1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.1.0 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tdev, Dec 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

The sizing is intended behavior. You have installed 265/55R18 tires on that car. Those are taller tires intended for larger vehicles. You want 265/35R18 or even as tall as 40 or 45. The number I've underscored represents the ratio of width to height for the tire (called aspect ratio). You can use a website like this one to visualize the difference in size.

I have noticed that tires do not slot into wheels universally though. This seems like a problem to me. If I've got an 18x10 rim I'm pretty sure that it should accept all 'R18' tires in the range of 250/xxR18 to 300/xxR18, or maybe a bit more. Instead we don't even have all 18x10 rims taking the same tires?

EDIT: as an example of the 18x10 wheels which do not use the same tires, compare Folk ZT55 18x10 Rear Wheels (Silver) with Folk ZT55 18x10 Deep Rear Wheels (Silver)

2. Tbonedude

Tbonedude
    Expand Collapse

The suspension sounds are one of the things you didn't know you wanted until you got them. Adds another level of depth to the game so it's not just engine and road noise anymore.

On the other hand, the sounds get repetitive quickly when driving on bumpy roads (ex. dirt roads on Jungle Island) or whilst off-roading.
    Like many others, I have experienced mods that are now unusable because the tires explode upon spawn.
    I like the Burnside, but the Automatic transmissions have trouble when driving at a speed between the two gears.
    I like the new variants and parts for the '88 Pessima (it's my new favorite car).

A great update overall. Keep up the good work, Devs.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thomess_maker

Thomess_maker
    Expand Collapse

Suspension sounds? Early 50s era car? Reminds me of Mafia 2.

4. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Unfortunately due to some shortcomings with the nodeOffset feature, I have to separate wheels and tires with different offsets. There's no way to have a universal 18x10 tire slot fit both offsets of 18x10 wheel. The reason for this is that you can't modify a nodeOffset, you can only overwrite it. It gets set by the car onto which the wheel is being installed. For the tire to work for both offsets of wheel, it would need to modify the offset of the tire (in this case by 2cm), which isn't possible.

5. Daniel_M

Daniel_M
    Expand Collapse

It seems, that the front drag tires and wheels from the Bruckell Moonhawk Dragster have too much distance to the hub (no tuning settings changed).

Attached Files:

• 2015-12-31_00001.jpg
    #145 Daniel_M, Dec 31, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2015
  6. CamIsMacho

CamIsMacho
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for clearing that up. Last version I swear they came with car size tires and I was using them on all the 5 lug cars for teh lulz because of how much they stick out. Glad I can use them on my trucks now though. Thx m8.

#146 CamIsMacho, Dec 31, 2015
  7. burilkovdeni

burilkovdeni
    Expand Collapse

The prototype car made by Gimsaki83

8. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

somehow the body colored bumpers don't show up on the 89 Pessima and by the way I have deleted the cache.

9. smyljr

smyljr
    Expand Collapse

back from the holidays, and suddenly my 92 accord is in and ready to be crashed repeatedly.

simply amazing.

10. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

They're not separate bumpers, it's under the Paint Design slot ("Body Colored Trim")

11. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

I think it would be better to show my problem in visual form.

say I select the 2.0 ZX variant using the vehicle selector.

fdf.png
    I spawn it and somehow the trim doesn't show up in game.
    ffffff.png
    I mean it says in the parts selector that the trim has been installed but somehow its not in-game.
    fff.png
    I have deleted every conflicting mod that I could think of but still nothing.

edit:
    its fine the problem has been fixed somehow i overlooked a few files they have now been removed.
    but somehow now the whole car dosen't show up in he vehicle selector despite the cars zip being in the content folder

#151 ktheminecraftfan, Dec 31, 2015
  12. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

Awesome update dev team !

13. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for explaining the situation. I still might be lost. [insert much time spent looking at stuff] OK, maybe I've got it now. Are you saying that nodeOffset is an absolute number rather than being relative to the parent's nodeOffset?!

Hopefully this will be improved very soon! It seems that a much more useful/usable implementation would 'just' go up the hierarchy and add every nodeOffset until you reach the root. That sum is the offset for whatever child you are working with. In that way you remove the need for things like having both pickup_suspension_R and pickup_suspension_R_ext, which are practically identical except for the stuff dealing with absolute rather than relative offsets!

14. MegaEpicDaniel 2

MegaEpicDaniel 2
    Expand Collapse

Where are the door handles on the Burnside ?

15. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

somehow after deleting conflicting mods for the '89 pessima the car doesn't show up in the vehicle selector.

16. stainlessDR

stainlessDR
    Expand Collapse

Is the 53 burnside supposed to be an older car restored? or the car from the factory, because my only criticism is the front park and turn lights would be white from the factory as some US states did not allow amber indicators till the 1960's

• Like Like x 3
  17. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

Did you remember to clear your cache folder?

18. Narwhal

Narwhal
    Expand Collapse

i imported burnside DAE into blender. i noticed that the right wheel skirt has inverted normals.

19. Again_Dejavu

Again_Dejavu
    Expand Collapse

Dude you're just short.

• Like Like x 5
  20. mustang5

mustang5
    Expand Collapse

There's no wheels on it.

Attached Files:

• no wheels.png
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice