1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.32 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Apr 16, 2024.

1. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

Kinda hard to show through a screenshot, but the BX is missing an interior windshield mesh.
    There's the outer mesh, the broken glass mesh, but no inner one.
    Screenshot13.png

The backsides of the front signals in the bumper are also missing, and so far as I have seen the Covet also has this issue.
    screenshot_2024-05-07_01-13-30.png screenshot_2024-05-07_01-13-42.png screenshot_2024-05-07_01-13-52.png

• Like Like x 7
  2. GEKA

GEKA
    Expand Collapse

upload_2024-5-8_19-0-41.png
    if the tanks are filled with any liquid in the trailer configuration, then the license plate will behave strangely.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Riley8425

Riley8425
    Expand Collapse

Hey just something I noticed playing career mode was that if you have 2 of the same cars, the parts are not interchangeable between the two, which I feel like they should be able to. For example, I had a 200bx that came with a gtz turbo that I upgraded and later bought another 200bx that I figured I would use it on and it wasn't able to be equipped.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. ARES IV

ARES IV
    Expand Collapse

BUG / ISSUE REPORT

Tested in safe mode. All Videos made in safe mode and not listed.

Landsdale Tow Hitch is made from rubber when you attach a 2100 kg wood plank enclosed trailer to it:

It is perfectly reasonable that the vehicles suspension struggles with a trailer of this mass but the tow hitch itself certainly should not be wobbling like that. ;) It is particular visible when braking.
    Suggestion: Please take a look at the tow hitch itself and the way the tow hitch is attached to the vehicle. Much smaller and lighter vehicles have the tow hitch attached to their chassis in a sufficient durable way to handle even this very heavy trailer.

The Hoppers Tow Hitch also has a bit much rubber feeling on it:

It isnt as bad as on the Landsdale but if you could take a look at it sometimes ;-)

Same for the Sunburst:

It isnt horrible but it may justify a closer look.

The Tow hitch on the Stambecco is perfectly fine, but its spare wheel collides with the jockey wheel on some trailers:

Suggestion: Move the tow hitchs contact point rearwards (by making the tow hitch slightly longer) to avoid this issue. An alternative if less desireable option would be to change the Stambecco configurations in questions because right now having a spare wheel and carrying certain trailers is simple not compatible.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. SpaceGood

SpaceGood
    Expand Collapse

Some Minor Bug Reports:

A small issue regarding the Engine Damage App since 0.30. The coolant and oil icon does not display correctly when the coolant or oil overheats.
    Screenshot2544.png

To save the devs time, the issue is that when you changed the code of the damage map for the overheating, you did not change it in the engine damage app code. Just go into BeamNG.drive\ui\modules\apps\DamageAppEngine\app.js and change coolantHot to coolantOverheating, oilHot to oilOverheating, and oilStarvation to starvedOfOil
    Screenshot2546.png

Also, while figuring out the issue, I noticed there are some inconsistencies with the overheating messages in the engine thermals lua. For example, all the overheating messages show up in the messages app, and in the simple vehicle damage app, expect for the Head gasket and Radiator damaged message, which do not show up in the messages app.

This is probably something overlooked, but to save the devs time, go into BeamNG.drive\lua\vehicle\powertrain\combustionEngineThermals.lua and next to the code for the head gasket message, type 'true' next to the first one, just like the rest of the messages. Also, do the same thing with the Engine block melted code as well. Same thing with the radiator code, which is further down and just add the word true beside the first one.
    Screenshot2547.png Screenshot2548.png

It's a small issue, but it makes the messages way more consistent. It is a 2 minute fix that can hopefully be fixed for the next hotfix.
    Screenshot2551.png Screenshot2552.png Screenshot2554.png

• Like Like x 9
  6. SemKill

SemKill
    Expand Collapse

I had this same problem when I bought 2 H-Series

7. ArkFz

ArkFz
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone ever met the Powertrain Torque Reduction bug?
    How this bug happens:
    1. Init a new vehicle.
    2. Make a powertrain tree's final outputAV is 0 (e.g. Vehicle is stuck). Now the engine's outputTorque is T1.
    3. Press R to reset.
    4. Do Step 2 again. Now the engine's outputTorque is T2. You will find that T2 < T1.
    Press Ctrl+R or restart the game. Do Step 2 again. Now the engine's outputTorque is back to T1 again.
    This bug has shown up since 0.31 or even earlier version.

8. Dieter Huysamen

Dieter Huysamen
    Expand Collapse

that's interesting

9. AquaCookie

AquaCookie
    Expand Collapse

(SOLVED)So if any one is having troubles with no audio i think i have a fix
    1. Go to your windows settings *make sure beamng is running"
    2. Press "System"
    3. Go to "Sound" *2nd tab*
    4. Scroll to the bottom and click "App volume and device preferences"
    5. First check if BeamNG.Drives output is wrong, and if so? just set it to the right output
    6. If Beamng is not there scroll the the bottom and click "Reset"
    7. Check if there is sound and if so Your welcome

10. Franz027

Franz027
    Expand Collapse

I need to report a problem:

When I use mirror adjustment option, and I try to move mirrors, they remain fixed in one position, they don't even change
    How can I solve this?

11. Chat's7

Chat's7
    Expand Collapse

Hi !

A bug I found: Just hang the front of the ETK I, turn fully right, or left, the steering remains locked. But if you put the vehicle back down, everything goes back to normal

Attached Files:

• 20240511214658_1.jpg
    • 20240511214656_1.jpg
    • Agree Agree x 2
  12. AlexKidd71

AlexKidd71
    Expand Collapse

I have the same problem. After almost every update I have to put out the lawn mower. But this update is extreme. I have a scale higher than 1 and it is really strange. At least only on one axis I think. Should I mow or should I wait :)
    upload_2024-5-11_22-6-29.png

In ETK Driver Training appears the same problem:
    upload_2024-5-11_22-30-39.png

#632 AlexKidd71, May 11, 2024
    Last edited: May 12, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

There’s this bug where the game pauses and switches the camera angle whenever I touch my wheel, it only happens sometimes but it’s really annoying and just ruined my career mode delivery.

14. Steave95

Steave95
    Expand Collapse

#literally unplayable

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blenux

Blenux
    Expand Collapse

Some things I've notice with the bx pro drift,

• Like Like x 1
  16. nawa

nawa
    Expand Collapse

Have to say I'm enjoying the crash cam far more than I expected. It changes the crashes from being annoying to at least sometimes entertaining, the automatic slow motion and good camera angles help with that.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. SemKill

SemKill
    Expand Collapse

damn thats horrible hahahaha

18. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

I have an issue with the logs. if you make them all as big as they possibly can, they start glitching out of the ropes that hold them on the logging trailer, and the T-series logging upfit. This is annoying for those of use that want to use the logs for load testing.

19. KenKen911

KenKen911
    Expand Collapse

There is a very annoying bug or error that occurred at some point. I don't know if it's 0.29 or 0.30.
    When a mod I am using is updated from the repo, I download it using 'Download Now' and put it in the mod folder.

However, at some point, if Steam is turned on when downloading a mod from a repo,
    the game considers that you have pressed the 'Subscribe' button, creates a repo folder in the mod folder, and starts downloading mod again.
    Naturally, the mod will not install correctly and will cause serious errors in the game, making it unplayable.

There are many cases where I ignore the latest version that I installed correctly and receive an older version, and even if the latest version is installed, the installed mod does not load properly.
    Even if you look at the mod manager in-game, the mode is not subscribed, so you cannot press the unsubscribe button.
    If this happens, delete the repo folder in the mod folder along with the mod, manually download and install a new mod, disconnect from the Internet, deep clean cache, and then run the game.
    Finally game will recognize that the mod is not subscribed to. and does not attempt to download.

To prevent this from happening, you must download the mod without running Steam once after booting your computer.
    That way, you can install the mod normally and prevent unsubscribed mods from being considered subscribed.
    This is very annoying and frustrating... :(:(:(

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. MarcDoesRacing

MarcDoesRacing
    Expand Collapse

#literallyunplayable
    #literallyunplayable
    Screenshot2024-05-14201729.png

• Agree Agree x 4
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice