1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.8.0.1 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Dec 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

EDIT: This is not true. Please delete this post and the other

#101 1UZ-FE, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2016
  2. jakepolo

jakepolo
    Expand Collapse

The column shifter on the LeGran clips through the steering wheel in first gear. It also just kind of moves at a odd angle.

Attached Files:

• 20161221205341_1.jpg
  3. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

UPDATE: A lot of the issues I was having was triggered by mods. I'm now going through which mods I can keep, and which mods I will have to discard.

#103 MisterKenneth, Dec 22, 2016
  4. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

is there a app to change low to high and to lock diffs only way ive found is by preesing escape

5. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Ok so looked into it, seems like something is just broken. I have a freshly installed game as it downloaded, the default D series spawns with a fatal exception everytime. When I spawn a new one it will load with the same error. However one time it just randomly started working, but then broke once again on reload. Seems something weird is going one. Other people say the same thing happens with various cars also.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SMW22792

SMW22792
    Expand Collapse

Why was the rev limiter fuel cut sound effect removed?

7. youdidwhat!!

youdidwhat!!
    Expand Collapse

th
    there never was one (was there? ) must have been a mod you were using
    --- Post updated ---
    try what I said above for some reason adding the clio fixed my game lol

8. DuneWulff

DuneWulff
    Expand Collapse

In the world editor, the camera doesn't seem to want to change from the "smooth rotate" camera. Despite having the "free camera" selected, the smooth rotate camera seems to stay active. Mildly annoying.
    Also, and I don't know if this is a bug or not so I'm not including it here but here's a weird problem I've had since the newest update.
    Untitled.png

9. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

Another fantastic update... after reading through all the bugs to make sure this one wasn't mentioned yet, this is the only hiccup I had. When playing through all the scenarios. (I did all of them to get the achievements) Every once in awhile after restarting a scenario multiple times, I would get one to load up that, for whatever reason, when I drove through a checkpoint (any and every one for that scenario) I would get a massive lag spike. So much so that the game would freeze for a solid second which, naturally, when it unfroze, I wouldn't be ready and would wreck. It would do this for every checkpoint I drove through until I restarted the scenario. Then it would be business as usual. This could happen in any scenario in all 3 career options. The first one I encountered it on was the driving school with the moonhawk going for a lap. Naturally I wasn't good enough and had to restart a few times (ok more than a few) and eventually this little hang up happened. It is reproducible, but not easily.

10. iheartmods

iheartmods
    Expand Collapse

Just click on the icons

11. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

I like the new powertrain system, along with the new color system and campaign.

Although, I don't like the replacement of the numpad's camera controls for function controls when the menu is open or within garage mode. I know that this is for the controller support, but I use keyboard and mouse everyday. I used the numpad for camera controls in every mode, including the menu when I'm changing the parts on a car. These should be an option within settings...

I took quite some time to make this, I think someone has already posted this.

#111 Godzilla!, Dec 22, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 5
  12. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I forgot to mention this. I absolutely don't like it. Because of it, I can't rotate the camera when I have any menus open.

By "These should be an option within settings" does that mean I can't go into the controls and either remove them or change them?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

I can't seem to play the update, even after disabling all mods and clearing the cache. I cannot control my car at all ,even though I can move the camera with mouse and controller, and change the camera position. I just can't drive.
    20161221213546_1.jpg
    That's what I'm stuck on.
    Reinstalling the game didn't work.

#113 crazikyle, Dec 22, 2016
  14. Godzilla!

Godzilla!
    Expand Collapse

Like a check box called "Use Controller Supported Controls" or related. Basically a way to enable/disable the function controls for the numpad.

15. Diggit_nz

Diggit_nz
    Expand Collapse

Q button

• Like Like x 1
  16. JDMGuy

JDMGuy
    Expand Collapse

The exact same thing is happening here. Some of the cars spawn and work fine, but most of them just spawn and give a message "fatal vehicle error...".

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. 1UZ-FE

1UZ-FE
    Expand Collapse

Also untrue. It was error on my end.

#117 1UZ-FE, Dec 22, 2016
  18. christianzee2002

christianzee2002
    Expand Collapse

For me the game tops out at 30 fps. before the update it was a steady 60. When I press j to freeze the game it still stops at 30

19. ClassyClassic

ClassyClassic
    Expand Collapse

In the updated Garage Mode, while using an XBox One controller, I've found it is very frustrating to use. I have further detailed my general impressions below.

My Initial Impressions:
    ----------------------------------------
    Many times it requires redundant 'A' clicks to get to a certain part. I believe some of this has to do with the implementation of the 'Extras' on the right-hand side. The 'Extras' should be a subsection of the main system, not something that I have to choose between all of the time. The other issue is when I select a subset to modify, I then have to click again in order to cycle down the lists.

It took me a while to realize this function is controlled by the bumpers. I guess 'Menu Left/Right' being circles instead of bumper shapes confused me.

I didn't even know I was removing a part until it was gone.

Changing between parts is clunky as it resets you back to the beginning of the first entry in the page in between each change.

Visualizing what has actually happened after each change is hard as the car is reset to its full shape, and the fact that there is no preview of the new items.

I quite enjoy how the different categories show only the parts contained.

I wish there was a smart zoom into the changed parts, like how GTA 5 does it.

If opening a menu item, and deciding that I don't want to change anything, sometimes I am trapped in the menu, and 'B' won't free me until I chose a different option or remove (and have to re-add) the part I wanted.

It is hard to tell which parts are equipped. A wrench icon or something would be very handy.

Changing the Time/Day/Night parameters with the controller is near impossible. This is due to the high precision of the selection bar, and the fact that a single button press with the arrow keys only means incrementing one unit in the high precision bar.

I ended up breaking the 'Play' feature (the sunlight moving across the room)
    ----------------------------------------

Overall I find this new Garage feature to be quite awesome! It is really beginning to feel more like a real game, and this selection style will make the career modes much more enjoyable. :)

I hope my long and harsh thoughts are helpful.

#119 ClassyClassic, Dec 22, 2016
  20. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Do you have the framerate cap on in settings? It could be a driver update also, maybe AMD Crimson Relive did something. (If you have an AMD GPU.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice