1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.5.4.0 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTraxxasManiacs

TheTraxxasManiacs
    Expand Collapse

I know this can not be fixed, but I cant use several of the mods I have. Is there a way to uninstall the update?

2. Toron Beldevar

Toron Beldevar
    Expand Collapse

I'm downloading the latest update now, but I took a quick drive in 0.5.3.2 and got 11-13 FPS (high settings, no PostFX) in East Coast, USA (which is terrible :(). I'll see how much these performance optimizations have an effect on my PC. I'm really going to enjoy this update I think.

EDIT: With the new update, I'm now getting up to 16 Frames in some spots (with identical performance in Utah as well). That's a big improvement in my opinion. I'm also having a lot of fun with all the new stuff, no problems so far. :)

screenshot_00038.jpg

#102 Toron Beldevar, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  3. Drivver

Drivver
    Expand Collapse

Well, first of I've made Banana bench and was wondering what does this improvement mean in real gameplay. And I'm shocked, before on destruction derby scenario made by Scepheo on lowest graphics possible i got like 10-20 fps, now on med/high (dynamic reflections off) I'm getting stable +40fps, just wow (with V sync, so any suttering). Pretty well done, it's going to be possible to have real races now ( excited as hell :) ). Way better thermal simulation now, that's what I wanted to see.

I've noticed that setting FOV to +10 gives way better feeling of speed, should be set as default IMHO.

I don't see any gfx performance improvement have it been done? Still same FPS on same settings, maybe just a bit more stable.

Also while doing some fun I saw that there's problem with reversing in cars like 200BX and Bolide Group4, a lot of rev jumps like 0.5-2k rpm very rapidly and no acceleration on flat ground - tested with keyboard only.

I feel dizzy too while using default preset of chase camera mod, I know it's WIP, just to let you know that it's pretty common issue.

New bushes are really catchy, sometimes hitting just end of branch or just leaves makes car to change it's driving direction a lot, which usually result in crashing or spinning out. Setting hitting box to center of bush only would be way better IMO. Well IRL bushes are pretty hard to break or move, but not when you are in over 1ton vehicle, here's nice example of what I mean I guess tress are even harder to beat.

And one last thing I noticed, cars seems to be catchy almost like before updating this issue, which makes doing destruction derby not possible again.

Overall I'm very happy with this update, great new map and car, great job BeamNG team ( as always :) ) I'll be testing next things later tommorow... eh? It's 2:15am (right now in my country), dear God, I thought I played only a short while, so... I'll testing next things later today.

@Edit - added video as example

#103 Drivver, Apr 20, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2016
  4. SushiPro

SushiPro
    Expand Collapse

Literally unplayable. Just look at how the hinge for the miramar opens.

Jk. Also, there's a spike in the hood for frontal crashes

5. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

Incredible update. Just wanted to share my opinion on the new 'Chase?' camera.

The more intuitive direction it's heading, more helpful when driving than the normal camera.

Dislikes:
    Looks bad when rolling the car,
    I sometimes find myself looking through the ground/walls:
    ---- i.e. I land on my side near a rock and I can only see the rocks texture.
    ---- i.e. I land upside-down and see through the ground.
    I really dislike the appearance effect of the camera re-centering during respawn of a car, It's ugly, and I feel slightly motion sick,

Overall: I like it, I hope it improves.

6. mumboking

mumboking
    Expand Collapse

It's at the very bottom of the screen. It's also red.

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

It is because of your absurd number of mods. Please uninstall mods before reporting any vehicle bugs.
    --- Post updated ---
    ETK mods need to be updated because the engine was moved to common. Not a bug.

8. GameNoobTV

GameNoobTV
    Expand Collapse

If you roll the Miramar, sometimes the wheel will shake violently like a kid that just chugged a Pepsi. The force feedback is loud, obnoxious and annoying.

Sidenote: Are windshield wiper going to work soon? I know it's probably not a top priority, but they are always there, especially in the cars .DAE, but they don't function.

9. whitelightning12

whitelightning12
    Expand Collapse

I'm not sure if this camera view is in all the maps yet but when you go over a certain hill in utah the game speed automatically slows down and the camera is at fixed point following the car. Looks like an interesting new camera view.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

@Nadeox1 will it be possible to adjust the outside camera modes like internal cam?

(or is it already possible?)

11. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

You found the new observer camera mode that'll be used for scenarios, jumps, etc. It's not completely ready yet.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Occam's Razer

Occam's Razer
    Expand Collapse

I love Utah [still could use a bit more color contrast between the cliffs and level surfaces, but that's neither here nor there], but the signs bother me. Mostly the chevrons above the guardrails, as they tend to pop into existance, and don't really look much like US-style chevrons to me. The posts holding them up should also be nearly as wide as the posts holding the guardrails up.

screenshot_00254.png

To a lesser extent, the navigational signs also look a bit off. Could be the typeface, capitalization, or possibly the scale. As a for-instance:

The typeface should be Interstate in all caps (though Blue Highway would be far cheaper), with wide letter-spacing.

A goldmine of info and a legion of public domain texture-ready images here:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_signs_in_the_United_States

I know this sounds pretty nit-picky, but road signs are standardized by national, state, and municipal governments, so the residents of the places being portrayed will very quickly notice when something seems out of the ordinary. It's just one of those little details that can make or break a sense of place.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Reactor_4aec

Reactor_4aec
    Expand Collapse

Overall the update is great! The Utah map looks quite nice. However I will have to agree with Occam's Razer. As a US resident those arrow signs looked really wrong to me immediately. I expect them to look like the ones in the real life example picture he provided. That should be an easy thing to fix though. Like he said, the details can really make or break a scene.

• Like Like x 2
  14. MaxMcSween

MaxMcSween
    Expand Collapse

thanks

15. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I see people talking in YouTube comments about how something in this update made the game feel arcadey, like Need for Speed. Both the camera and the handling have been mentioned. Has the latter changed and can the former be changed back by the user?

16. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The old camera is still there, same as before. Set your default camera to "orbit". Handling hasn't changed, other than some relatively minor suspension changes on a few cars.

17. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

So in other words, there is no need for these people to be upset.

18. Ukkone...

Ukkone...
    Expand Collapse

Ok so i didn't find said inputmaps folder, i made that name folder but didn't help. Support ticket number 634 :)

19. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

If we set the default camera to (orbit) can we have the camera start in the (rear facing forward) when spawning the vehicle when the game is first started?

instead of looking up through the map? (its minor) but I thought i'd ask. :)

Pictures attached

Thanks

Attached Files:

• Capture.PNG
    • Capture.PNG
  20. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Also, judging by a video I found... does the Vanster have a cool new sound, or was that a mod the guy had?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice