1. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

0.9 Discussion/Feedback/Bugs-Reporting Thread - READ #1 POST!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nadeox1, Apr 14, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amon_igre

amon_igre
    Expand Collapse

flying trees

2. RetroStevie

RetroStevie
    Expand Collapse

Found in East Coast, USA.

Just a tree in the middle of a driveway..

Attached Files:

• 20170416203803_1.jpg
  3. cagecode

cagecode
    Expand Collapse

You guy have a habit of releasing these things when I'm on vacation. It's happened three times in a row now. :confused:

Anyways, I have to say that this is a WONDERFUL update! The AI is much better at cornering speed estimation, and it's actually competent now! Where I used to only drive the same loop on East Coast because the AI would crash everywhere else, I can practice on other courses now!

There were only a few things I noticed, none of them major:
    • The drifting respawn point is back: if you select different vehicles, the respawn point will drift more and more with each successive vehicle choice
    • The Hopper feels like it has extremely well-damped suspension. It certainly doesn't lurch or bounce like I expected from a lifted offroad vehicle. It could have amazing shock absorbers, but it seems a little too good to me.
    • It seems like the landau top on the Le Gran is more of a carriage top:

Other than some minor gripes, this is an amazing update! Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go put another hundred hours into this...

4. NoxiousFumes

NoxiousFumes
    Expand Collapse

Pretty sure soccer balls don't float like this in real life
    upload_2017-4-16_16-7-21.png
    Oh, and also AI can't chase the soccer ball, it doesn't show up in the list? Intentional?

5. Acid_Bubble

Acid_Bubble
    Expand Collapse

Having fun with the Ibishu hopper, probably my favorite to drive now :)

Also, I can finally have high speed crashes now without massive lag, great update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

This is yet again a awesome update :)
    The hopper is so fun to drive around, and it deforms very well I must say.
    And the new camera angels, just fantastic stuff (But how do you switch modes *TV* and *Fan*, I guess I have just seen the TV mode?)
    And again thank you all for an great update.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

In external camera, every couple of seconds a new cameraman s spawned. 90% of the times it's a TV cameraman, 10% its a fan camera. Fan camera always spawns around eye-level heights, does not fly over at speed but hovers around its initial position, predicts the car position worse, unintentionally tilts the cam, which has slower zooming function, etc etc.
    If you park the car and hit Numpad-5 a few dozen times you will notice the fan cameraman a few times, focusing different parts of the car over time.

• Informative Informative x 8
  8. Acrain7

Acrain7
    Expand Collapse

will there be an ability to change between the two?

9. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if it's a bug, or just something about car physics I don't know about, but there is a very odd behavior with the custom config of the ETK-I I made (attached in zip file).

When drifting at steep angles, the car quickly loses all power, even though the engine is at high revs, and the turbo gauge shows high pressure.

Found the problem. I was still using an AWD transfer case despite having taken out the front diff.

Attached Files:

#329 TheMohawkNinja, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  10. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I've played around with the camera and I've found it quite fun to experiment and have fun with. It can make anything seem much more interesting.

I can see that the camera works similarly to the camera mods we had a while back, in the sense that the camera position itself is quite far away and it just uses altering fov. That creates some really good looking shots but the drawback is that environment quality degrades due to the distance of the camera. Are you going to improve that for the future?

Actually, iirc beam used to have an system that let the environment texture quality improve/worsen depending on the fov used (in photo mode for example). Why was that scrapped?

11. kaytc

kaytc
    Expand Collapse

Traction control?

12. killstreak451

killstreak451
    Expand Collapse

1 question were getting close to version 1.0(probaly beta)
    what will be in it?

13. lifcik

lifcik
    Expand Collapse

Hi!

Don't know if it's a bug but while playing quick play the game remember your laps and record them so you can see them in a menu. Fastest to slowest which car used etc. Just happend to notice that if in menu you choose one car and load and then while playing you swap a car for different one the game will still remember times but it won't accaunt for different car so the remembered times from second car are being recorded in stats under the name of the first car.

Second problem I'm having with quick play is when I try to bypass problem mentioned above and I just go back to main menu and try to play quick play and I try to change a map after clicking on that the window pops up but instead haveing different levels to choose from there is nothing just white backround.

I don't know if this is only problems on my side but it is clean reinstal no mods cleared casche.

Ps. Apologise for bad english/grammar not my native language.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

That's not how versions work. If they stay in alpha the next version will simply be 0.10 then 0.11. It doesn't have to roll over to 1.0

15. The Gas Station

The Gas Station
    Expand Collapse

I love this update! I've been waiting for some off-roader for a long time, and this little hopper is fantastic! The tire simulation is also great, and I don't know if it's the physics or the tires, but the cars just feel sort of more predictable.

A few bugs I've found:

-In the new scenario "Cliff Jump" you can't get a failure screen.

-After you play in quickrace mode, and then close it (by switching to freeroam), if you then try to open quickrace again, it doesn't work: the level selector becomes empty, and clicking the 'start' button does nothing. I managed to replicate it multiple times.

No mods are active of course.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. TheMohawkNinja

TheMohawkNinja
    Expand Collapse

It doesn't have traction control.

I just figured out the issue. I took out the front differential, but it was still running a AWD transfer case.

17. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

The "Drift" configuration of the 200BX is currently spawning sans wing:
    screenshot_00009.png

Also, the criminals in the "Bank Robbery" Scenario are consistently crashing without my being anywhere near them. Is this a possible issue related to the new AI crash detection system?
    screenshot_00008.png

18. nobadesuuchan

nobadesuuchan
    Expand Collapse

The rear wheels on the hopper aren't lined up with the body right

19. Nissan Skyline

Nissan Skyline
    Expand Collapse

Beamng Changelog:
    • 200BX: New suspension geometry and alignment, aero tuning, reduced power of stage 1 turbo, removed wing from “Drift” config to improve predictability, added wing to “Demon” config, made ‘Nomi’ and ‘BlastR’ skin colorable, added ‘TuningStudio’ skin

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Whoops.

On a side note, if removing the wing adds predictability, the devs thought that the "Demon" config needed less predictability?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice