1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0-60 Times Realistic?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by garyjpaterson, Oct 7, 2013.

1. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

After a quick google search, i found the Crown Vic can do 0-60mph in around 8.7-9.7 seconds. Is the default Grand Marshall overpowered or what, cos i can do a 6.77s 0-60.

2. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

The the Grand Marshall is slightly more powerful then the Crown Victoria. With the automatic my 0-60 is about 7.8.

3. EthanJM

EthanJM
    Expand Collapse

I thought the 0-60 times were a bit on the quick side as well. The game does simulate an automatic pretty well though, my times are much faster if I use manual.

4. garyjpaterson

garyjpaterson
    Expand Collapse

Yeah never thought, those times were probably using automatic gearbox, i was going manual.

5. CTJacob

CTJacob
    Expand Collapse

The Crown Vic had about 215hp, Grand Marshal has 250hp.

also 451N·m of torque versus 382.

#5 CTJacob, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  6. EthanJM

EthanJM
    Expand Collapse

This was very interesting. I found this calculator here.
    http://www.torquestats.com/modified...ve=FWD&bhp=123&weight=964.11&submit=Calculate

I calculated the covet, 123 bhp @ 964.11kg. 0-60 time according to the calculator was 7.9 seconds. In game using manual I was able to get 7.88. That is spot on there.

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.torquestats.com/modified...e=RWD&bhp=260&weight=1802.16&submit=Calculate

That is what it had for the grand marshal, 0-60 was 7.5 seconds, in game I managed a 6.74. The calculator isn't perfect though. From real world experience I was able to beat it. A previous car I had was this.
    http://www.torquestats.com/modified...ve=FWD&bhp=90&weight=952.544&submit=Calculate

And I pulled it off a 0-60 in 9.9 seconds.

7. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

The cars may have a bit too much power. I think I was aiming for 100 hp for the Covet and 230 hp for the Grand Marshal/D15/H-Series V8. There's a friction value in there (in N-M) so I added to the torque curve appropriately to compensate for the power reduction, maybe too much.

Also keep in mind that these are all driverless cars in BeamNG. A real 0-60 test is run with a ~200 pound human in the car.

8. AbdulAziz

AbdulAziz
    Expand Collapse

i think the grand marshal is based on the buick roadmaster which is faster than the CROWN VIC ...but i guess the grand marshal is a bit faster than the buick .

So if its faster than the buick and crown maybe its a combination between the caprice SS(impala ss 95) and the buick . did i solve it ?

9. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

it's not based on the roadmaster

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice