1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

    Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

    Dismiss Notice

0.39 Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fluffy Panda, Jul 29, 2026.

  1. r3eckon

    r3eckon
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 15, 2013
    Messages:
    749
    Not sure how old this problem is since I've never used the feature till now but apparently the volume parameter of the "Play Sound" flowgraph node has no effect on certain sfx. The problem isn't in the node itself but actually comes from the command it uses to play sounds Engine.Audio.playOnce which when used in console with the same sfx has the same result of not caring about the volume parameter.

    For example, event:>UI>Career>Fueling_Petrol plays at the same volume regardless of the volume parameter. I've tested event:>UI>Missions>Countdown_01 and this one works fine. The .ogg file I put in the userfolder also respects the volume value I use so I'm guessing this only affects certain sfx events that come from fmod banks. I thought this might only affect infinitely looping sounds but event:>Ambient>Wind>Wind_Tropical works as intended. Then I found another sound very similar to the one that bugs which is event:>UI>Career>Counting_VarySpeed and this one is also bugged. But then event:>UI>Career>Drift_Counting is also another infinitely looping sound similar to the other two and this one works fine. So does event:>UI>Career>EndScreen_Counting_Money.

    So long story short I can't really identify anything that links all the sfx that ignore the volume parameter. Maybe it's just certain infinitely looping ones but I can't be sure as I didn't test all of them. I could have kept going through the list but I think that's enough information. I'm assuming this is a bug but if it's intended behavior for certain sfx to play at the same volume no matter what hopefully this can be changed, because when I'm playing sfx manually I'd expect to be able to control the volume at which it plays at least up to the master volume setting.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  2. alxti

    alxti
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 7, 2024
    Messages:
    11
    It has been a full month since 0.39 released and its still completely unplayable and riddled with major bugs. I have already done every single possible troubleshooting step and nothing has fixed these issues, and support has been no help over this month either.
    On all maps, in safe mode, after a full clean install, on up-to-date drivers, windows, bios, etc., my performance is half of what it was on 0.38.6 with ultra graphics and CK skybox. To get comparable performance, I have to go to lowest settings, and even then i'm still barely hitting an average of 60-80 fps, with jumps from 20fps to 200fps, even on small grid pure. Performance graph detects a GPU bottleneck in this scenario even though at lowest graphics its only at 60-80% usage with 6/16gb vram used. With comparable graphics settings to 0.38.6 ultra + ck skybox (normal with minimal dynamic reflections on, with dynamic mirrors off), i get an average of 30-40 fps and the performance graph detects a CPU and GameEngine bottleneck, even though no code is above 50% usage and overall cpu usage is below 10%.

    Aside from the performance issues, the gauge cluster on the ETK800 is still broken (digital part overlaps analog gauges), the auto exposure still flashbangs you often (especially if the camera ever goes underwater) and is still very poorly tuned, clouds have weird ghosting/flickering/repeated cloud layers which become noticeable at any kind of altitude, the BX-series driftgear suspension now feels extremely bad on controller due to the jbeam changes for wheel users, lights/bloom are blown out at night, all ETKs lack caster and SAI readouts, repository UI is completely jumbled and overlaps itself, telemetry tab for the vehicle config menu does the same, HUD Apps at the bottom of the screen become un-editable, some HUD apps do not lock in place when you resize them, UI instantly scrolls to the top after any changes to a vehicle (parts menu and tuning menu), and same with the options menu. Sometimes pressing escape to get out of the options menu does nothing and you have to navigate back through by hand, there is no way to get to the main menu, Bruckell Bastion is still missing 7 coil packs on both v8s, ardente frisson has the wrong front sway bar and the ardente in general is pretty poorly tuned, options in the vehicle config menu (like live updates for parts and tuning, toggles for aux content, sorting lists, etc.) sometimes untoggle themselves, ETK800 rear suspension still toes out on throttle/compression, some textures on maps go completely black when using the vulkan renderer, etc.

    I know I am not the only one experiencing all these issues, and half of these issues have already been solved by the modding community. How come modders are now responsible for fixing base game bugs? I hope you understand my frustration since this game has gone from being perfectly playable to complete suffering and it has been an entire month with none of these massive issues addressed.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. zip_kiev

    zip_kiev
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2013
    Messages:
    36
    Run DLSS 5 on beamNG 0.39 looks really good!! 5070TI, 1080p, DX12

    What you think?
     
    • Like Like x 2
  4. mimolli

    mimolli
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jan 27, 2025
    Messages:
    1,020
    Opel Astra J mentioned
     
  5. DaveBro

    DaveBro
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2024
    Messages:
    1,212
    Why does this look so good? I thought DLSS 5 with BeamNG would look not too good considering DLSS 5 using AI, but this surprisingly doesn’t look bad at all!
     
  6. beamn driver

    beamn driver
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 22, 2021
    Messages:
    559
    The image in the right mirror in many cars, except for: ibishu bx, cherrier ardente, gavril t series, gavril md series, bruckell nine, does not look realistic compared to the image in the left mirror. It has a much larger viewing radius than the left mirror; in some cars (etk 800, etk i, pessima mk1, bastion, etk k, hirochi sunburt, sbr4), the body reflection appears to be rounded or distorted. Why can’t we make the image in the right mirror the same as in the left one?
    --- Post updated ---
    Yes, I know that in American cars, the viewing range in the left mirror is smaller than in the right one, but in the game, not all cars are American, and the viewing range in the right mirror isn’t as large as it is in the game.
    --- Post updated ---
    Using ibishu covet as an example, I’ll show you what it should look like: on the left is what it looks like in the game right now, and on the right is what it should normally look like. (I installed the right‑hand mirror from the right‑hand drive version.) The distance to the car from the rear is the same
    --- Post updated ---
    Also, we still can’t turn on the hazard lights when the ignition is off, nor the low‑beam headlights.
     

    Attached Files:

    • 1310704-e4fcbbceb0a61216e15e53dec295c560.png
    • 1310705-e5d3a44830b45631bdbb8173ee8af4fa.png
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Cookiehead

    Cookiehead
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 20, 2023
    Messages:
    529
    The reason why it seems these bugs aren't being fixed is because basically no one can really reproduce the issues you're having consistently. It is really weird how (from what I've read and seen) you're the only one having these issues despite all you've done.

    atp just use 0.38.6 ig
     
    • Like Like x 1
  8. zip_kiev

    zip_kiev
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Aug 5, 2013
    Messages:
    36
    do another video with dlss5


    I’ve already made a one-click mod for STALKER 2 and tested it — it works perfectly for me. I’d also like to try making something similar for BeamNG, using Vortex Mod Manager because of how simple it makes installing, enabling/disabling, and managing mods — basically making it work more like a regular BeamNG Repository mod, if anyone is interested.

    Can someone point me to a good thread(here on forum) or discussion about this kind of mod? It’s not really a repository-type mod, so I’m not sure where would be the best place to discuss it.

    PS cant wait normal DLSS realization (with worked AA) from dev's. With DLSS5 it will be very bountiful game.
     
    #1248 zip_kiev, Aug 31, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2026
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Lichi

    Lichi
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2021
    Messages:
    1,711
    upload_2026-8-30_14-24-8.png
    im pretty sure that is intentional

    also i believe repo is getting an overhaul soon so thats why they didnt update the ui this update and thats why its a bit buggy
     
    • Agree Agree x 3
  10. The Stig Is A Spy

    The Stig Is A Spy
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2018
    Messages:
    327
    Even the bit on the left (bottom right of the speedo)?
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,665
    It's not really possible to compare 0.38 and 0.39 like this, the lighting was completely reworked. What you are describing is definitely weird, jumps between 20 and 200 fps. Are your GPU drivers up to date? Does your PC meet minimum specs?

    As the others have said it's intentional, even that sticking out bit, the intention is that there is a rectangular digital screen behind the gauge face, as that shape is cheap to manufacture
    a.png

    That requires a lot of work to fix, which is why it wasn't included in hotfixes yet. The issue is the ambient lighting not updating in real time, so we had to use some temporary hacks to change it in certain spots, like water level and tunnel entrances, which in some situations can unfortunately flashbang you. We tried to minimize this by setting up the spots precisely but there probably are a few we missed.

    Repeating is for optimization. The other issues we just didn't have time to fix yet, they were considered lower priority as we don't have an easy way on vanilla maps to reach that high of altitude with vehicles

    What exactly feels "extremely bad"? We didn't notice any issues

    Night lighting is WIP, we don't have light pollution yet, this isn't something we can just fix in a hotfix

    Intentional because the readouts were straight up completely wrong when they were there and it's not really possible to get accurate ones with this suspension geometry with how the Jbeam is built

    We are not touching that stuff until we get the new repository, redone from scratch. The repo runs on an ancient system and any tiny change to anything can break lots of other things randomly. This is also why forum is more and more broken as time goes...

    That's a thing we just added in a hotfix and we didn't have time to polish it yet

    We didn't experience these issues on our end, can you record a video?

    How did that bug sneak in the update... When I tested hours before the hotfix specifically if it's fixed, it wasn't happening... Regardless, for next update it will be fixed, it doesn't happen internally, only on public version

    I have never had that issue. Do you know any repro steps?

    Bastion has many more issues. We will work through them eventually

    How is it purely tuned and how do you know the sway bar is wrong and not just intentionally different from the Vivace equivalent?

    I also hate that but as far as I understand it's not fixable at the moment, it happens when the game changes settings for you, for example switching between 2 different game versions

    That's just how the geometry works, it's based on a scan so the irl equivalent must also do this, unless you have proof that the scan is incorrect

    Known issue with certain GPUs and unfortunately there is nothing we can do at the moment to fix it

    They aren't and I would advise against using those mods as a lot of the time the modder either has no idea what they are doing or uses AI without checking the code which tanks the game's performance, no offense to any modders, I know there are a lot of good ones who make amazing mods, but anyone can see the situation on the repository right now with the flood of low effort AI mods...
     
    • Like Like x 14
  12. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

    NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    1,485
    I'm wondering what could cause those issues too because even as the resident 1060 Warrior, my issues don't seem to be quite that bad. What I have noticed is that 1. a lot of graphics settings make very little difference to me in terms of FPS; I can tweak settings all day and gain maybe 4-6 FPS, the only thing that makes a major difference is to give up major elements like dynamic reflections that I used to run just fine, and 2. the worst framerate issues seem related to either the new lighting system or the density of buildings (like I said before, Italy runs better with multiple cars than WCUSA does with one now, although I may still have performance issues in the Norte area - have to check more.)
     
  13. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,665
    Some performance issues seem to be mostly tied to the amount of shadows. For example East Coast seems to run worse than West Coast in 0.39, and it was the opposite in 0.38, because East Coast has a lot of trees which are very complicated geometry compared to city stuff like buildings and poles and all, and every single tree casts a shadow. You are right that it's related to the density of objects.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

    NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Mar 6, 2015
    Messages:
    1,485
    So I probably need to turn off extended shadows. Hard darling for an accuracy obsessive like me to kill
     
  15. Lichi

    Lichi
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2021
    Messages:
    1,711
    is there any plans to do something about it?? It's fucking crazy that some days literally half of the first repo page ingame is just ai slop
     
    • Agree Agree x 5
  16. comm-ander

    comm-ander
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 26, 2015
    Messages:
    45
    You realize it's been like that and not fixed for over 3 YEARS !!!
     
    #1256 comm-ander, Aug 31, 2026
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2026
  17. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,665
    Why would we fix it if it's not a bug
     
  18. Agent_Y

    Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2020
    Messages:
    10,665
    Even if we added a rule to not use AI in mods, 99.9% of modders don't read rules at all...
     
  19. Lichi

    Lichi
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Apr 4, 2021
    Messages:
    1,711
    but then you can take action against the mods that are vibecoded slop if someone reports them
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. VxPikasaturn96783

    VxPikasaturn96783
    Expand Collapse

    Joined:
    Jun 6, 2026
    Messages:
    12
    honestly I hate the new sky box and rendering crap it lags the game pretty bad if you have a 800$ Gaming laptop and also on some modded maps its completely black
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice