1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.3.2 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Mar 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raider

Raider
    Expand Collapse

something happen in my chose scenario screen, some scenarios is two times.

Attached Files:

• 20160327215309_1.jpg
    • 20160327215317_1.jpg
    • 20160327215326_1.jpg
    • 20160327215333_1.jpg
  2. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

When I press insert to recover the vehicle after I blew up a tire the tire stays blow up

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You are more likely using a mod that duplicates Gridmap and have doubled the scenarios.

Recovery doesn't reset mesh status. Press R after you recovery.

4. Dudeman

Dudeman
    Expand Collapse

something strange I find is that I never get above 18 fps in the "intersection" scenarios yet the game has no problem registering that I completed them?
    does It have to do with what is bottlenecking the fps?

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Because you are not too far from the 20FPS mark probably.

6. Randomgamer3210

Randomgamer3210
    Expand Collapse

I thought it was a glitch and wanted to help out

7. btcb48

btcb48
    Expand Collapse

New random bugs for 0.5.3.2
    The Bolide's water temp gauge is mis-calibrated.

The 80's Pessima front CV boot clips into and then detaches from the rest of the wheel/brake hub as the suspension compresses and re-extends. Also, the rear suspension's upper control arm then clips into the unibody under compression.

The 90's Pessima front and rear suspension meshes experience rather strong deformation as they compress and re-extend, especially the normally solid parts of the struts and sway bars.

The 200BX's half shaft assemblies (CV boots?) have odd vertical stretching around the differential under suspension loads. They stretch upward then squish downward as the car accelerates then brakes, respectively.

The Barstow's front brake lines detach too obviously with the softer base suspension on re-extension. Meanwhile, the rear springs on the 4-link models clip a little into the halfshaft area.

The SBR's various front coilovers all compress rather oddly.

The Sunburst's rear upper control arm clips through its mount at the unibody and through the sway bar's link under compression and re-extension. It also happens at rest with the Sport RS.

The Burnside's (front) upper wishbone clips into the frame under re-extension. Also, the sway bar link and lowest bit of the shock/spring combo clip through the lower wishbone under compression.

The Cabster's beam front axle clips into the frame and engine under suspension compression. Particularly the Cargo Box model.

The exhaust pipes on Vansters/Cabs/Roamers/all the Pickups clip into the frame just before and just after the muffler.

The Covet's exhaust pipe clips into the rear sway bar and other suspension bits just before the muffler.

The Covet's fuel gauge doesn't quite read full when it's full and the low fuel symbol overlaps with the normal fuel symbol even though it's mirrored (nozzle on different sides).

For now, while the re-calibrated 80's Ibishu tachos are improved when driving, there'd be issues when engine starting/stopping is implemented in the future unless the props code is improved or the tacho's number scaling is standardized.

The description of the 'Full Circuit' scenario refers to Hirochi Raceway as an island.

the description of the 'Suspension Race' scenario starts with a small letter rather than a capital unlike the others.

Based on the default scenario arrangement, one would likely attempt 'Island Tour' with the Pessima before the 200BX so I'd suggest switching the tips around. Terrain tips with the sedan, caution with the 200BX, etc.

Reposts/reminders
    The oil pressure gauges in the Van/Cab and Bolide wrongly work as oil temp gauges. Gavril convention seems to be H/C for temps as seen in GM, pickup and the Van itself. The Bolide's gauge numbers are too low for temp.

The Moonhawk's front suspension wobbles apart under hard braking when lockup occurs, especially with the sport and special variants but hard to reproduce with the I6 models. All seem to get permanent deformation after turning at full lock regardless of speed. The front fascia seems to aggravate the wobbling, weirdly.

The rotating concealed headlights of the Barstows clip through the current radiator support.

The Roamer has low beam/parking light controls on both the dash and the indicator stalk. Maybe re-use the Van's stalk instead?

While the stock V8 Gavrils are no longer affected in 0.5.3 to 0.5.3.2, the stage 1 variants still suffer from the inability to properly brake torque due to a excessive clutch torque value in the engine jbeam.
    Current personal bodge fix is to set clutch torques in all engines around peak, ignoring friction, with the exception of the dragsters, semi, and TT S2. Also, reduced the stage 1 Gavrils' clutch to 395 from 550. Also, is the 4.5 a larger L99 or smaller Modular? Can't tell what valvetrain's here. Could use a little more low-end torque if the former and longer gearing for the auto's 3rd and 4th regardless for realism. Many 4-speed autos have 1:1 3rds, especially USA ones.

The 'Shortcut' scenario has a rather large ditch at the bottom of the slope that will severely cripple the car most of the time.

The ETK 800's oil temp gauge doesn't work.

#407 btcb48, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  8. Deleted member 143012

Deleted member 143012
    Expand Collapse

How do I know what transmission mode I'm in when it is not shown to me?

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Make sure you haven't deleted the 'Message App' from your UI.
    Incase, simply re-add it ( http://wiki.beamng.com/Editing_UI )

10. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

Vans temperature gauge has a battery icon on it

Attached Files:

• 2016-03-31 (1).png
  11. Daniel_M

Daniel_M
    Expand Collapse

No, look at it again. Oil temperature is 83C° and water 93C°. The gauges indicate right thermals ..there is nothing wrong with it :)

12. Deleted member 143012

Deleted member 143012
    Expand Collapse

13. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

the temperature gauges are fine, just that theres a gauge that has H and L on it with a battery logo on it (is this battery voltage, because i thought that it was new for that)

14. Angel Rodriguez

Angel Rodriguez
    Expand Collapse

I couldn't figure out how to post a comment because im new so ill reply to one of your comments lol. My wuestion is, ill be playing on beam ng and I have my keyboard and controller connected to my computer and when I spawn cars, the keyboard controls one and the controller controls the other. how can I make it to where the controller controls both cars but not at the same time? (sorry if that's confusing)

15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

it's a battery gauge funnily enough...

16. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

The 200bx rear widebody quarterpanel kit tends to produce triangles when crashing. Also , skins on the part get a slight displacement on the c-pillar.

Triangle
    screenshot_00362.png screenshot_00347.png

Skin bug (Not a a big problem though)
    screenshot_00382.png

Also , after a jump with the d-series i noticed this :

screenshot_00375.png

#416 NinetyNine!, Apr 1, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  17. Michaelflat

Michaelflat
    Expand Collapse

but i dont think it should be there as its a 1995 van, so its a bit new for a voltage gauge

18. BeamE

BeamE
    Expand Collapse

When switching to another audio device, the sound gets all weird, there's no engine sound until you press the gas pedal. It's only fixed when you restart the game.

19. tjschel

tjschel
    Expand Collapse

There is another random arrow in ECU.
    random arrow.PNG

20. vnsjoz

vnsjoz
    Expand Collapse

all my new sounds are gone except for the old ones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice