1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.2.x Current bugs and help thread [0.4.2.0]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Sep 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shockapow

Shockapow
    Expand Collapse

World editor is broken. It says it loading but its really sitting there.

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

For you, it works fine here.
    Feel free to give more info.

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

I have a bug that has been "bugging" since the switch over to 4.2, its do with the parts menu. Open the parts menu changing parts around (on any vehicle) and to me its looks like the parts menu "crashes" and I can't select anything in the parts menu or the UI sidebar and can't even exit the game with the "X" I have to open task manager to close it.

The only fix I found its to quit to desktop and reload the game and sometimes it will do it again within 5 mins.

Windows 10 and x64 version.

Update

Deleted BNG and all mods, I did a totally fresh install and still have the same problem.

4. liladams

liladams
    Expand Collapse

Fix how you put parts on the car, just let it change the part without respawning the car pecause if you are on a steep hill put e brake when chaning a bumper or diff it respawns it in different angle getting it stuck in a wall or start rolling backwards

5. machine

machine
    Expand Collapse

It's pretty much impossible to do without respawning I guess

6. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

I've found some small jbeam errors/typo's while making my mods:

- fullsize: left headlight still uses the inner spotlight angle: fullsize_headlights.jbeam line 168
    - van: typo in the triangles section; "fr205r" instead of "fr20r"; van_body.jbeam line 1760
    - semi: right mirror is attached to the left door; semi_mirrors.jbeam line 75 AND line 90

- Activated hydro's overextend themselves when an new car is loaded. (load a H45 cargobox, activate the handbrake, select a random new vehicle (not replace, new!), look at the rear loading doors turning over 180 degrees breaking the hydros)

I've put that last one also on a bug ticker on the redmine site just before it went down (again)
    Did you guys read that one? I've never had any confirmation, but all other bugs in that list seem to be gone in the latest release :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Just fixed those, thanks :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. Scepheo

Scepheo
    Expand Collapse

The modmanager incorrectly marks scenario mods as incompatible (modmanager.lua, around line 100) because they don't contain .jbeam or .mis files. Don't know if this is already fixed for the update, but it currently means that scenario mods aren't drag-and-drop installs.

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

The game's current code seems to just run through all the files in a zip and continuously reclassify the zip as either terrain or vehicle every time it hits an .mis or .jbeam file. Since a mod can contain both, I think that this could cause undesired results.

Another way is to run through the zip and check to see what filetypes are present. After checking all files in the zip mark a category based on a priority list. I've implemented something that should do that correctly over here in post #14: http://www.beamng.com/threads/here-...-mod-to-automatically-load.16809/#post-263960

10. Owiko7

Owiko7
    Expand Collapse

when I load a map (any map) and play for around 5-10 minutes, the game crashes and freezes, it never did this before the update. and it doesn't change with modifications.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice