1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.32 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

Please check in Safe Mode before reporting any issue!

This will ensure that you are reporting actual issues with the game, and not the ones caused by outdated or corrupt mods. Thanks!

Please share your feedback on the latest update, we would love to hear your thoughts!

Keep non-contributing discussions to a minimum :)

All release notes for version 0.32 can be found here: https://beamng.com/game/news/version/0.32/

Useful Links

Please complete all of these instructions before reporting any issues to prevent reports related to corrupt mods & installs.

Known Issues

Up-to-date list is here

• Like Like x 15
  2. Adrijus7

Adrijus7
    Expand Collapse

when are rope props coming to the game?

3. zip_kiev

zip_kiev
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but it is the worst update!!! What do you do so much time? Why you spend time for vehicle remastering? This can be done by moders. We need normal effects(VFX), wheel thermals, body wearing (dents, scratches, got dirty) and character inside vehicle. Not real, just dummy is good (for pg13 rating) and change car parts without vehicle repair (beam structure rebuild). You work on map, but it is not interactive!!! When we get physical objects in worlds, that can be destroyed with car? Also, no new vehicle class (with trucks), just "ubishu remastering" (I even didn't see different new/old). It's very sad, I wait 5 months for this update, very disappointed... My friend also agreed with me, so you can multiply feedback on two.

Oh, maybe in 2025 we get something new?

• Like Like x 11
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. beamn driver

beamn driver
    Expand Collapse

it should be understood that most of these functions will have a very strong impact on optimization, and some are simply implementable.Like the tsarpins, for example.This engine will not allow them to be made in normal quality, the objects being destroyed will have a very strong effect on FPS.

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Like Like x 1
  5. vulcan-dev

vulcan-dev
    Expand Collapse

It might not seem like a lot, but a lot goes into it. For example the new UI for Career Mode, that's now using Vue. It might sound simple to "just change", but it's really not. And even though changes like that seem useless to some people, it helps the game a lot in the future. It's easier to work with, and it's probably faster (there's no reason why they would change to Vue if it was slow).

And regarding thermals and some of the other stuff you want, we will probably get them eventually. Also, you talk about being able to scratch your vehicle and stuff, we all want that. Once the Vulkan backend is stable and works well for everyone, we will see that. Or we could even see it before that, but it's better if they dedicate more resources on Vulkan.

In short, they are working hard and are trying to make everyone happy, but they obviously can't do that since everyone wants different things. But a lot goes into every update, even if it doesn't have what you want. Just be mindful that the developers are also people and deserve some respect

• Agree Agree x 18
    • Like Like x 6
  6. barahag

barahag
    Expand Collapse

Yes, I agree, been waiting so long for this update, but in fact nothing new. I'd even say a few good mods would bring a lot more to the game than this update.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Turbo49>

Turbo49>
    Expand Collapse

No mod could have added improved ffb, the dozens of new jbeam and lua stuff, the improved drifting score calculation, or the new air suspension for the t series

• Agree Agree x 19
    • Like Like x 2
  8. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Excuse me but my 4 GB VRAM and 16GB RAM system probably couldn't handle this VFX and destroyable object. try the Austrian Village mod, it is fully interactive, see how much your PC likes it. I only get 40 FPS in WCUSA default spawn (as of 0.31). Also, they have tried to save damage but they either failed or it is too difficult to be implemented. And before you say implement it, consider that it may take a long time without working on anything else.
    --- Post updated ---
    Next time read the patch notes @barahag.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. wgirard4

wgirard4
    Expand Collapse

dude get a job, you're too young to be crying about what you want, you can't even put into perspective what it takes to get it. read the wiki and sponge all the info and make the mods yourself if its that important to you they might hire u if you're actually talented. team is not big at all and they are already pressuring themselves to put these out asap im sure. been lurking around and playing this game for so long and it's come so far because of the constructive feedback and the positive community, not this.

• Like Like x 20
    • Agree Agree x 8
  10. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

My AMD 4GB VRAM system struggles with Vulkan, I get 40 FPS at default spawn on WCUSA normally (As of 0.31) and 15 FPS using Vulcan. So this is a LONG time off, for it to be effectively used for lower-end systems.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. CarCrasher283

CarCrasher283
    Expand Collapse

I'm trying out the new ui so that im familiar with it whenever its fully implemented, but i cant actually change anything on the 200bx that i'm using. None of the changes i make to the car do anything. it stays to what i had it before when i was using the old ui

12. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

I like the mirror tuning! Now I can make my beater configs even "beatier".

13. wgirard4

wgirard4
    Expand Collapse

I think it very much depends on the generation of GPU you have because my 6800xt greatly benefits from Vulkan but I've heard of people using other gens or nvidia gpus that had the opposite of a performance boost

14. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

My setup is rather low-end and made from older equipment. It's an AMD Ryzen 5 5500 CPU and Radeon RX 570 series (D3D11) GPU with 4074 MB VRAM and 16 GB of RAM.

Just looked it up, the GPU is 6 years old and the CPU is 2 years old.

15. barahag

barahag
    Expand Collapse

Of course not, it is logical that we are not talking about the technical part, but filling the game with various content such as cars, a new part of the map WC USA or a new map for the same trucks, for example. They are being worked on, but the fact is that there is simply no place to drive them. In general, there is a lot of things the community asks for, even beyond scratches and things like that, but it is still not in the game.

And yes, I'm really happy that the developers are working on the game, but I, as an end user, am interested in the final product, not the new air suspension on the Gavril T Series

16. nagynorbi

nagynorbi
    Expand Collapse

Appreciate the effort and your work, thank you for the big update!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  17. vulcan-dev

vulcan-dev
    Expand Collapse

For me, I usually get an extra 40 frames using it. I was using it in career mode just then, and I'm at 90-100FPS with traffic. That's a first..
    However, after a few minutes, it starts dying and becomes unplayable, so sadly that issue is still there.

18. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Heck, even a "Great Planes USA" Map with a good and long highway and a couple of towns or factories would be good for semi trucks. Or maybe even a Mid west USA map, that would be good for a highway-focused map! It is beautiful depending on where you are out there.
    --- Post updated ---
    Agreed

• Like Like x 1
  19. LegThePeg Official

LegThePeg Official
    Expand Collapse

Plains

• Like Like x 1
  20. delouisiano

delouisiano
    Expand Collapse

Great update, cant wait to test it !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice