1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.1.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.1.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Garebear

Garebear
    Expand Collapse

Has anyone else been having the problem of the glass in the cars stretching? It's all of the cars, not just the semi. It also does it on start-up and gets worse when crashing, but as soon as a vehicle loads, this stretch occurs that I can't quite figure out on my own. It sometimes stretches the tires as well.

Attached Files:

• stretch.png
  2. Wheelie

Wheelie
    Expand Collapse

Happened to me as well, similar circumstances IIRC, couldn't replicate.

#102 Wheelie, Aug 6, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2015
  3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

This should already be possible for all axis bindings (i.e. anything that is not buttons or keys), in fact the default configuration for XBox gamepads already includes a deadzone that should fit most controlller units out there. Please let me know if that's not working for you.

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

So I opened up my map Forest Hills and have noticed a couple of things that have been amplified since the latest
    update. I'm figuring these issues are DX11 related.

First, ever since using World Machine heightmaps in Torque I have noticed "banding" at the furthest level of detail.
    Before the latest update this was a minor annoyance and could be covered up or hidden easily.

With 0.4.1.0 the banding has increased significantly in contrast and seems to be even worse with the groundcover
    material on top of it. It can also be seen through foliage more. The screen below doesn't show it well for some reason
    but it's there going from lower right to upper left.

Screenshot (6).jpg

Another issue that is less concerning is the color translation from a World Machine macro to Torque with DX11 has changed the
    color from a very flat yellow to a bright light green.

screenshot_00047.jpg

Any other WM users seeing these conditions? Can heightmaps or macros be run through something to stop the
    banding?

5. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Hey, I was playing Beam while updating my D series mod, I pressed ctrl R and the game crashed. The game wouldn't quit using task manager. I saved the blender file I worked on and tried shutting down my laptop, eventually 'the hard way' by resetting it.
    Started my laptop again, blender file is corrupt ( :( ), beam directly updates and now using 0.4.1.1 I can just hear the engine idling just before the game quits itself every time I try. I've send an error report each time.

Any guesses?

6. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

What's you GPU/CPU ?
    Try reinstalling the game if the usual (cleaning cache etc.) doesn't help, it's not happening to me.

7. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

Found a small problem with the Pessima.

The 2.7 V6 Automatic model has the basic hubcaps instead of the rims or whatever they are.

8. defib

defib
    Expand Collapse

Emergency flashers has double image on it in the pessima for me. Also, LCD clock is a little messy, unless that's supposed to happen because of viewing angles.

(imported from here)

Also, is the radio Candle in the Wind? such a gloomy song :(

9. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

found a bug (introduced in 4.1.0 and is there in 4.1.1 too):

the status symbol for the headlights in the speedometer app (standard tacho 2) is invisible as long as you enable the headlights the first time. after that its always there and works as it should.

this happens always when you load a new scenario or a new map.

10. stephen f

stephen f
    Expand Collapse

Can't start the game now, after the "checking integrity" screen disappears I get a message that tells me that beamng crashed. worked fine before the update and now I can't play it at all. I'm on windows 10 btw.

11. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Core 2 Duo T9600 2.8 GHz, Nvidia Quadro FX 770M (512MB), 32 Bits Vista. It looks like it runs out of memory... It hasn't the recommended specs, but I was always able to play the game. Although I had quite a large FPS drop after 0.4.1.0.

I've reinstalled the program and removed all cache, settings etc. All other programs are closed. No difference. :(

12. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

Your GPU only supports DX10, that's probably why the FPS dropped just after the DX11 update.
    From what it looks like, you'll have to buy a new laptop/desktop to enjoy the game again.
    Although, maybe you're lucky and the devs will add back a optional DX9 version.

13. gavril lover

gavril lover
    Expand Collapse

When the game just updated, it started at the lowest resolution for some reason. I had to adjust it back myself.

14. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

And FPS didn't increase. Fix it please.
    I'm on 0.4.0.5 now.

15. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

What's your GPU?

16. FilsFilms

FilsFilms
    Expand Collapse

GTX660/I5-4690k at 4.6mhz.
    For example, 1-st screenshot is 0405 version. See? Lost 10FPS due to puush, so 40 FPS.
    inE2Ygr.png

And 2-nd is latest. 0411. Same cars.
    There I used PrntScreen. So, nwm. 6-11FPS due to police lights.
    Screenshot_1.png

17. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

No big deal but when you pick the 2.7 LX V6 Pessima it loads the wrong rims.
    beam pessima.PNG

18. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

Wow...time to put that old warhorse to rest. It's been so good to us but time to put it in a glass case.:p

19. Bertramus

Bertramus
    Expand Collapse

0.4.1.1 has fixed my frame rate problems and it runs better than pre-dx11 versions. Thanks guys!

20. bonami2

bonami2
    Expand Collapse

Wtf is wrong everyone is having problem

and im here at 5760x1080 with crossfire 7950 getting 90-100% scaling with a big smile :eek: Almost maxed out at 60 fps vsync

Great job everyone who work on the game :D

Still i have one bug but i send a pm to tdev.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice