1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.8.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elias Perris

Elias Perris
    Expand Collapse

What the hell, i can't drive or change gears or anything i can only turn the steering wheel.....

2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Please read the first post............

Turn of the G27 LED option under OPTIONS > GAMEPLAY.
    Issue will be solved once of all real soon, we are working on it.

3. Josh

Josh
    Expand Collapse

What was changed in the GFX engine?

My 960M 4GB laptop got one huge fps boost from 0.7.2. to 0.8

4. zagdima

zagdima
    Expand Collapse

Loading World editors takes up to 2-3 times longer and texture editor the same time up to 2-3 times longer. Before If load world editor for the 1st time it takes some time but if load it again on the same map it loads very fast. Now it loads for second time almost like for the first time - long. I have I7-4790 and you destroyed the game. Fix this please.

5. lxlpartyb0ylxl

lxlpartyb0ylxl
    Expand Collapse

Hoping you guys can help, It seems when I am driving the sport cars they are extremely hard to handle. I start to drive and the cars start to Spin Out and spiral in a circle, doesn't really shift into 2nd and rarely makes it to 3rd. I have not only disabled Mods, but deleted them from the Mods Folder. I also made sure there were no additions folders in the Vehicles folder. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but its doing the same thing. G27 disabled, Any ideas? Mode is set to Arcade.

6. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Not a big issue here but anyway. Also ive not tried without mods but i have cleared cache and dont seem to have any other issues.
    When running the campaign and for example doing on of the races, if i restart the race three times, the third time i cant adjust the orbit camera using the NUMPAD. I always back up the camera a bit and also 'raise' it. The fourth time though i can adjust it again so problem gone. Happened 3 times now :) As i said, not a big deal and i havent tried a clean install.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

That doesn't depend on the CPU.
    We are aware of the issue and looking into it.
    Can't guarantee the fix will be coming in the next hotfix, as we want to be sure it's completely stable.
    It will be surely fixed sometime very soon.

I know it's annoying, but 'Destroyed' the game is a bit exaggerate.
    It works, it just takes longer to do stuff (Not saying it's ok..)

What sport car? What are you using to drive?

8. lxlpartyb0ylxl

lxlpartyb0ylxl
    Expand Collapse

Bolid 320 and Bolid 390, I am playing on my Laptop and on a Desktopp with Basic Keyboard.

9. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

Those kind of cars (old, powerful, light, no electronic aids) were a handful to drive, a rolling suicide box. The new powertrain made their behaviour more realistic, and using a keyboard is certainly not helping control them! You need to tap the accelerator key very carefully if you don't want to spin out.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Love the new update but the smooth rotate in free camera mode no longer works it's just like being in free camera mode.

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Known issue
    For now, use the Photomode (It acts exactly as the old camera). Press ALT+U to hide UI. Not perfect, but will do it for now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Insanegaz

Insanegaz
    Expand Collapse

Sorry didn't see it in the Known issues but thanks will give that a try till the fix comes :D Merry Christmas.

13. Landie_Man

Landie_Man
    Expand Collapse

First of all; I'd like to say that I LOVE the update and the caravan is very very cool indeed!

One thing I noted though; the new LeGran, would the base spec model not have had wind up windows? Its a very very minor skin issue, just an observation really! Everything else is superb!
    --- Post updated ---

14. epictimmy

epictimmy
    Expand Collapse

Welp, I don't know whether it's my potato computer or something, but the new Campaign. <:\ I'm very sad because it loads SOO slow. Then I only see half of the great cut scenes. Then I lost my progress on the campaign when I switched to Gmail and came back to Beamng only to find that the screen was light gray and not responding. It then crashed shortly after. I don't know if it's the ole' Torque engine trying its best or if I need 32 GB of RAM or something. However, I am very happy that physics have improved trememdously! Now I can have 2 cars in the game for once and not worry about lag. Thnx for all you've done, Merry Christmas! :)

15. Spec Racer Z

Spec Racer Z
    Expand Collapse

Having a lot of fun with the update so far, already messed around in the garage and quickplay and did a playthrough of the new campaign and scenario with a 360 controller. Only glitch so far has been a replay screeching at me when I tried to close it, but I know to expect hiccups with it. Thoroughly happy to have replays with built-in sound in any case.

One thing I'd like to request is a separate audio slider for the interface sound effects (the dinging effects in the garage, the checkpoint sounds) and the car sound effects. It's not too bad in the new campaign or bigger scenarios, but on small tracks in quickplay where checkpoints are only a couple seconds apart it starts to get grating to hear a metallic chime almost as loud as your car with a second long decay constantly. The thunk sound effect as you scroll through options in the garage also seem uncomfortably loud compared to the engine noise and rest of the game. Worst case I can just drop the volume of the files themselves, but I'd really appreciate having customization options in-game for it.

An extra note, it's nice to see the AI coming along in the new campaign. They seemed to be a fair enough challenge in terms of their racing pace and could react to bumps decently unless they happened in certain spots. They seemed to have some trouble overtaking you cleanly even when left room however, but narrow canyon off-roading and narrow hill pass racing aren't exactly easy overtaking conditions so that could be skewing things a bit.

• Like Like x 1
  16. JayPlaysBeamNG

JayPlaysBeamNG
    Expand Collapse

At least for Christmas I'm getting a G27
    Pray the hotfoot comes before X-Mas...
    --- Post updated ---
    for me I get smooth rotating

17. Rolph

Rolph
    Expand Collapse

I have a question:
    Is there any way I can change free camera rotation speed? Movement speed is ok, but rotation feels quite slow.

One other thing:
    This is not an issue just for this update(it has been like this for some time), but is the F7 thing working as it is supposed to? I can place a car using F7 just fine and it works as a resetting place(not home place) like I think it should be.
    I remember that F7 used to not reset car, but to transport it to its resetting place keeping the damage. Now it sometimes resets the car, but sometimes it replaces it to its starting place with keeping the damage (what I expect from it). Bigger issue is that sometimes the F7 just resets car in a random place(not the home place or the place where I placed the car with F7 earlier)

English is not my main language and I often have trouble explaining things, but I hope you understood

18. EvilSoul

EvilSoul
    Expand Collapse

I'd like to report quite annoying suspension bug of Gavril D series (and possibly Roamer)

The bug can be reproduced while trying to raise ride height using Solid Front Axle on Gavril D Series. Values in range of 90 to 100% Ride Height result in front left front wheel twisting independently of front right wheel. The vehicle pulls to the left and is a bit unpredictable.

I know the arrows I drew are innacurate but you can easily reproduce the issue :)

Attached Files:

• 2016-12-232.png
    • 2016-12-233.png
    • 2016-12-234.png
    • 2016-12-23.png
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Great update. Possibly the best of the year.

Love the new vehicles and the new options for the existing vehicles. Got a nice FPS boost, too.

Still a bit unfamiliar with the new powertrain system. A welcome addition, but the online documentation could be better.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I hope the G920 crashing gets fixed for christmas. im getting a g920 and i really want to play beamng when i get it. (There is a way to fix it until the hotfix right?)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice