1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.32 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Leeloo, Apr 16, 2024.

1. Vantello

Vantello
    Expand Collapse

Traffic Sunburst Sport Bumper doesn't have foglight glass or foglight support, just the foglight. upload_2024-5-16_14-0-19.png

2. The_Bandit01

The_Bandit01
    Expand Collapse

d-series suspension problem. whenever i put lifted, offroad, or heavy duty suspension on the d series it pulls to the left. cant fix in safe mode, cache cleaning, or anything.

3. Koichiro Iketani

Koichiro Iketani
    Expand Collapse

I believe you have to trim the steering in the tuning menu

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The_Bandit01

The_Bandit01
    Expand Collapse

thank you sorry i forgot

5. Blenux

Blenux
    Expand Collapse

Also, another thing I notice while watching Slaptrain play the West Coast USA map, this area punctures the tires,

The model in question is canal_batchingplant.dae, it's colmesh_1 has some open edges that are protruding through itself, causing them to puncture the tyres, just need to move them down slightly.

(Just showing with canal_batchingplant2.dae I quickly exported with colmesh_1 fixed)

Higher Quality Video Link

• Like Like x 5
  6. r_fostoria

r_fostoria
    Expand Collapse

Believe I found another bug here, the ductwork for the radiator of the MR Turbo Covet is half missing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. WeenyBeany

WeenyBeany
    Expand Collapse

Double Swing Gate prop appears dark while the regular gate is normal
    (Deep cleaned cache, disabled all mods, safe mode etc.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. emery1212

emery1212
    Expand Collapse

Still awaiting a response as to whether this is intentional or not. We have nearly 1,000 miles of roads in current and upcoming projects that will need reworked if this behavior is intentional. No mention of this in the .32 changelog. No mention of this in the "Known Issues" page. We would REALLY appreciate this issue being acknowledged in some form by BeamNG staff. Thank You.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  9. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

Noticable on italy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

screenshot_2024-05-20_18-09-33.png screenshot_2024-05-20_18-14-42.png screenshot_2024-05-20_18-16-37.png
    Offset groundcover is also an issue on many of the base-game maps, I don't think it was an intended change (Hirochi Raceway, Automation Test Centre, and East Coast for example).
    However, West Coast USA (their one true baby when it comes to maps) does not have this issue so far as I can tell.

In my experience, getting something onto the "Known Issues" list is next to impossible.
    All of the issues I have reported in regards to the BX and the Covet (as small as they are) haven't been either added to the list, silently fixed, or at the very least acknowledged.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  11. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they're ignoring them because of their smallnes.

12. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

Maybe they're ignoring them because I don't put "#literallyunplayable" and make a meme out of it like all of the very small typos that keep getting reported.
    I get it, typos are easier to fix, but just a small amount of "we are aware of the blatant quality issues now because you reported them" would be great.

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Like Like x 1
  13. AlexKidd71

AlexKidd71
    Expand Collapse

I made a thread in the bug forum. Perhaps someone can bump it.

14. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

I could have made a joke, but I won't.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

I think you're asking for too much.

• Like Like x 1
  16. EUDM fanboy

EUDM fanboy
    Expand Collapse

Maybe.

17. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

I don't think I am, I would just like some form of acknowledgement from at least one BeamNG staff member and maybe a little clarification as to why there are so many issues with the meshes of these (possibly outsourced) models. I'm making perfectly reasonable observations and pointing them out in the vain hope that they'll be seen and eventually fixed because in my opinion they singlehandedly drag the quality of the game down by a fair amount.

Please tell me where the line of "asking too much" is so that I may scale back my bug reports and ask for "just enough". I'm sure a game that is fixed "just enough" will be very enjoyable :)

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. ghost_cauli

ghost_cauli
    Expand Collapse

The line is precisely at the beginning of your bug report, lol.

If it's something about the engine, maps, or less frequently vehicle functions, they may take a look at it when it's severe enough. If it's something regarding vehicle models or textures, it's marked as non-issue/won't fix the moment anyone acknowledges it (provided they actually read those). It's been like that ever since they started (allegedly) outsourcing models.

I don't even care to really notice those issues anymore – even in the stuff I work on, like the bumpers on my BX – because I know that devs can't care less about those tiny little mistakes there, so why should I? And I'd love to be proven otherwise.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Musicman27

Musicman27
    Expand Collapse

Once I notice an issue I either forget immediately, or it haunts me till it's gone.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. BrynCoops

BrynCoops
    Expand Collapse

I will admit, I also use the same thought process and it makes me feel better about my own work when is isn't perfect - it's just "on par with what the developers did" which is fantastic because it means I can be horribly lazy in some areas and it still fits with the base game assets.

But, I also have this overwhelming urge to just jump in and fix all of the little mesh and UV issues myself, because I know I totally can and I'll do a solid job despite how amateur I consider myself. I literally want BeamNG to hire me - completely free even, I will volunteer if that's what it takes - just so I can do exactly that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice