1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.22 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slugfest

Slugfest
    Expand Collapse

Mid-range PC owners: "finally, we get some recognition!"

• Like Like x 1
  2. bremerpascal94

bremerpascal94
    Expand Collapse

Sadly not. Cinebench and 3D Mark Firestrike looks fine, my CPU runs @ Stock, GPU runs @ stock. The DOCP is AIDA 64 Rockstable, its definetly not my System. Under normal conditions i can easy spawn 10 Cars and i still got 50-60 FPS...

#602 bremerpascal94, Mar 31, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  3. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

YES BeamNG !! For the first time ever I am completely sold to the tire physics !
    I have kept this to myself all along but even after the new tyre physics came
    out in 0.21 I still needed to make subtle changes myself to get
    a true realistic feel and control of the vehicle. Not anymore :)

The change I kept on making was this in the function nodeCollision :

local collisionEnergy = p.slipForce*1.1 * p.slipVel/1.15 * lastDt -- NC the magic numbers !
    wd.treadSurfaceTemperature = wd.treadSurfaceTemperature + collisionEnergy * wd.treadSurfaceEnergyCoef

I un-uncommented these lines and applied *1.1 and /1.15 .
    You devs had canceled these lines out for a long time and way back the location of the file was even different.
    I applied this down til 0.15 and it made such a huge difference :)

After a first test on the Wendover I don't need to tweak anything myself again, I guess the new tyre patch
    changes have done it :) Very cool !

Also, as usual my old pc has no drop in frame rate so far, just as I'm used to after each update.

• Like Like x 2
  4. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i have the issue only in beam too in 3dmark it doesnt perform at average but its still within a range id say is ok espacially since i havent oced my cpu

5. NOCARGO

NOCARGO
    Expand Collapse

6. Inky Blot

Inky Blot
    Expand Collapse

Oh! Okay, thank you!! I love the new features, by the way :D

7. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

i found a temporary workaround after i installed the Graphics mod from @Brother_Dave it uses the whole gpu and i get much higher frames

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jer

Jer
    Expand Collapse

No problem!

9. Wreck

Wreck
    Expand Collapse

Hello! When copying two or more objects in the editor, the game crashes constantly, starting with version 21 of the game.

10. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Works fine here, please add more details. A video would be appreciated if possible.

• Like Like x 2
  11. BNG-FUN

BNG-FUN
    Expand Collapse

First of all - thanks for all the work on the update! I always appreciate the new features & functionality that are added to the game!

I'm following this thread closely as I noticed something similar and I'm also on Ryzen (Ryzen 9 5900x & RTX 3060 Ti). I noticed the waitforGPU value spiking quite a bit to well over 1 when prior to the update it's pretty much always remained at 0.0. Do you guys having this issue in safe mode? Is the performance better there? It seems to be better for me when in Safe Mode but I still see a little bit of spiking of the waitforGPU value.

It also seems to be dependent on the map - and even specific location within the map - I notice the above happens to me around the default spawn point of East Coast but other parts of the map aren't as bad. Funny enough, after reading other comments that West Coast is bad for this, I gave it a try (with mods enabled) and it was perfectly normal for me.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Perhaps, instead utilizing of a left click via moving the mouse on screen as a way to interact with triggers, which diminishes immersion, instead the mouse could be hidden, and locked to the center of the screen in walking mode. To replace the movement of the mouse cursor, since the mouse position is centered in view, the camera could be moved, with the object closest to the center of view being triggered on a left click. Furthermore, it be ideal to assign the left click to "grab" objects as well, and maybe possibly extend that function to doors, instead of the current usage of hydros. Instead of clicking the trigger and having a tailgate fold itself down, left clicking the trigger simply disconnects the hinge, and grabs the node associated until left click is released. Moving the camera while holding left click would allow the player to manually move the object in accordance with the position of the camera, similar to how the nodegrabber works, but more precision since there is no elastic component connecting the user to the node, as the player is manipulating the position of the node itself. This logic could apply to doors and hoods as well, though levers such as those seen on the rollback beds would still benefit from a simple press and hold to activate and deactivate their respective triggers. If this concept was advanced upon, it could also potentially open the door to, well, openable doors, which would be manually opened in the concept aforementioned; doors would also be required to be opened before the F to drive option can appear. Even more so, it may be possible to allow the player to actually enter the car themselves by walking into the cabin of the vehicle once the door is open, which would cause the character to switch to a new camera in the seat- it would be an evolution of the existing relative camera, this time with limitations, and using WASD to position the camera on the x and y axis, whilst using C and SPACE to position the camera on the z axis, which would allow the player to move around the cockpit. (Q and E could even allow the camera to tilt in the direction associated with the key upon holding Q or E; releasing the key would bend the camera back into the default, upright position). In order to close the door, the player could be forced to click the door handle and perhaps drag it shut. Once in this new "relative" camera, clicking F -either simply while in the camera, or specifically while looking at the steering wheel- could allow the player to control the vehicle. This could also allow other players to sit in the passenger seats of the vehicle, perhaps even being effected by momentum during the drive.

Sorry if that was a bit of a mouthful, there were simply so many ideas to explore!

13. lasagna

lasagna
    Expand Collapse

Hello, I installed the new update but I never got the virus issue. When I start beamng it wants me to migrate data from the original version to the next. When I click "OK" it doesn't do anything and beamng quits. Is there a way to fix this?

14. Frits12333NL

Frits12333NL
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if this has been mentioned, probably has. But the 200BX starves oil only after a few seconds of being started up.

15. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

0.22 is a great update for sure - Soliad, although coming from a niche which already had similar cars in the game, is a nice addition. It has fun handling allowing controllable handbrake drifts, the dash is a pure 80s perfection and the cool wedge shape is a cherry on the top. LeGran remaster is also a great addition due to the new wagon body and subtle facelift versions available. Mods compatibility of the update is surprisingly good.

Issues I have found:

1) Every update to the game disables all mods - annoying as every time I have to go through the process of enabling the ones I use. It would be fine doing it once a couple months for the big updates, but 3 times in a couple days is not fun.
    2) Triggers are difficult to use - not easy enough to find the right positions even though the square is visible. I suggest a marker when you are close enough to actually be able to use trigger or just let them work as soon as the square is visible.

Suggestions:
    1) Let players 'steal' any car from traffic when in walk mode - it would bring a lot of new and interesting ways to play the game and add realism to car chases.
    2) Since mods are an integral part of the BeamNG experience, having some sort of automated mods compatibility checker would be a great addition. Every time when an update breaks some mod, it is very time consuming to pinpoint which mod/mods are causing the issue. I suspect that for less-knowledgeable players it is even more of a problem. It doesn't need to be anything fancy - even something as simple as saying - XX mod is causing texture conflicts or YY mod is trying to use files which no longer exist or have been changed would help sort out any issues players have after updates or with outdated mods.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Wreck

Wreck
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the quick response. I tried it now and in the new editor now it seems to work really okay, but I'm basically working in the old editor (I didn't mention it). In the old editor, I tried to copy two cars, everything is fine (sometimes not), and then I tried to copy 3 cars and the cursor started spinning and the game just closed and this error came out. Perhaps it is worth learning the new editor, I hope it will be more stable, thanks

17. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Is that a good thing? Did it help you or drain the gpu? :)

18. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I tried safe mode and a clean reinstall both didnt change much also utah is fps wise the best and italy is the worst for me

19. efuse_burn

efuse_burn
    Expand Collapse

I can't lauch the game, no popup, nothing, don't know which issue it is.

The steam Lauch button stay blue, not even a little green flash

20. Penguin72

Penguin72
    Expand Collapse

The developers have replied to most other bug reports, but they are completely ignoring the FPS drops. My performance got chopped in half, and I don't know how to fix it. This bug is game-breaking and should not be ignored.

• Agree Agree x 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice