for that.

#518 fufsgfen, Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  19. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

SOLVED @Developers

I found a bug in the interior of every Sunburst; as you can see from the images, the windows have a light blue tint.
    20180820203232_1.jpg
    ^ Sunburst ^
    20180820203230_1.jpg
    ^ Miramar as comparison ^

#519 Alex [ITA], Aug 20, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. Alex [ITA]

Alex [ITA]
    Expand Collapse

And I saw this in the West Coast track.
    20180821171453_1.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice