WIP 1929 Burnside Model-T Pickup ( Hot Rod Build Thread )

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by Matchbox201, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

isn't one of those the MTgridmap? don't know what all you are working on

• Like Like x 1
  2. Car Crusher Creative

Car Crusher Creative
    Expand Collapse

I made this thread come alive in a few minutes... Damn.

And there is no chat again... Great.

#102 Car Crusher Creative, Apr 12, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
  3. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Yes it is - actually I've been working on the forum thread for that today. Releasing that map(alpha) in like 10 minutes :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Car Crusher Creative

Car Crusher Creative
    Expand Collapse

I will reply to it first! Even though I cant try it!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shelby 427

Shelby 427
    Expand Collapse

nice

• Like Like x 1
  6. mrKKOT

mrKKOT
    Expand Collapse

Sounds good to me!:D

• Like Like x 1
  7. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

This is awesome! We need this!

• Like Like x 1
  8. dominique Hall

dominique Hall
    Expand Collapse

im interested in learning how to create cars from scartch for beamNG. I understand that blender3d is one of the things thats used to create Beamng cars. Is there a way to make a car for beam ng drive without a blueprint becuase there is,nt a blueprint for every car I want to make a first generation acura cl mod for beam ng drive and theres no blue print for it I want to go beyond making just the skin for the 1997 acura 2.2cl I want to be able to make a acura cl mod to have p[retty much the same stuff as the real life on has such as the 145hp 147lb ft torque 2.2l i-4 engine can someone show give me hands on experience on how this is done?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Tesla66

Tesla66
    Expand Collapse

A stock version would be cool, boring (for some) but cool. I'd like a car from the 20's!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

That's pretty much the attitude I had before I started modding :p I would say unless you have "mad skillz" in Blender already - then just avoid modeling things from scratch. You'd have to be an incredibly talented artist, to model it with or without a blueprint. If you can find something similar, you could probably tweak model to look like an Acura with limited skills - kind of like how I am doing with this vehicle. I was actually going to rip "Boneshaker" from Hot Wheels Worlds Best Driver, but this seemed more ethical, and a heck of a lot easier :)

My advice would be to start small. Dig into the game and start modding little things.
    Make an Acura 2.2 engine , and stick it in a Pessima or something :) Then put an Acura grill on it. And some new headlights, ect. It'll be easier than making a whole car from scratch. Eventually you might find your skills and understanding improve, and you'll be able to make whatever you want.

• Like Like x 1
  11. SimplyGaming

SimplyGaming
    Expand Collapse

How close to release is this? It looks pretty good from the pictures

12. dominique Hall

dominique Hall
    Expand Collapse

My purpose for wanting to do this is becuaes I have an entress in wanting to dynotest cars theres a software out there thats called TTDyno and I figure if I create cars as real as possible for beamNG I can do a WOT run in beamNG. I dont have experience with blender3d. If a car is being created without a blueprint is it being created out of the default cube thats in blender?

13. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

I think it's a great idea! Yes you can start with a cube, a plane, a cylinder. Really any shape you want, and just.. Blender it up! Lots of people here willing to help you understand it. The wiki has all the information you need, but sometimes hard to understand it at first, because there is SO much. But if you study small parts, and keep doing what you are doing, asking questions, trying things, someday we may have first Acura in game, able to go WOT into walls and off cliffs :)
    Pictures are deceiving... Current state of mod looks like this : \
    @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL and I are going to work together to "get it er' dun", but it will still take us time between other mods and work/family obligations.

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00071.png
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. dominique Hall

dominique Hall
    Expand Collapse

Im trying hard to help myself understand to. theres the software thats called TTDyno and its a dynotesting software that dynotest cars wheel horspower and wheel torque thats based on accleration,time and rpm what mean by WOT is Wide open throtle run. You should look up this TTDyno software im talking about. I see beamng drive as the best source of dynotesting and I would like to create many real life like cars for beamNG starting with a 97 acura 2.2CL becuase I dont have acess to real cars to dyno tests.

15. Y4123

Y4123
    Expand Collapse

16. Matchbox201

Matchbox201
    Expand Collapse

Closest thing we have in game to dyno tune at the moment is the torque curve app, which would basically be the results of a WOT dyno run.
    So yea, I like your idea :D just don't get discouraged trying to figure things out. Give lots of time.
    upload_2017-4-24_20-33-47.png
    I know DX

I am kicking myself for starting this thread so long ago. Just not able to mod day and night, and that is almost what it requires.

17. MilanKD

MilanKD
    Expand Collapse

Very, Very cool

18. dominique Hall

dominique Hall
    Expand Collapse

Does the power torque curve app in beamNG measure power and torque at the crank or at the wheels?

19. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is from crank if I recall correctly, what you input in jbeam is not however what you get at crank as there are losses applied to that, so that it will always be bit less than what you set to jbeam, then wheel torque has losses from powertrain applied.

Things get then bit complicated if you are looking at dyno sheet that is wheel power, so you have to add bit power to jbeam to get actual numbers, but then if you have real numbers from crank you have to compensate only for engine losses from dynamic friction etc. that happens in game.

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. Inertia

Inertia
    Expand Collapse

Wheels AFAIK.

edit: ninja'd and now im doubting myself :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice