1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.0.0 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Donny8769

Donny8769
    Expand Collapse

I hope they fix this because I really like this car, but can't stand that it becomes damaged from just driving around.

2. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

Never happened to me. Any way to try to make it happen?

You mean this "SAVE & LOAD"?:

3. monte379

monte379
    Expand Collapse

Make overall quality "custom"

4. MAJ217

MAJ217
    Expand Collapse

I like how there is a fix coming, but I have the highest resolution possible (somewhere around 1300, I'm not sure) but where the save option used to be for the car loadouts is now replaced by the tuning option from the recent update. I love this option but not if I can't save it. I tried scrolling and I tried swiping, but I can't seem to find the save option anywhere. Any help or ideas?

5. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

1. Your resolution may be the highest which your setup can make, but it is still exactly what SixSixSevenSeven was talking about. Try using a computer with 1920x1080 for now, or just wait for the update...
    2. Actually, we're all going to get tired of hearing about this. I've attached the world's ugliest temporary fix. Place the attached zip into your mods folder. It combines the Save & Load and "Color" tabs into a single tab: Color is now below the Save and Load sections when using this temporary fix. Scroll down on that tab if you need to. Please be sure to remove this tempfix before the next update. :( OK, that was an exceedingly poor way to fix a very simple problem. I have removed this version (r01).
    3. I've now attached a very temporary fix, this replaces core game files and will break your game in the future if you do not remove/disable it!!! Place the attached zip into your mods folder. Please be sure to remove this tempfix before the next update. :(

#465 torsion, Dec 28, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  6. Grimm Reaper

Grimm Reaper
    Expand Collapse

My BeamNG updated today and since then the speedometer/tacho/gear etc HUD does not work. It displays but only as shown in the pic here. If I use the Digital Speedo app it just displays 'NaN'. Is there a fix for it or do I need to change anything in settings ?

Thanks

#466 Grimm Reaper, Dec 28, 2015
  7. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

A feature I would like to see in future versions of BNG is engine braking, I don't know if its implemented or not (and its not strong enough?) right now the only thing that will "hold back" a vehicle while going (down a hill for example) is dependent on gear selection, transmission ratio, and rear differential ratio.

For example I can be flying down a hill at say 70 MPH and I can shift down to 1st gear (as long as the rear tires don't skid) and the engine will rev to the sky and little to no engine braking is applied, it will eventually slow when the rpms come down or if I press on the brakes little by little to help slow the vehicle down to a eventual stop.

8. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

I also can't change that as you can see in the picture.

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

your picture only shows you trying to change resolution though, doesnt show you cant change overall quality.

10. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Is it normal that there is only blank space at overall quality?
    I just bought the game and have no idea how it should look...
    I can't change resoulution, too.
    I've got an 16:10 screen, it has a resolution around 1920*1200, could that be the problem?

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This is the second report about no options.
    Reported this, game logs would help a lot tho.

You can find them in Documents/BeamNG.Drive (beamng.log and beamng-launcher.log)

12. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Okay, I'll post them later today,
    thanks for all the help guys.

13. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

The Heavy Duty D-Series has no limits on how far the suspension can travel, it can even go through the frame. I thought Bumpstops were implemented for suspensions?

Attached Files:

• 2015-12-28_00001.jpg
    • 2015-12-28_00002.jpg
    • 2015-12-28_00003.jpg
    • 2015-12-28_00004.jpg
    • 2015-12-28_00005.jpg
    • 2015-12-28_00006.jpg
  14. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I've been meaning to post about this myself.
    1. All D-Series trucks have this issue as far as I know.
    2. Once you manage to get the axle all the way through the frame it's stuck there. This can be done reproducibly with the stock game files (although it's much easier with one of those 'wheelie monster' mods). For the stock game files: remove the bed and rear shocks/springs. Drive around on the Gridmap over the bumps and small jumps. If you can get the rear axle to "case" the landing (hang on the front of the landing ramp) you can get it to clip through the frame. If necessary I can post a video, but for JBEAM folks I assume that whatever is going on may be obvious.

15. MAJ217

MAJ217
    Expand Collapse

Alright it works! Thanks for this quick fix. I'll make sure to delete it before I update the game. I can always count on the forums.

16. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

Here are the logs as promised:

Attached Files:

17. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Fixed for the next update

• Like Like x 1
  18. NismoR35

NismoR35
    Expand Collapse

So I am aware someone had mentioned of the Save&Load configurations in the Ctrl+W menu, and it has been addressed on the first post. But this, glitch/bug of making it disappear would have happened randomly? Because I am positively sure that feature was still working for me after the 0.5.0 update, and it worked fine up until last night, and I didn't notice it disappearing until today. But that being said, does any of the saved configurations and such will be still there or I will have to remake them?

EDIT: Disregard, evidently my horizontal resolution had changed, and after changing it to a bigger pixel size, the option's back.

#478 NismoR35, Dec 28, 2015
  19. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

Here's a pretty strange bug. It only seems to happen in a specific set of circumstances so I don't see it being too important, but nonetheless:

Basically, if you cause a physics instability on an AI car set to Random, it loses the ability to drive once it resets. Changing AI mode and restoring the car does nothing, only a hard reset of the car (CTRL+R) fixes it. In every case it happens, it always seems to steer left and either 1) Keeps going forwards and backwards, reaching the edge of the road and changing direction because it can only steer left, or 2) Gets stuck on the spot and keeps switching between reverse and the driven gears.

It's four clips total, a before + after of each situation just to show that I don't think it's a track/AI spline issue. In the clip with the blue SBR4, the Pessima keeps going forwards and backwards, reaching the edge of the road and changing direction. The clip with the orange SBR4 shows the Pessima getting stuck on the spot, and this time I switch to the Pessima to show its perspective.

I'm not sure how many cars it happens to, because right now the only car that I can reliably cause an instability with is the 1989 Pessima. The SBR4 is unrelated to it, it's just the fastest car to cause a hard enough crash to glitch out.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Rubiespeed03

Rubiespeed03
    Expand Collapse

will the beamng remote app come out on apple products?
    i have a i phone and no android products around

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice