1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.1.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.1.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

To narrow my problem down, it seems that the "Lighting Quality" setting is the cause for the huge FPS drop on my system:

dx11problem.jpg

Lighting Quality set to lowest, 44.7 FPS
    Lighting Quality set to low or high (doesn't makes a difference), 18.6 FPS

That's a 26 FPS difference just for changing that setting alone, the rest of the graphic settings only change 1 or 3 fps as much.

On 4.0.5 (DX9):

Lighting Quality set to high: 39 FPS
    Lighting Quality set to lowest: 55 FPS

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

So the stanced Pessima seems to have no steering at all.
    I had a look at what happens when you spawn it in slow mo, and it looks like the steering belt thing (don't know what it's called, steering line maybe?) just snaps as soon as it hits the ground.
    I've tried CTRL+R respawning it to minimize the space between it and the ground when spawning, but it did absolutely nothing.

3. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Because if you look in CTRL+W the steering option has none selected. So you have to do it you're self :(

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It's supposed to have its own stanced steering with minimal lock to avoid hitting the fenders. If the part isn't there, your files are screwed up :/

5. AdR

AdR
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'd really appreciate if I get some kind of "official" response from any of the devs posting here.
    So far, my posts have been completely ignored other than getting some help from other users (thanks!), feels like screaming at a wall.

A simple "fuck you, we don't care about you", will be better than having no reply at all. At least that way I'll know they really don't give a shit and give up on BeamNG for good.
    I still have my hopes up that you guys actually care.

6. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Ok, so I have deleted my settings/cache and verified my game files but My G27's RPM LED's still don't work. I know its not a game killing bug, but they did say they got them working a couple of updates ago. Never worked for me though.
    Any one else got them working? If so how?

Cheers guys

Edit: The rally covet front suspension collapses sometimes. The wheels will be pushed up under the fenders but if you hit a bump the right way they will pop back down and work fine like nothing happened. It also torque steers to the left quite badly. Could the devs book it in for service some new struts and a wheel alignment :D

#166 jammin2222, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  7. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

I would also like to know if the problem I have in v0.4.0.6 is because of the game or an error at my side; pressing ctrl+e wont do anything except for showing the sidebar with the appropriate car sign highlighted. Pressing this button with my mouse doesn't do anything. I can press other menu options in this sidebar and the car sign will stay highlighted, like in the added printscreen. The only way of getting another car is by using the world editor.
    Not a great way of making mods...

I've also installed v0.4.0.5 from the 'backup download thread'. But at another location and I've cleaned the cache before using 0.4.0.6. Can there somehow still be some kind of problems between those two?
    0.4.0.5 works fine, but I rather use 0.4.0.6 because of the updated cars and game features. Although pressing ctrl+r resets the car entirely, removing the parts added with the parts editor, which I thought was fixed in 0.4.0.6.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00886_1920.jpg
    #167 AR162B, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  8. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

On the Hirochi Sunburst, the 3rd person camera only shows one reverse light depending on what side the camera is closer too.
    screenshot_00012.jpg screenshot_00011.jpg
    I know it's not that big of a bug, but might as well point it out :)

9. Günther

Günther
    Expand Collapse

Hi there!

After reading through your posts, I've also got a similar problem, setting the Lighting Quality to lowest solves it, but the FPS part still gets quite unstable like jumping between 80-25 FPS etc.. which = lagging/stuttering.

10. mrboojay

mrboojay
    Expand Collapse

I've also been having these performance issues on my desktop, I used to play with pretty good settings and now on the grid map with maybe 3 cars on near lowest settings I get 30FPS or lower and it lags, and having the lighting on low 2 cars is just undoable.

Also can it be made where the game knows when I have no dedicated graphics card? Playing on my laptop can be kind of annoying becaue it keeps saying there is a problem and keeps suggesting to switch to my dedicated card...but my laptop has none and the 4000HD is all this thing is ever going to have.

#170 mrboojay, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  11. Sleepyox

Sleepyox
    Expand Collapse

Why does none of my downloaded maps work? Last days, none of my maps that have worked perfectly just a few weeks ago disappeared from level selection. Cant get any maps to show up in the meny, ergo i cant play maps i want to play.

Edit: I consider my self a power user, I have been tweaking and building pc's for 10+ years. I've been writing simpel programs and always have things in order, but this, i take my hat of and bow my head, because this is all my fault.. I corrupted my own map-files, everything is fine and beamng works better then it has the last few months.. :eek:

#171 Sleepyox, Sep 9, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
  12. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice