1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.1.0 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goosah

Goosah
    Expand Collapse
    Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Yes, those are "old" mods which still use the old hubWheels tire model, but, they shouldn't have broken. We found the bug breaking these mods, it should be fixed for the next update.

We do our best to support old mod functionality if they are standalone mods. However, we can't support mods that piggyback onto existing content or code.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Red exhaust

Red exhaust
    Expand Collapse

I found that mod was causing it. Thank you!

3. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

At first I thought that this might not be working. I played around just now and realized that it works fine if I roll the vehicle (roll axis) so that only the edge of the tire touches the ground. Spinning the vehicle (yaw axis) doesn't seem to affect the tiremark size though. I assume that this is an expected behavior right now?

4. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

happy to help

5. Diamondback

Diamondback
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Systems Lead
    BeamNG Team

It ignites a random node that is not a wheel node and is in fact ignitable (not within a contained tank like fuel nodes are)

6. Volvo

Volvo
    Expand Collapse

>The Type-L and the base model 200BX spawns without front brakes and the base model also spawns with Type-L badges.

7. Sagarci

Sagarci
    Expand Collapse

the Burnside front fenders jbeam doesn't match up
    screenshot_00050.png
    and has no turn signal glass break texture
    screenshot_00051.png

8. cagecode

cagecode
    Expand Collapse

This is a really nice surprise to come back to after the holidays!

I'm having trouble with the AI. If I have two cars, and I'm driving one while the AI drives the other, then if I reset my car, it will become controlled by the AI without me selecting anything. It could be an error or a design change, but it makes it hard for me to reset a race or something if either of us crash.

There's other issues with the AI too, but they're mostly cleanup work (waypoint issues and velocity optimization). Hopefully these issues are ironed out eventually.

9. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I ran into this again today (originally brought up in the v0.5.0.0 thread). It can be really distressing! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was related to all the rash of users who've been told to "delete your Documents/BeamNG.drive folder" recently after they claimed that they weren't running any mods.

10. AwesomeRacer456

AwesomeRacer456
    Expand Collapse

I don't know if this is mentioned yet, but I pressed ALT + Up Arrow (x8 Slow-mo) And tried to go back to Realtime, but it stays in x8 Slow-mo.

11. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

I think that this is working find for me. ALT+UP and ALT+DOWN do what they are supposed to.

12. _Divine

_Divine
    Expand Collapse

Oh!
    Okay. Thanks mate.

13. kStor2poche

kStor2poche
    Expand Collapse

A very annoying bug : when you car is crashed with a tree , the car go inside the tree...

ps : it do it whit all the straight objects, the tree was just an exemple

ps2 : can you do a "only shadows" category for the lightning quality and also a reducted-polygons 3d for the low end graphics card ?

ps3 : the car lights don't work with my graphic card : from the front of the I see they're working but they aren't enlight the environement and the day, all the lights of the front of the car are almost invisible...

Thanks if you correct/make the things i've sayd !

Sorry if my english is bad, i'm french...

#213 kStor2poche, Jan 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  14. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

The car 'going inside the tree' is currently unavoidable. It happens because you are hitting the tree in between nodes, which are the only things that can collide with the environment.

15. KozyKat

KozyKat
    Expand Collapse

East Coast USA road bug. The road looks like its floating until you get closer.

Attached Files:

• 2016-01-03_00004.jpg
    • 2016-01-03_00005.jpg
    • 2016-01-03_00006.jpg
    • 2016-01-03_00007.jpg
  16. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

I think that's more due to your graphics settings. It looks fine on mine.
    Though I did just set all my settings to lowest to check and I don't get that result...

17. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Awesome, glad to hear this.

18. Warthall

Warthall
    Expand Collapse

Im running a 2500k, 280x, 8GB 1600MHz and installed on an Samsung 850 Evo 250GB SSD. After the update it ran at 60fps for some time, then I started to have exactly the same problem, except it didn't slow down quite as fast. Graphics settings, vsync, map or the vehicle didn't affect the problem, CPU and GPU usage were pretty low. All my other games ran just fine.

First I reinstalled the game and deleted the folder from the documents. Then I decided to roll back graphics drivers, uninstalled them in safe mode with Display Driver Uninstaller and the usual. It didn't help or make it worse. Then I just randomly decided to unmute the game (I watched a stream before so I muted it). I grabbed the in game volume slider which caused noticeable stuttering and after releasing it the game ran fine again. I just stared at the screen rotating the camera and thought wtf just happened. Still works fine after updating back to the latest drivers.

19. Samuel1995

Samuel1995
    Expand Collapse

Is just me or the handbrake blocks all 4 wheels of the 200BX Custom?

Also, the braking distance is shorter with all wheels block.

#219 Samuel1995, Jan 4, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  20. AR162B

AR162B
    Expand Collapse

Not so much a bug report but some feedback;

is it an idea to have multiple nodegroups near licenseplate areas, such that common licenseplate jbeams can be used? This way it is easier to make custom licenseplates available for all vehicles. Don't forget alternative locations and (multiple!) trailer locations. The Moonhawks front bumper and special nosecone node used as example:

["fb1", 0.0, -2.49, 0.50{"group":["moonhawk_bumper_F","licenseplate_F_1"]}],
    ["n4", 0.0, -2.36, 0.345{"group":["moonhawk_nosecone","licenseplate_F_2"]}],

Secondly, is there a way to add custom key assignments without overwriting the original ones for 'add-on' mods? It looks like the 'input_actions.json' file must be in the main directory and can't have another name, same goes for the json files in the 'inputmaps' folder. For my trailer add-on I had to 'overwrite' the existing files, which isn't preferable I think.

Thirdly; I think you've done a great job with the Burnside, it really has a 50's feel to it. It reminds me of the classic Mafia games, but with proper realism. :)
    Hopefully there some more classic cars some day. (pickup, Classic Civetta? ;) )

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice