1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.2.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.2.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Addition: The unvisible load on the transporter was not only unvisible it was simply not there. I drove the scenario again and now the transporter moves more ponderous.

Addition 2: I used to get the error with the not moving criminal in the scenario "Police Patrol" again. So it is definietly reproduceable.

New Bug: Sometimes the tachometer in the lower right corner is simply disappearing. (I cant activate it with alt + c). I have to restart the game, then it is there again.

New Bug 2: It is not possible to activate the console (pressing "strg"+"alt"+"+" (means ~) anymore. Using "^" is not possible too (german keyboard layout). Tried to change the key in the game settings to number "1", but console is still not opening. Resetted the keybindings, but that didn't fix it.

2. brianvalk

brianvalk
    Expand Collapse

the only thing i noticed is that the new t-75 long haul misses some textures or materials i dont really know but this is how is looks like
    screenshot_00062.jpg screenshot_00063.jpg

3. BallisticDK

BallisticDK
    Expand Collapse

Delete the cache folder in >documents>BeamNG.drive
    if that didn't work, delete the entire BeamNG.drive folder in documents

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Delete your cache from Documents\BeamNG.drive as well as the vehicles folder there.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Make sure you have enabled the Advanced functionality checkbox in the Options menu, otherwise several bindings won't work.

6. SirJambon

SirJambon
    Expand Collapse

The exact same part of the car drops off at the exact same point each time I play the Rally To The Port scenario, meaning I can't complete it. Is this intentional?

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

You (and anyone else having problems with Pessima parts falling off) need to delete any Pessima mods you have installed, as well as the vehicles and cache folders in Documents\BeamNG.drive. They are causing conflicts and causing things to not work correctly.

8. SirJambon

SirJambon
    Expand Collapse

I've done that and while nothing drops off the vehicle any more it still breaks at exactly the same point in the map every time I try. Here's a video of the problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpSbbgAqHY

No damage has been sustained to the car before this point on the scenario.

9. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

I think that's the exhaust breaking loose. Might be a little too easy to break.

10. SirJambon

SirJambon
    Expand Collapse

Right, just strange that no matter how I drive it always happens at the same point. I'll hold off making a proper video on that scenario for a bit and hope for a fix :)

11. Daniel_M

Daniel_M
    Expand Collapse

4.2.0 general bugs

I (maybe) found some bugs:

-Front suspension from the T75 with sleeping cab get damage, if you brake hard at high speed.
    2015-09-18_00002.jpg

-Dynamic reflections are not 100% visible on the front bumper from the T75.
    2015-09-18_00001.jpg

-At the start in scenarios, sometimes the UI speedometer vanish until you change the camera viewpoints.

-Keyboard doesnt react if you start a scenario, until you click at a random position in the HUD.

And at least sometimes the game crashes random. (Happends most of all at Hirochi Racetrack)

#51 Daniel_M, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  12. EvilSoul

EvilSoul
    Expand Collapse

SBR's headlights green icon doesn't show up. Also, not sure if this is intentional but the SBR's tacho backlight does not function.

Another strange behaviour happened when I swapped Moonhawk Stage 2 supercharged engine for a stock V8 version and accelerated. Even after stopping the car completely, tyres continued to squeak for another 5 seconds and hubcaps popped off... :p Not anything game breaking but it seems to happen every time I use powerful engine with weak wheels.

13. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Yay, Update! That time where you wonder if its all going to screw up and be unplayable or if that bug you hated got fixed.

Sadly that bug didn't get fixed so it's still crashing when spawning multiple vehicles with the 64bit version. I sent the error report. Are they actually helpful to you or shall I stop sending them?
    I just spawned 6 cars in the 32bit version without a hitch. I'm lucky to get 2 in the 64bit version.
    screenshot_00011.jpg

I would also like to say, stop spending money on cheapo tires! lol.
    The Covet race version's wheels seem to splinter into fragments very easily when going 130 mph. The slightest bump or knock and instant blowout. It never had this problem before. The rally version doesn't have this problem.
    screenshot_00010.png
    I love the different engine sound though. Such a refreshing change. Also the handling actually feels different! I'm still getting used to it. The FFB tweaks could be the difference I'm noticing or the sound making it feel different. Feels more planted, less floaty and more responsive. I would say this is the biggest difference in handling I have noticed in any update. Anyway I will stop crashing the game by spawning cars in the 64bit version and actually go and get used to the new handling in the 32bit version on my 64bit win7 machine :/

Thanks for the update and happy bug fixing :)

14. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

. . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .. .

Attached Files:

• 2015-09-18_00032.jpg
    • 2015-09-18_00030.jpg
  15. MercedesEclass

MercedesEclass
    Expand Collapse

I have this same problem, and clearing the cache and vehicles folder didn't work. What else could be tried?

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Delete any semi mods you have installed.

17. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Why is the East Coast USA getting only 5 FPS when it used to get around 45 on 0.4.1.2?

18. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

My fps dropped too on East Coast.

19. Deleted member 23644

Deleted member 23644
    Expand Collapse

Same here. Huge maps like JRI is completly fine for me. But East Coast dropped drastically.

20. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

Yes! I loaded the car delivery scenario and I was lagging my balls off getting 7 fps. I restarted the game and it was the same. Restarted my pc and it was as smooth as silk. I could also spawn multiple cars in the 64bit version but sometimes I would not be able to control the new car spawned. Deleting the car in the world editor and spawning it again sometimes fixed it or sometimes nothing spawns and my camera is plonked in the middle of the map.

After restarting the game I could no longer spawn anything and it would crash. Restarting my pc will give me one good run playing Beamng, but it seems to need a restart/log off between each run of the game. Kind of like some setting is borking out when you quit the game and you need to flush it out before the game will run half decently again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice