1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.14 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Oct 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

Maybe it's the map you are using, especially if it's a mod.
    Perhaps the terrain materials on it are not defined correctly.

2. Brickfalcon

Brickfalcon
    Expand Collapse

Oh I didn't notice because it wasn't there when I last checked. Thanks

3. largefry

largefry
    Expand Collapse

my van has no textures on livery

4. Giraffinator

Giraffinator
    Expand Collapse

Most likely caused my outdated mods. Clear cache and load the game in safe mode, and see if that fixes it.

upload_2018-11-4_17-27-24.png

5. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I don’t know if it’s a new issue or I just haven’t noticed it before, but running at 4K actually make my menus and UI blurrier. The actual game is clearer, but the menus are better at 1080p.

6. Tsutarja495

Tsutarja495
    Expand Collapse

UI Maximum Resolution perhaps?

To change it, you need to not be in the main menu.
    I think it's set to 1080p by default.

7. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Useful but doesn't change the quality, only size.

8. Pedro H.

Pedro H.
    Expand Collapse

After update the Shift Decision Debug doesn't work

Attached Files:

• errobeamng.png
  9. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

yes that is the problem. thanks

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Indeed it's that one.
    It changes the resolution (so the size as well), and scales it up to your resolution.
    Scaling up a lower resolution will make the image blurry.
    Video - Click to Play - Direct Link

Has been like that since that option exists :)

Thanks, noted.

Checked your logs (that you kindly sent via PM).
    Your GPU (GTS 360M) does not support DirectX11, only DirectX10 (so below requirements)
    The game is running in compatibility mode, some effects will not work correctly or at all.

#270 Nadeox1, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. MASKED REPTILIAN

MASKED REPTILIAN
    Expand Collapse

clear casche

12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It seems I'm no longer able to use iGPU to run the game if I have dedicated GPU installed. It was kinda handy to be able to run on iGPU for performance testing of maps etc.

Now despite my monitor has iGPU selected dedicated card is still used, while in 0.13 I could easily choose which GPU is used.

Nvidia controlpanel does not have option to use something else than nvidia car either.

13. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Yes but turning it to ‘disabled’ doesn’t fix the issue either. It’s most noticeable on the main menu text. Everything else just gets smaller when it’s disabled but that menu stays the same size, so my guess is everything is built for a specific maximum resolution (sub 4K, maybe 1440p?) and when I disable the scaling everything shrinks to a 1:1 pixel ratio. However, since the menu can’t shrink it chooses that unknown ‘highest quality’ version, but that one doesn’t map perfectly to 4K at (whole number):1, but by manually setting my resolution to 1080p it chooses 1080p which maps at 4:1 to 4K.

I can grab screenshots tomorrow, but I’m not sure they will show the issue or if it only manifests in physical screens.

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Eh, that sounds like a problem with the Nvidia stuff itself.
    Try to reinstall the drivers perhaps?

The main menu is always capped at 1080p for stability reasons.
    Disabling the UI resolution only affects the in-game interface.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

This might help explain the issue.
    https://imgur.com/a/1UDH0MH

It could also be that the text becomes too small to work right. I'm not sure how easy it is to tell on anything but a 4k monitor, but nearly everything in the menu at 4k is significantly less crisp.

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I don't have a 4K screen myself, so I used a custom resolution to simulate that.
    I have the UI resolution limiter enabled at 1080p.
    284160_20181105135552_1.png 284160_20181105135602_1.png

In the examples above the UI is working as expected.
    Keeping 1080p all the time.
    At 1920x1080 it looks 1:1 pixel perfect.
    At 4K it's up-scaling (so no more pixel perfect)

Not sure what's happening in your case. May you PM me a Support ID with the 4K thing?

17. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did two days ago, also I figure what happened, NVIDIA control panel has never had an option to choose which GPU to use on my desktop, I think that only appears for laptops, but using Windows control panel it is possible to choose which 'display' to use, even there is really only one display, 1 and 2 here go to different inputs of monitor and then from monitor I have to choose other one.

upload_2018-11-5_15-0-24.png

It has been always so that 1 from windows control panel has been 2 on monitor input, also intel icon has appeared only when iGPU is selected, so what happened was that installing new Nvidia and iGPU drivers made some weird wizardy to happen to order of things, so now 1 in control panel is 1 on monitor too, which confused me thinking it is iGPU selected when it was Nvidia.

Some other games do that weird rendering on dedicated GPU and passing that to iGPU.

So almost nothing good comes with update of drivers, just creates a mess :p

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Offtopic, but I grew gray hairs over the iGPU and dGPU thing in general.
    You have options for that scattered all over the place (GPU Control Panel, Windows powerplan, etc etc).
    It's a pretty messy thing I don't understand why it wasn't made more obvious yet.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

i'd call that a feature :p

It is note-worthy that as i used to have low FPS issues on JC3 as sometimes it would randomly choose the iGPU. BeamNG has happily found the correct one every time.

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, BeamNG does work, I was quite distracted by the fact some other games do it weird way and that numbers were thrown other way around by driver upgrades.

Really, why you can't name your GPUs like you can name your Drive in Windows?

Kitty and Dragon would perfectly describe which is which, but as Nadeox1 mentioned, these are things that cause gray hair for sure.

Still missing days when you had option to choose GPU, but it was at time when everyone were computer geek at Internet :D

But more on topic, something I have wanted to mention about this update.

-This new update has changed way game looks, something about specular shader I guess has changed, I find it provides a much improvement in how game looks, even it can be first a subtle change.

-Car hauler upfit, that surprise is surprisingly lot of fun, one of the big things in this update :D

-New Driver camera is much more improved from old one, I don't need to use relative camera for vehicle anymore.

-Sounds, oh the sounds are providing so much more immersion now, driving trough bushes, making turn wide to gravel, all are working so nicely, even them birds are not screaming.

-Trackbuilder/light runner, this is really nice feature which I have had too little time spent with, but whole new game in game and comes with tunes, that was big surprises that made me grin when loaded track first time :)

There really is nothing else like this game around, amount of cars you can build using just vanilla parts is incredibly insane, but then you can make all kind of mechanical structures from nodes and beams and even new parts, which is not too difficult once you get inside of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice