1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.2.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.2.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

I physically can't steer the car... the keybaord doesn't respond after 2seconds of driving, now ever time I reset the game even after removing my xbox controller it doesn't work... I cannot steer the vehicle...

2. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

When a wheel with FFB is detected, the game reverts to using the high performance wheel input channel disregarding all the other ones (kbd, xbox controller, etc). This also happens to avoid having the other inputs affecting (through FFB) the wheel.

3. Stiggy111

Stiggy111
    Expand Collapse

So, one of the bugs that I have noticed is with the Roamer and D15, the front right wheel glitches and falls off to end up in a ball about 10 yards away from the truck or SUV (in game length estimate). I hope that this will be fixed soon.

4. SilverRam1500

SilverRam1500
    Expand Collapse

Some crazy things happened when I took out the Air Bags in a Gavril T-65 Short, I left the shocks but they did some very weird stuff. I could still drive it too! I don't know how inverting my axle doesn't break it but oh well!, Also when I tried to change the front suspension to the old original suspension in the Pigeon the game froze up but didn't crash, I could move the camera and even access the menu! Just not the game itself
    2015-09-19_00003.jpg 2015-09-19_00005.jpg 2015-09-19_00006.jpg 2015-09-19_00007.jpg 2015-09-19_00002.jpg

-SilverRam1500
    Have Fun Bug Fixing! : )

5. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

When using the brakes and accelerator at the same time the wheels on the D15/Roamer jump around, wasn't a noticeable problem on 0.4.1.
    And stopping on steep uneven hills doesn't work very well, ABS just keeps flickering causing it to roll backwards.

6. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

7. Quotex

Quotex
    Expand Collapse

Not really anything big,

Have the Race DCT and Race Manual transmissions for the Sunburst RS been given differing Gear Ratios?

The DCT version can easily redline it to 250 km/h

While the Manual version stalls at around 232-237 km/h even though it's about 6 kgs lighter in that configuration. :S

The normal DCT and Manual transmissions seem to give identical top speeds on the FWD Sport and AWD Sport S models.

8. Michaelflat1

Michaelflat1
    Expand Collapse

the strato is broken at the moment, carlos is working to fix it

- - - Updated - - -

my issue is that the AI jerks the steering so hard that it sometimes breaks the steering mechanism, (on stock cars)

9. Dylan.K

Dylan.K
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for clearing that up:)

10. Zero

Zero
    Expand Collapse

My game tend to start lagging awfully, happens sometimes when I alt-tap and tap back in game. Here's the log.

2874.47439|D|StandardMainLoop::doMainLoop|Window focus status changed: focus: 0
    2874.47441|D|StandardMainLoop::doMainLoop| Using background sleep time: 50
    2874.63668|D|Win32Window::WindowProc|Win32Window::WindowProc - resetting device due to window size change.
    2874.64727|E|_D3D11ErrorHandle|D3D11 ERROR: D3D11 Error #887a0022. En ressource er ikke tilgængelig på tidspunktet for kaldet, men det vil muligvis blive tilgængeligt senere.

D3D11Device::reset - failed to change screen states! [1]

11. Commando11

Commando11
    Expand Collapse

Since the last update i cant seem to spawn the Covet on East coast USA while driving the D15.

- - - Updated - - -

Also game crashes randomly at spawning cars changing parts and enabeling ai mode. #unplayable

12. AMDFreak2006

AMDFreak2006
    Expand Collapse

I dont have any Force Feedback on my XBOX 360 Wireless Controller. In the tab "Force Feedback" there it shows "No Force Feedback Hardware Found". In every other game Force Feedback works...

#112 AMDFreak2006, Sep 20, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
  13. Nasitez

Nasitez
    Expand Collapse

I'm still experiencing DirectX 10-related problems. I updated after reading from the Dev Blog (for 0.4.2.0) that issues related to DX10 were resolved and that DX10 GPUs and higher were required from now on. Well I have a DX10 GPU (NVIDIA Quadro FX 4800) and I haven't been able to play the game since the 0.4.1.2 update because of the DX11 requirement. Unfortunately, I'm still having issues with the game crashing after loading a level even after this update and can no longer downgrade to the DX9 version which was made available through Steam after 0.4.1.2 came out, which leaves me with an unplayable game. Any help would be appreciated.

14. randomshortguy

randomshortguy
    Expand Collapse

15. Carbender

Carbender
    Expand Collapse

The Roamer/D-Series' parts menu has a spelling mistake for the "Lightbar" selection.

(imported from here)
    Also the "Sleeper Cab" for the Semi has an bug with the door's window when the door breaks apart from the Cab.

(imported from here)

#115 Carbender, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  16. pickle330

pickle330
    Expand Collapse

I seem to be encountering something that no one else has posted about from what I have seen.

Update 4.2.0 broke the sunburst for me. When it spawns, it can't drive, the roof is missing, and all of the windows are broken.

Also, the deep dish steering wheel is invisible in every vehicle that has one.

Yes, I have deleted my cache. No I don't have any sunburst mods as far as I'm aware. And yes, I've redownloaded the game, and deleted the cache again after that. So far, no luck...

Anyone have a clue what the problem may be?

17. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

See this: http://www.beamng.com/threads/16086-FIXED-Hirochi-Sunburst-not-spawning-with-a-roof

And if that is not the case, fresh reinstall BeamNG.Drive
    -Unistall BeamNG from Steam
    -Delete BeamNG.Drive folder from MyDocuments (backup your mods if you want)
    -Delete BeamnG.Drive folder from Steam/Steamapp/common (If there is still a folder)
    -Reinstall BeamNG.

18. kennyloggins

kennyloggins
    Expand Collapse

sorry for the big picture

19. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

We currently don't support force feedback (nor vibration feedback in the case of gamepads) on Xbox controllers.

20. jammin2222

jammin2222
    Expand Collapse

I must say I love the new feel the handling has, the FFB is vastly improved. Still no RPM indicators on my G27 though. How do I get them working?
    Being able to sort the scenario list is also a great help, though an option to sort by map name wouldn't go a miss. The new scenarios UI is nice too. Though there are two things, while not major issues, are annoying about it.

The big play button in the bottom right of the screen that starts the scenario is right over the speedometer. So when you click it, your mouse ends up hovering over the speedometer. The scenario starts but you don't have any FFB because its disabled while your mouse is hovering over the UI. I have to keep remembering to move my mouse away from it quickly before the scenario starts.
    The other minor annoyance is that it resets the camera to the default outside view each time you restart the scenario. It would be nice if it remembered the last camera position too.
    So in the 3 seconds before the scenario starts I need to switch my camera and remember to move my mouse off the speedometer. Not impossible, but gets irritating having to do it every time I retry a scenario.

The only other bugs I noticed are:

Covet race wheels are very fragile at high speeds.

Various graphics settings are not always remembered. V-sync always seems to revert to off each time I start the game yet is showing as on in the menu.

64bit version crashing when spawning multiple vehicles/vehicle not spawning & camera placed in center of map/car spawns but can't control it. (32bit version seems fine)

ECUSA lag's badly in random places where It previously didn't.
    On the new high speed highway scenario for example, my FPS starts at 28 and my graphics cards are only being used 55%.
    I drive along through the first two checkpoints at that frame rate, and time doesn't feel consecutive (Random time dilation changes). Then about 20 meters before the third checkpoint my FPS shoots up into the 50's and my graphics cards are being used 99%, time dilation returns to normal as well. There is a very distinct spot where it happens.
    If I stop at the point where my FPS shoots up and reverse the car 5 meters its drops back down to 28FPS, move forward 5 meters and it shoots back up. Weird.

FPS low.jpg FPS good.jpg FPS problem area.jpg

I never enjoy writing bug reports, as it feels like I'm moaning, but I really am grateful for all the updates. No other game has had me hooked for so long. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice