1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.2.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.2.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Thanks, works :)

improvement suggestion to SRB4: Make the rear spoiler go back into the car, after breaking to stillstand).
    After emergency breaking the spoiler stays out on maximum level at the moment. I don't see a reason why it should stay there. When you release the brake pedal after stopping the car, the spoiler gets in like it should.

improvement suggestion to app "Performance Timers": Synchronize the speedvalue in the table with the one in the tachometer (tachometer2 app). When you now for example want to do a full stop out of 100 km/h, you look on your tachometer and you brake at 100km/h. but the table in the "performance timers" app says you began to break at 101 or 102 km/h most of the time. So I think the tachometer app is not as exactly as the "performance timers" app, because you can see that your braking distance out of 102 km/h is 1 or 2 meters more that out of 100km/h. Also: The Performance Timers for breaking only work when you have "Real Automatic" or "Manual". The "Arcade Automatic" does switching to reverse after full stop to fast so that the Performance Timers app thinks you aborted braking.

generic suggestion/function wish: I think I said it a long time ago, but maybe no one read it: Would be nice to get an adjustable dead zone for the xbox 360 controller respectively every gamepad and not only for steering wheels and mouse.
    unfortunately it's possible that the analog stick stays in a position minimal next to its center position and then the car always turn slight in an unknown direction (because you don't know where the analog stick found it resting position.

#81 AMDFreak2006, Sep 19, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2015
  2. NistingurA

NistingurA
    Expand Collapse

Yeah. Keep on working mate :) !!

3. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Hmm I don't understand the issue. Why doesn't the current deadzone customizability solve the problem? In what way should the deadzones functionality improve?

4. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

OK, sorry, maybe I have overlooked it. Where do I find the current deadzone settings??

By the way I found another bug: If you use the "Gridmap Pure", and you have "white lights" on, like headlights or reverse gear, the lights of the car beginn to flicker fast. Maybe its because of this strange "yellow" ground fog, which only Gridmap Pure has.
    This does not happen on other maps. Its only on Gridmap Pure.

Another little bug: You are able to change ESC mode with Ctrl+Q, but you always have to release "Ctrl" and than push it again to make it work more than one time.
    At the moment it is not possible to stay on the CTRL-Key and simply press Q several times. Instead of several times changing the ESC mode you end up with one time changing ESC mode and after that with the changing of the gearbox mode.

#84 AMDFreak2006, Sep 19, 2015
  5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

It is located in the same place as deadzone for mouse and steering wheel: go to Controls menu, click on the binding whose deadzone you want to customize (in your case, that of the gamepad steering control), then modify the deadzone sliders at will and Apply the change :)

6. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Sorry, but I don't see any deadzone menu BeamNG 2015-09-19 15-04-43-54.png

Where is it located?

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

ZAWeVlV.jpg
    Here.

8. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The bindings are located in the Bindings tab (the one that opens by default when you go to Controls menu). Now locate the steering binding by looking for a binding that says "Steer". You may have to scroll down the list to see it. You may also search for it using the Search text box. Now click on the assigned control (2nd column, next to the binding name), and the customizable settings (including deadzones) will appear on the right panel :)

Edit: ninja-ed by Nadeox :D

9. Dylan.K

Dylan.K
    Expand Collapse

Sorry for double posting this but after reinstalling the game, clearing the cache, making sure im not running mods and double checking inputs, this is still a problem :confused:

EDIT: Reverted back to the directx 9 compatible version (0.4.0.6) and my steering worked in that, updated to latest again and I lost steering

#89 Dylan.K, Sep 19, 2015
  10. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

Thank you very much. Awesome!! :) I would have never found it on my own. Maybe this should go into the ingame-FAQ.

PS: Is Force Feedback for gamepads planned or will it stay steering wheel only?

Found another bug: The status messages (for example for gearbox mode or esc mode) sometimes only are visible if you press escape and the menu is visible. you can than close the menu and the status messages appear correctly. but you mostly get the same error if you press R for resseting your car. than you have to reopen the menu with escape key again to see the status messages.

#90 AMDFreak2006, Sep 19, 2015
  11. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

My fps also increased, but idk is it from windows 10 update or, beamng update :/

12. IvanGF14

IvanGF14
    Expand Collapse

The new SBR4 has a little problem with the clutch and brake peddals pressed :(
    ebAsUak.jpg

13. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Fixed, thanks :)

14. MaRcIu

MaRcIu
    Expand Collapse

+1 same problem here. I use pedals to throttle/brake and keyboard to steering and can't no more steer with keyboard with wheel connected to computer.

15. sherkain

sherkain
    Expand Collapse

Does the game still work on windows Vista.. i have premium vista 64 bit. and since the last update i cant open the game. Windows says :"checking integrity..." then "/Beamng.drive have stopped working"

16. Dylan.K

Dylan.K
    Expand Collapse

Did the steering work without the wheel plugged in for you? I'm going to unplug mine (not that i use it in beam) and see if that fixes the problem

EDIT: My wheel was the cause of my steering troubles, why didn't i try this before:eek:. However something must have changed between the last update and 0.4.2.0 which causes this problem

#96 Dylan.K, Sep 19, 2015
  17. MaRcIu

MaRcIu
    Expand Collapse

yeah it's not supposed that we have to disconnect the wheel or joystick maybe to make steering work with keyboard because in the control options you can select both keyboard and wheel/joystick controls for the same function.

18. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

Ever since the update the tire screeching sound would get stuck on and never stop after a drift or spin out, it's been getting quite annoying and help would be much appreciated. (Already Restarted Game & Edited Settings)

19. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Are you using any sound mod or something that edits the sounds file in any way? If yes, remove.

Wat. It does work for gamepads. As you see in the screenshot I posted, I set mine at 0.2 on both direction (End = Left side | Start = Right Side).

20. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

The Pessima's taillight mapping seems to be messed up. The turn signals light up with the headlights/high beams. It wasn't like this on 0.4.1.2.
    screenshot_00016.jpg
    The taillights might need to be remodeled anyway (Pictures below are from 0.4.1.2).
    screenshot_00206.png screenshot_00207.png screenshot_00212.png

#100 Godzilla!, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice