1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.25 Discussion thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Jun 14, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThingThing62

ThingThing62
    Expand Collapse

Ahh that'd make sense. Awesome they have put so much realism into it. When I boot up the game later I'll give it another go and try and get them to trigger for myself. Thanks!

• Like Like x 2
  2. robert357

robert357
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, I'm with you! I like the idea of having different GtG scenarios on map but at least old one should be still accessible via Scenario menu.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

During development I also played around with ejecting them purely based on being upside down, that's quite hilarious if the car yeets its own doors mid flight. :D
    The trigger electric for that is still in the game, could be used by convertible mods with extending rear headrests or something

• Like Like x 10
  4. MaxiFull10

MaxiFull10
    Expand Collapse

the new pbr enchancements you made are kinda bad. i liked more the old one, as the red looks like orange for example

5. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

First - Choice within Race Dash Software:

My biggest complaint with the dash software is that some boxes are locked to being either Sets of 2-3 Values or one other arbitrary option, such as Driver Input or Tire Data.

For example, the Bottom Right can only be either 2 Values or Driver input, missing all the options that Bottom Left has available, despite the fact that the boxes are the exact same size, and shouldn't have any technical reason prohibiting their use on both sides, not just the Bottom Left.

You can even set the values within 2 Values to any of the possible options from Bottom Left, despite the fact that they aren't available as main choices.

In the example image below, I have Boost Pressure filling the Bottom Left box fully, whilst also displayed in Bottom Right- But for it to be displayed in Bottom Right, it has to be chosen as one of the values in 2 Values, meaning that Boost Pressure can only take up half the space available, leaving a blank space where the other value would be.

upload_2022-6-16_16-12-30.png

This issue goes both ways too, with other Boxes such as Bottom Left, Bottom Center, and Top Center missing the option for displaying multiple values.

Second - The Size / Resolution:

I think the UI itself within the Race Dash Screen should take up more of the screen real-estate available on the Race Dash Screen. There's a lot of black space around the UI, and at the moment the size of the screen can make it a bit hard to read, especially at a glance. The values are a little bit pixelated, especially values that are within the 2 or 3 Value boxes where they're smaller, to fit the multiple values being displayed. This problem worsens at speed, since I need to be able to read the values at a glance whilst racing or driving fast. I'm running at 2460 x 1440, and they already look pixelated enough that it takes me a second to decipher the labels, so I imagine that on resolutions of 1080p or lower they might become impossible to read, especially at speed.

In this example image below, I'm sitting in the first person driving position of the Civetta Scintillia, and the values are already hard to read, especially the ones in the top and bottom right, which have to be downsized to fit all of the 2-3 values listed in each box.

upload_2022-6-16_16-32-42.png

Perhaps having multiple sizes of displays would be a good idea as well?

Also, It would be nice to have an option for the shift lights on the Race Dash Screen to travel towards the center as the rpm increases, like they do on the "Shift Light Multi" That can be optioned on cars like the Covet.

upload_2022-6-16_16-20-26.png

The RPM Bar in the top center of the Race Dash Screen should change color as the rev range increases- for example, at low rpms, it should be green, then yellow at mid, orange at high, and red as it reaches redline where the RPM Bar should flash, like the Shift Lights do.

It could be a good idea to have a combo Torque + HP Graph as one of the boxes, like in the GR86, as well as a G-meter and a Laptime Counter.

upload_2022-6-16_16-48-37.png

It would also be great to have the RPM Bar be scaleable as an option, like on the GR86, where 0-4k RPM and 8-9k RPM are smaller than 4-8k RPM which is the largest and centered in the graph, since that's the rev range where you will spend the majority of your time in a race.

upload_2022-6-16_16-50-6.png

It may be a good idea to replace numerical values like those on Fuel and Temperature with bars or gauges like on the GR86, since the same information is presented, this time making much better use of the real-estate and as a result making it much easier to read at a glance.

upload_2022-6-16_16-53-5.png

upload_2022-6-16_16-53-32.png

The same goes for things like Boost, which is incredibly well done in the WRX / WRX STI Va generation, which uses a large circular gauge to display boost with numerical values below and to the side of it. (Values such as peak boost would also be very useful to have)

upload_2022-6-16_16-57-23.png

Other Issues / Notes of Interest:

On the Cherrier Vivace, why is the display mounted to the steering column rather than in the space where the factory gauge cluster used to sit?

upload_2022-6-16_16-25-5.png

It's a bit of a reach to look down so far with the race gauge in this position, while the factory gauges were beyond perfect for spirited driving, where I need to be able to glance quickly and get all the information I need at once.

The two dials on the center console of the Race Dashboard in the Scintillia seem to glow despite being in the shade.

upload_2022-6-16_16-34-43.png

The outer vents are missing on the Scintillia, but the center ones are still there- is this intentional?

upload_2022-6-16_16-35-44.png

On the Race Dashboard, the Civetta logo on the passenger side of dashboard is missing, but the normal map that makes it look embossed onto the dash is still there, which looks a bit odd.

Factory Dash:
    upload_2022-6-16_16-37-56.png

Race Dash:
    upload_2022-6-16_16-37-6.png

#405 Acrain7, Jun 16, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
  6. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

All bugs verified in safe mode after verifying game files and deep clearing cache.

Bug Report 06:

Civetta Scintilla - Custom Configuration - the wheels are to large and clip through all of the inner fenders.

Bug Report 07:
    At maximum steering lock, the forward wheels of all Scintillas clip slightly through the frontal inner fenders. Not as bad as the Custom Configuration however.

Suggestion: Just slightly increase the size of the inner fenders and give the custom configuration smaller wheels.

Bug Report 08:

Civetta Scintilla - Dark Owl - Front Wheel clip heavily through frontal inner fender and even almost reach the coolant line. --> increase fender size and slightly move coolant line if possible.

Bug Report 09:
    Scintilla AWD Configurations - Drive Shaft is not animated and clips slightly into one coolant line:

Bug Report 10:
    Exhaust Flow is... interesting... is that intended that there is literally a muffler bridge in the middle that is feed by 4 pipes? Seems odd to me:confused:

Bug Report 11:
    Exhaust clips into a part in the GT Corse and GT Corse Spyder Configuration.

Same for
    Race Sequential Configuration

Bug Report 12:
    NOS Lines clip into V10 engine.

Bug Report 13:
    NOS lines clip into a part of the petrol V8 engine.

Bug Report 14
    Diesel Top Exhaust clips into one NOS bottle. The rest of the NOS system does not clip in this configuration but I can still see OSHA having hissy fits about having flammable NOS lines and bottles so close to a glowing hot turbocharger:p

General Question:
    Is there a logic behind what engines have animated parts and what engines have not? On the Scintilla, V8 Petrol and V8 diesel are animated but V10 is not. Vivace has no animated engines while Wentward Wendover has.

Are you planning to add animated parts to all cars in time?

#406 ARES IV, Jun 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  7. Doge_guy

Doge_guy
    Expand Collapse

Hi, I recently founded 2 bugs which I wanted to report it :

1. The new Civetta Scintilla, must have two bindings for opening the doors I think; But, There is a binding only for opening the Left Door, Not the Right Door.

2. In some locations of Gridmap v2, I experienced some FPS Drops; Even when I'm turning the camera around the vehicle, in some directions, I have FPS Drops.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. starscollide5

starscollide5
    Expand Collapse

Risk setting does not work at all for AI traffic. As a result, AI traffic vehicles are terribly slow, particularly while cornering.

9. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Hm, I fixed the power reading (wrong unit), but I can't seem to get the torque reading to mess up. Did you do anything special to get that to happen?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

On the Scintilla, is the GTXX wing meant to have less downforce than the GTRX ? Seeing it's size i feel like it should have as much if not more downforce, as well as more lateral resistance.

#410 Turbo49>, Jun 16, 2022
  11. WheelMaster74

WheelMaster74
    Expand Collapse

The drift missions feel awesome, The new car is amazing, the cannon missions are spectacular but im here to say the running out of gas on the hyper milling missions feels so realistic. I love it .

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. minivanlover11

minivanlover11
    Expand Collapse

same with me, only the left door works but not the right,

13. DeltaV

DeltaV
    Expand Collapse

Oh, sorry, I've never seen that kind of traffic light before! Maybe it's an American thing.

14. Aquila:)

Aquila:)
    Expand Collapse

The part with the door is intended, right now only the left door works per binded key, the other one can be opened with the mouse as well

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SaffronMan

SaffronMan
    Expand Collapse

16. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-6-16_17-57-50.png
    upload_2022-6-16_17-58-3.png

For some reason the padding is called red handle, despite being black.

Also, why are the colors for the shifter, window netting, and ebrake tied to the dashboard material? I would have loved to choose the colors myself individually for each item.

The manual shifter does not have any options for shift knobs.

When the shifter is set to Manual, rather than Sequential, the ebrake now clips through the fire extinguisher.

upload_2022-6-16_18-3-36.png
    upload_2022-6-16_18-3-44.png

Also, the handbrake lowering when the Manual shifter is used is a bit odd, since that would be less usable whilst rally racing or drifting.

When the Sequential shifter is used, the ebrake cables now go nowhere
    upload_2022-6-16_18-5-2.png upload_2022-6-16_18-5-17.png upload_2022-6-16_18-5-33.png

Worth mentioning that the bolts for the shifter also do not go through the metal plate that the shifter rests on, as well.

I feel like the warning lights for low fuel, check engine, and engine running or not should be lights that only light up when there is a problem, or change color based on their state, rather than huge true or false values that almost overlap their labels.
    (Also oil pressure, water temp, and engine temp gauges may be very useful.)
    upload_2022-6-16_18-13-55.png

#416 Acrain7, Jun 17, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  17. Pigsy

Pigsy
    Expand Collapse

Bloody hell, here we go again. Where's all my tracks, where's all my cars.

18. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I've been avoiding using the track builder myself for that exact reason. Funnily enough though, my car configs have survived the last few updates just fine.

19. John0090

John0090
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not,

The license plate on the new car shakes like crazy no matter what bumper I have on it

20. Logan Mikael

Logan Mikael
    Expand Collapse

i open beamng drive 0.25 and crashes :(
    upload_2022-6-16_20-3-41.png

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice