1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.4.3.2 Current bugs and help thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. c1c512

c1c512
    Expand Collapse

i have got a bug where the ground texture is broken in some maps

Attached Files:

• 2015-11-18_00001.jpg
    • 2015-11-18_00002.jpg
    • 2015-11-18_00003.jpg
    • 2015-11-18_00004.jpg
    • 2015-11-18_00005.jpg
  2. yeticub

yeticub
    Expand Collapse

all my interior gauges are not working at all none of them help

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Good thing they proactively added logging on the reason for choosing the x86 binary, eh?

Until it's fixed can you just run the 64-bit binary from Steam\SteamApps\common\BeamNG.drive\Bin64\BeamNG.drive.x64.exe ?

• Like Like x 1
  4. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Good. If you're curious, the x86 version probably never tries to allocate more than 2GB. That's pretty normal, but if you are interested here are a couple of links related to the topic, which is relevant for PC gaming in general: stack overflow / super user / 2gb -> 4gb patcher. Of course there's no reason to patch the x86 binary of BeamNG.drive since there is a 64-bit binary available! I include the link only for it's relevance RE: other PC games.

5. nophone

nophone
    Expand Collapse
    Developer

Thanks for the report. The launcher will be fixed in the next version.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

issue with the rollover sled in the new update. instability detected, physics disabled when using it once with the "P" key. You can put a car on it, everything is fine, it launches the car, but when you switch back to it with Tab to press "P" again and swith back to the car, the physics stops and bugs occurs. The sled changes place, goes far to the sky, etc...
    It happens with several cars so it's not a Barstow instability.

Attached Files:

• rollover-issue1.jpg
    • rollover-issue2.jpg
    #64 SergentFido, Nov 19, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2015
  7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

This should be fixed for the next release, thanks for reporting!

8. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

It's a very big pleasure to contribute a tiny bit to such a great game ! Thanks to you !

9. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Doing a lot of car chase with the flee mode, i noticed that every car that is set up to flee in the AI app, will have front wheel broken quickly, even when not damaged. I've noticed that on a car that was just doing a U turn in front of me, i saw the wheel break. i was wondering why cars where leaving the road to go straight the country, and i noticed they couldn't steer anymore.
    Noticed on official cars and mods, so it seems to be general (on my computer at least :)

10. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Thanks for reporting that.

The AI does direct control of the steering input, meaning that it does unnaturally fast wheel movements (like it has hydraulic hands). It appears that some of the vehicle' steering racks cannot handle that much abuse, so they break.

I'll fix it for the next release.

11. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Yes yes please fix it ;-), i love the flee mode (and i have to say that i miss the dumb driving chase AI a lot, it was big big and eventually big fun to see all those crazy cars smashing like in the Blues brothers)

12. estama

estama
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sorry for removing it.

The reason there isn't yet any chase AI is due to the current AI "planning" being static. This means that the AI plans the whole route that it'll follow in advance. The flee AI can work in a setting like that by creating new static plans from time to time (it cannot do that continuously because it would be heavy CPU wise).

For the chase AI this cannot work, because when close to the player it would need to do planning "on the spot".

The solution to this, is to change the current AI to work with "dynamic planning". So it'll continuously plan ahead. This will allow it to be able to chase the player even in close ranges.

This isn't something easy to do. BeamNG's AI works using exactly the same controls that a user uses to control the vehicle. It has to press on the pedal, steer with the wheel and so on. So creating an effective AI in BeamNG is a similar challenge to creating a self driving car in the real world.

Hopefully, in the next months we might be able to achieve dynamic planning for the AI, and from that point on the chase AI will be reachable.

• Like Like x 3
  13. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

estema, I'm curious about how the old chase AI. I assume that it was different from either the current static planning AI or the dynamic planning one you suggested could come in the future.

14. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Interesting...
    I was looking through the ai.lua thing, but its already kinda doing for fleeing. what if you would just reverse that and make it "flee" towards you instead of away from you?
    When you get close it moves away, obviously it would need to be "on the spot" like you said but if you left it like that it would just be a little bit dumb.

15. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

X-ray shadows. Mod map. Illuminati. Cool.
    screenshot_00155.png

16. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Thank you so much for answering to this point ! Much appreciated. I understand the challenge as i was working in video games untill 15 years ago, for some F1 simulations and other games.
    I understand the difficulty of having both cars following a planed route and have them to adapt to player position, calculating all the physics in the same time. It's definitly not a game like the others.

But for this chase mode, as Crashmaster found a temporary fix that was just replacing the AI.lua by a very old one and was working fine (and that was fantastic, i'm sorry to insist but being chased by the big utility truck on Black Hills map is magnificent, like being in the movie Duel from Spielberg) untill the new update broke this possibility, couldn't just be possible to switch between the new AI system and the old one, assuming it's really dumb and that's why we like it ? It's fun just because cars don't avoid anything and that constantly providing random stunt, cars flying, jumping after smashing, etc...
    I know you devs are doing an awesome and never seen before job on how realistic the car physics are, and that's why this realism combined to the craziness of the chase mode was so fun. I did hundreds of screenshots of stunts that i did in purpose, planning that cars will hit this object, take this ramp, fly through the H15 cargo box, etc...

Anyway i'm happy to speak to you about this, have a nice day !

• Like Like x 1
  17. BBQ

BBQ
    Expand Collapse

When is this texture bug ever getting fixed? (the yellow line)

screenshot_00275.png

18. Kitty

Kitty
    Expand Collapse

Noticed this with a few cars, using my xbox controller when i apply the brake and throttle (trying to do a sick burnout bro) that the car will start to tweak out. Seems to only happen in manual with auto clutch mode.

19. JakoDude

JakoDude
    Expand Collapse

I know everyone is having some bugs but my game wont even start. If I launch it tries to load and then steam says, "Failed to start game (missing executable)". I tried deleting the appcache folder and restarting my computer like steam suggested, and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
    EDIT: Since I can't play anyways I'll try a complete reinstall and then update later lol.
    EDIT 2: I reinstalled the game and it is working correctly now.

#77 JakoDude, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  20. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

not working for me. The game loads but whatever map i select in freeroam, i just get a large and frozen view of the map from the sky. No default car.
    Deleted the cache before each try, same result.

21. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try a clean reinstall:
    -Unistall BeamNG from Steam
    -Delete BeamNG.Drive folder from MyDocuments (backup your mods if you want)
    -Delete BeamnG.Drive folder from Steam/Steamapp/common (If there is still a folder)
    -Reinstall BeamNG.

22. SergentFido

SergentFido
    Expand Collapse

Well this didn't happen to me since ages but i guess i have to do that. Thanks for help.

EDIT : worked after reinstall, thanks !

#80 SergentFido, Nov 21, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice