1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.22 Discussion thread | Use Safe Mode before reporting

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Mar 29, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

Unfortunately we only have muffled/unmuffled sounds and can change the balance between them. Trying to process these sounds offline ends up giving very synthetic results, so for now this is as far as we can go.

Crashes will be looked at again in due course. The source sounds we use tend to be recorded at breakers yards, all be it using weapons of mass destruction (a baseball bat!), or dropping vehicles with cranes.

• Like Like x 7
  2. BMF

BMF
    Expand Collapse

Hey TDK thanks for reply :), for the question that you asked me - with verion 0.22.2 sounds in the interior are top! I remember back in 0.21 they were way louder. Also is there a way to add air blow-off to T series turbo, these big turbines like to make pheww when u change gear when under heavy load :p

3. TDK

TDK
    Expand Collapse
    FLIT KILLS MOTHS
    BeamNG Team

• Like Like x 2
  4. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

I’ve never seen developers who are so in touch with their playerbase. Good going BeamNG team!

• Agree Agree x 15
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Sepehr

Sepehr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Enable the Advanced Functions in User interface Settings

6. Sepehr

Sepehr
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

"Off - Road Trial" Scenario hasn't an off road truck

7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

If you attach a trailer to a truck, then switch to the trailer and use walking mode, the game crashes half of the time you do this.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. a plane guy

a plane guy
    Expand Collapse

The sbr4 has no fuel on some configs for me and I’ve tried everything to stop it
    EDIT it isn’t actually on the car but if you add it in part selector it just removes itself?

9. Akiazusa

Akiazusa
    Expand Collapse

Really nice update! and I really enjoy the vehicleStatsLogger recently,but with two small problem. :)
    The first one is that I think might be better for the vehicleStatsLogger to log brakingTorque(how much torque it applied to the wheel in real time) instead of brakeTorque(how much torque it can achieve with a full brake I believe?). It logs brakeTorque for now and always read the same value.
    Then I really hope it will support update period below 1 second in the future.
    (I tried to edit the file a little and changed the update period to 0.05 second,and it worked quite well with deterministic mode turned on)

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. DominicW

DominicW
    Expand Collapse

When equipped with "Push Bar", the "Front Bumper" of Gavril D-Series can be easily torn off when driving on bumpy surface. No similar issues are found for other kinds of front bumpers and bumper accessories.

Attached Files:

• issue.png
  11. Blub

Blub
    Expand Collapse

When you hold the gas key/switch/pedal, and you switch between cars, the car drives itself you know. That's not the problem. The problem is that the car won't stop, even when you hit Esc, than AI and than Stop AI.

12. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

It will stop when you do the same thing again. At least sometimes.

13. Geraldo_o_geral

Geraldo_o_geral
    Expand Collapse

for me if you click the up arrow again, it stops accelerating

#1113 Geraldo_o_geral, Apr 23, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
  14. Blub

Blub
    Expand Collapse

Okay I'll try it later, on my phone rn

15. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Of course stopping the AI won't do anything as it isn't the AI driving it, it's just remembering the inputs you gave it. The way to stop it is to switch back to the car & then press the Accelerate button again; that's just a functionality of BeamNG & has been for quite a while

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

The handbrake soundscape slot only lets you select handbrakes 1 to 10, but there is also handbrake 11 which is a lever one and it's not selectable, but it should be because it's the coolest sounding one, and also there are pedal handbrakes from 12 to 16 that are not selectable either. You can add them to your car manually in soundscape but not if you make it a slot.
    asasds.png

17. XtremeMan

XtremeMan
    Expand Collapse

License plates on saved cars remains the same as it was before the configuration was saved.
    When i change the text of the license plate and after that press apply, the license plate is reset to its original value.

Attached Files:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. jjlucid

jjlucid
    Expand Collapse

how about the fact that when your camera changes on its own during senseless destruction it makes the game almost unplayable? thats something that should have been fixed long long long ago. its possibly the most annoying shit i have ever experienced.

19. necrolavigne

necrolavigne
    Expand Collapse

don't know if this is specific to any recent update, but depending on what wheel, hub type, and offset, you can see the brakes clipping through the wheel. i haven't done any extensive testing, but it seems to be most noticeable on the narrower Standard Steel wheels, with some being very bad such as the ETK 800 in the second pic below.
    tested in safe mode.
    200bx.png etk800.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

That's just how offset works and generally you are supposed to keep it at 0 or a very small value, instead using a wider suspension makes more sense. From what I know the offset is mostly just backwards compatibility for old configs from back when the space between the wheels and hubs was adjustable, and I guess it's on newer cars only for standarization reasons and for when you want to make tiny (not very realistic) wheelbase adjustments.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice