1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.19 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 5, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Ah, I've figured out the issue.
    On cars with two-tone paint jobs, both the primary and secondary colors are specified in the info.json file. For example, here's the V8 Super-Matic:

On cars that have a two-tone skin by default, only the first color is specified (when that happens, it applies to all three palettes). For example, here's the stock Grand Marshal info file:

The problem is that the manual V8 config for the Burnside has only one paint color, but both the primary and secondary palettes are specified.

I've checked—if you remove the second line, it spawns with whatever paint color you selected applied to the roof as well.

So yes, this is technically a bug.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. ARY5588

ARY5588
    Expand Collapse

Yes!, but in the case of the perfomance block why a "sport intake" reduces horsepower?

3. ltntai

ltntai
    Expand Collapse

This type of trees in Italy are drive-through.

4. Calarist

Calarist
    Expand Collapse

My guess is that it has something to do with the way the performance blocks work. Rather than just adding a set amount of power at each RPM like intakes, it instead multiplies the torque values at each RPM by a different amount, so the part of the torque curve that the sport intake affects might be messed up from the multiplication. That's just a guess though.

5. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

After some more play time all flashers have not received the new lighting system. I've checked the Roamer, Grand Marshal, Bolide and Sunburst and non of them regarding their flashers (not light bar) are not using the new lighting system.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The node grabber does not go away when you reset your vehicle. Fun times when you 100% strength node-grabbed to the other side of the map before resetting. I'm just sitting here wondering how the game didn't have a physics instability...
    Screenshot53.png

Also, the D10 Zeta has the 1985 Fascia but +1988 model years.

#766 ManfredE3, Apr 27, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  7. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

It has the more modern "Intermediate"/"Mid" headlights; the Custom Classic shares the same front end, and its production years are from 1990-1993.

Speaking of the Custom Classic, its "vintage" front end is meant to reference the "earlier generations" - hinting that the 1985-1990 D-Series is considered a different generation, even though the 1988-1994 D-Series is just a facelift of it.

Also, can we have the D-Series retconned to something like 1985-1990 (pre-facelift) and 1991-1994 (post-facelift)? It gets all sorts of wacky when I have to refer to two different-looking D15s as "1988 models".

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. ARY5588

ARY5588
    Expand Collapse

Hmmm but why in the Sunburst and Covet is not the case?(the cars i compared the stock vs sport intake), also the Pessima 88 has more hp in the 1.8 with the stage 1(147) vs stage 2(139)

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Depends on the height/refNodes of the vehicle. They are not dropped from too high to avoid damaging them.
    The script uses timers, and has been tested only on ~60FPS cases. Lower may break the timers.
    Already noted, low on priority at the moment.

This happens if you reset in the same exact moment the glass shatters. Known issue.
    The other issue should have already been fixed in 0.19.1

We added lights only to lightbars currently, not the flashers. Maybe, maybe not, depends on performance.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 8
  11. SuperchargedAndSavage!

SuperchargedAndSavage!
    Expand Collapse

Ahh, sorry. Apparently the game wasn't updated. Thank you :D

12. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

Finally. I've been waiting to see this fixed for ages. (It now reads "Stock Intake" for those of you wondering.)

I haven't found any bugs yet, but I'd like to suggest a few minor things:

*Could you retcon the Wentward as Canadian? I know y'all want to add more countries to the roster, and I think that'd be the easiest way to do so. It'd also make the Wentward more distinct from the T-Series.

*What are you going to do about the D-Series's years? Right now, the pre-facelift and post-facelift versions overlap from 1988 to 1990. I think that pushing the post-facelift version to around 1991-1994 would handily alleviate the problem.

*The Burnside 313 V8 could (and should, in my opinion) receive tuning options like those on the 423 V8. Something like this would be ideal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. gsk11740

gsk11740
    Expand Collapse

Any mod that changes the dashboard (AR162B's pickup and the MPN mod for Vivace are good examples) causes the "Driver" camera to disappear.

14. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

If we spawn cars, change some parts (e.g add licence plate to front bumper) and start them as a traffic they won't change colours.

D/H-Series and Roamer won't respawn near player like other traffic cars.

15. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

that's not a bug with the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. austen64

austen64
    Expand Collapse

Just seems unnecessary to me. If you really want to see Wentward listed as canadian, you can change the info.json file yourself—or here, I've done it for you.
    I imagine that the simplest explanation is that the pre-facelift was still sold on some models as an alternate or base model fascia after 1988. Chevy did the same thing on their GMT400 C/K.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Deleted member 1747

Deleted member 1747
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this has been mentioned already or not, but I have noticed that when using the cruise control UI app, if a modern vehicle such as the ETK 800 or Cherrier Vivace has an accident and applies the brakes and hazard lights, the cruise control is not disabled as a result of the brakes being applied. Surely IRL it would be built into the car's logic for the cruise control to be disabled if the vehicle detects an impact?

18. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

The tweaked night time values for the AI headlights seems to either not have changed for me, or they still don't turn their lights on early enough.
    this is at 0.25 using the in game time changer. in WCUSA it's already pretty dark, especially in the city, I definitely think headlights would be required at this time. (cleared cache, unmodded game)
    20200428080143_1.jpg

Also, if the metal box is placed into a truck bed it gets very jittery, especially at higher weights.
    (sorry for multiple edits) Iv'e noticed it gets jittery mainly if the box scale is changed

#778 Confused_Deer43, Apr 28, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2020
  19. 8coibaf

8coibaf
    Expand Collapse

Technically some cars do that, for example I know the DNA on the Alfa Giulietta activates the eQ2 ( brake simulated LSD) only in the Dynamic mode and in the All Weather mode while in Normal it is deactivated.
    Anyway since it is possible with the actual code I'm sure some modder will take care of that.

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

They got tweaked to turn on at around 0.22 and off at 0.78.
    Note that lights are turned on when the traffic car resets/respawns.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice