1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.26 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Sep 17, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dave.dude

dave.dude
    Expand Collapse

be aware of this kid User 46278229 spamming the n word in any of your content

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

@angelo234 is a dev, and he made this mod, so they should just make it vanilla, for newer and higher end older models

3. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

We are deliberately not adding powersteering by default because it muddies the FFB feeling, something we feel is not worth it.

• Like Like x 5
  4. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

I'm probably wrong on this, but isn't it a minority of people that use FFB wheels for this game?
    If so, I reckon it would be better to have a note somewhere that says it would be better to remove it if you have a FFB wheel, but to have it on vehicles that would realistically have it by default.
    Or maybe a FFB button or something that auto-removes power steering on all vehicles when enabled? If it's possible to auto-enable it, it must be possible to auto-disable it. I'm not a programmer, so I honestly don't know.
    None of that is really needed, just would make the game a bit better, I think.

5. LucasBE

LucasBE
    Expand Collapse

Why not make it an option in the gameplay menu? That way it's up to the user :p

• Agree Agree x 11
  6. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

That's exactly what I was thinking. An enable FFB button in settings would be perfect, that would remove power-steering automatically.

7. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't power steering only effect wheels anyway?

8. LPerez94

LPerez94
    Expand Collapse

Why its always spawning a Hirochi SBR4 in some crawl mission in Small Island instead of Roamer.. (Freedom Mode)

#748 LPerez94, Nov 9, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2022
  9. jackmo2207

jackmo2207
    Expand Collapse

Same problem, tried multiple missions and no matter what, SBR4

• Like Like x 1
  10. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

Powersteering has zero effect without an FFB wheel...

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SmokeyDokey

SmokeyDokey
    Expand Collapse

Oh jeez, I've been lying to myself for years now then. I always though it affected the car in this game no matter the steering device used, wow.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

IKR?! I put it on most of my configs, thinking it made them easier to drive on normal roads, because that’s what i usually do, but I’m still putting them in because, well, you’ll have to read the spoiler to find out!
    for realism :rolleyes:
    --- Post updated ---

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Besquef

Besquef
    Expand Collapse

I tested the power steering with my steering wheel I find that the feeling ffb are quite good and I find the driving much more realistic.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Engine Error

Engine Error
    Expand Collapse

sooo i am need a new video card
    what are the minimum requirements to play on ultras
    what video card?

15. Jackets64

Jackets64
    Expand Collapse

I’d say a GTX 1660 Super/Ti should be able to do 1080p ultra, albeit maybe not at a consistent 60FPS. If you want that, go for a 2060 or an AMD card that’s roughly equivalent, which I’d actually recommend because AMD stuff is cheaper and eventually Beam will use the Vulkan renderer over DX12, which AMD typically likes better.

16. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

Depends on a couple factors, such as resolution of the monitor and the country you're in (as the price of gpus can be quite locally based)

1080p, any 10 series card will be great.
    1440p, I had a 1070 for quite a while and while it was more than adequate, due to its age I'd recommend looking at the 3000 series, such as the 3060 ti, which can be had for 350-450 USD new, or, if you're willing to go used, the 3070 can be had for roughly the same price if not less on places such as marketplace.

Also make sure to not bottleneck your gpu with your cpu :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. MegaBytesMe

MegaBytesMe
    Expand Collapse

upload_2022-11-15_12-55-54.png

I am experiencing a text rendering bug that affects certain UI elements on the latest update 0.26. You can see in the picture that the text appears to be really small, however in other elements it is perfectly fine.

I did not not have this issue on version 0.24. This is running in x64 emulation mode, as the game is running on a Surface Pro X SQ1 (although I can verify that text renders properly in all UI elements on 0.24). If it helps, my display scaling in Windows is set to 200%, with a native screen res of 2880x1920. The game is also running at this resolution. Happy to provide any logs if wanted. Thanks

18. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

Just noticed one of the patches updated the specs on the H-series Vantastic (instead of the engine):
    upload_2022-11-16_12-47-44.png
    New slowest vanilla config to 60? It's 5 seconds worse then the base model DT40L :D

19. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

It’s also def faster than 68mph

20. Covalence

Covalence
    Expand Collapse

It used to be, but when the H-series was remastered it was given the 4.1l I6 (with specs for the 6.9l V8 it's supposed to have) and forgotten about until now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice