1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.21 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Dec 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Does it happen on safe mode as well? If not, then it's one of your mods causing it

2. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I eliminated every single outdated/unsupported mod!
    I'll control tomorrow

3. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Remove ALL mods and/or try safe mode!
    Why do people keep reporting problems with mods enabled??? :confused::confused::rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

Thank you
    --- Post updated ---
    I'll try it. Thank you too
    --- Post updated ---
    Tomorrow i'll try safe mode

5. lululombard

lululombard
    Expand Collapse

I already created a topic for this here https://www.beamng.com/threads/abs-brakes-bug-in-0-21.75410/

But I'll copy/paste it here as well:

Hello everyone!

It seems that there's a bug in 0.21 when you start braking while having no grip, it seems that the ABS system prevents the car from really braking and only brakes slightly, when it should definitely apply more braking force. If you let down the brakes and brake again, it will properly brake.

Here's a video to show braking while having the car a bit loose vs in a straight line, you'll see what I'm talking about:

Hopefully that will help! :)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Cento186

Cento186
    Expand Collapse

I've found this issue to have been around before this latest update and tend to crash a few times due to the issue but I've never been able to replicate it.

Glad you found out what causes it! Nothing worse than driving about and suddenly the ABS only allows like 20% braking. But if you let off and press the brake again it's fine...

I'm not sure if it might be linked to the issue I've had previously where the ESC glitches out and forces the car to a stop unless you let off the power and back on again?

7. IDontKnow

IDontKnow
    Expand Collapse

What does the five numbers after 0.21.0.0 mean?
    upload_2020-12-17_17-13-44.png
    Edit: The game keeps crashing after I spawn the Rock Racer/Prerunner, and the D-Series prerunner and Rock Racer is invisible. I have deactivated all of my D-series mods, but the problem persisted.
    Edit 2: It keeps saying STATUS_HEAP_CORRUPTED or something like that.
    Edit 3: Even when I deactivate all my mods, the Prerunner and Rock Racer are invisible.
    Edit 4: It works all of a sudden after I got out of safe mode.

#327 IDontKnow, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  8. 3DTunes

3DTunes
    Expand Collapse

There is no ability to have the two-tone with the bed cap on the D10
    screenshot_2020-12-17_07-55-51.jpg screenshot_2020-12-17_07-56-47.jpg screenshot_2020-12-17_07-57-10.jpg
    124.jpg 909.jpg
    Also the Late model D-series right door has the same number of buttons as the driver instead of one button like the Roamer interior
    screenshot_2020-12-17_07-58-39.jpg screenshot_2020-12-17_07-59-19.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GBones18

GBones18
    Expand Collapse

My covet brakes and P-brake dont work. Ive tried deleting mods and clearing cache but nothing helps

10. SuchSneak

SuchSneak
    Expand Collapse

Since we have more detailed interior shadows in v0.21 could we get a graphical option to up the resolution of the sun's shadow map from 1024 to 2048?

Currently, I've been upping the resolution for my screenshots in the editor by editing the sunsky texsize

shadowres.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Akiazusa

Akiazusa
    Expand Collapse

Just found this, Hirochi eSBR4 used to have G-meter displayed on the dashboard when driving in ESC sport mode or ESC off,but now they don't. And also the problem of ESC/TC lights won't lit up when ESC is off also happens to SBR4 :)

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

SBR4 ESC gets stuck in turns, also the front wheels tend to clip through the fenders

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

The drift etk 800 and k-series have ABS installed. Before the update the ABS was removed as it makes it easier to drift and control the weight of the car as the ABS tries to straighten the car when applying the brakes.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I don't know where else to put this, and it's probably going to cause a lot of user and staff anger directed towards me (for reasons unrelated my non-party-line sociopolitical opinions, for once).

You ready?

Here it goes.

I don't know how I feel about the JRI remaster. The road over the top seems to have been changed a little - smoothed out in some places, banking on some corners, a few topography changes; I would daresay these changes make it a little less challenging but I can't be sure. What this is really about, however, is what was done to the peninsula and its road.

The peninsula road (along with the aforementioned over-the-top road) was one of my favorite driving roads in all of BeamNG, and also one of the longest mountain-pass type roads in the game, with only a couple of Italy's roads coming close. Hairpin after hairpin snaked through the jungle landscape for over 5 miles of pure driving joy. It had problems, of course - it didn't really lead to anything except a secluded beach, and it didn't even make sense as a part of the pre-tunnel perimeter road, just because of how long it was. The thing is, the remaster waters down the technicality of the road without really fixing the "leads to nothing" problem. Don't get me wrong, it's still a barrel of fun with a well-balanced car, and some signature areas are still there, albeit rearranged, but it's not the same 5.7 mile barrage of endless hairpins and murderous braking-zone crests where I once overheated a Custom Classic-ized H15 trying to drift.

I could see trying to expand and "open up" the island, but the peninsula change only added a dam and some rock crawling areas. JRI, unless I'm missing something, doesn't seem to have the trappings of a functioning town or even military base. We see the observatory, the airfield, the lighthouse, the factory, and the port where people once worked, but where did they live and recreate? I can't tell you what to do with your game, but I can say that I would have seen a residential area or some shops as a much better use of the larger peninsula than a few more off-road trails.

Don't get me wrong, JRI looks amazing now, and this was an excellent update overall. But the changes to the roads will have me searching the repo for the legacy version in the coming days.

I apologize if this is the wrong place for this, but I couldn't find a feedback thread that wasn't bug reporting, and just felt a need to vent for some reason. Keep up the good work, it shows in every facet of this game.

(Thanks for coming to my TED talk hur hur hur I'm so funny)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

The Street tuned H-series has a manual transmission but the automatic shifter in the interior

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SeberHusky

SeberHusky
    Expand Collapse

Have not tried this new hotfix yet, so not sure if it is still an issue, but for months the screenshot mode has been bugged where you snap the photo and the screenshot just never saves. It makes a folder for the current day, but the image never appears.

17. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Haida

Haida
    Expand Collapse

The rollback config is supposed to be an automatic, but it spawns as a manual.

upload_2020-12-18_12-47-40.png

upload_2020-12-18_12-48-21.png

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. default0.0player

default0.0player
    Expand Collapse

Now the torque vectoring differential in the SBR4 AWD TTS2 show the correct UI icon, well, does the center differential of the AWD transfercase now open diff? It even doesn't have a "electronicDiffLock" controller logic
    Now it even cannot pass front wheels on the ground and rear wheel on rollers test.

20. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

-RS V8 lettering still doesn't fit stepside tailgate
    -chrome side steps invisible :)
    20201218124748_1.jpg

Not a bug but the ZXi should get a little work too:
    -wheel texture is too bright, a glossy white would look better than matte
    -a sportier steering wheel
    -ZXi factory graphics should be colorable (like the GTz graphics)!!!
    (i used a mod on this picture)
    screenshot_2020-12-17_22-58-03.png

#340 coolusername, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice