Cancelled 1939 Fiat 1100A "Musone" - 1939 ETK Familie - Help Appreciated

Discussion in 'Land' started by King of Unnecessary Saves, May 20, 2019.

1. tobias95ng

tobias95ng
    Expand Collapse

were did i say that it is based on the opel ?

2. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

You didn't. But you were supporting this claim:
    ... by saying:
    You also completely misunderstood my parallel with the Opel Olympia on page 1...

3. mxer125

mxer125
    Expand Collapse

How about Fait 1100?
    Do you know what im talking about? :p

4. King of Unnecessary Saves

King of Unnecessary Saves
    Expand Collapse

Forget the frame, I'm working on the engine now. I'd post pics, but I'm too lazy. I kinda messed up, not making everything solid, and starting some work off as a plane, but I'll fix it as soon as I get back on it.

5. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

I'm also having trouble turning off the mirror modifier for engine detailing.

Attached Files:

• DriveshaftStarted.jpg
  6. sabinoplane

sabinoplane
    Expand Collapse

Progress is looking great! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to drive it around!
    Also! I really think ETK doesn't fit the car at all! If Autobello was founded too late, why not invent a brand that existed before it and later was bought/absorbed by autobello? Kinda like Burnside existed before Gavril!

7. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I'd do the opposite.

Autobianchi - closest real-life reference Autobello is declaredly based upon - was founded in 1955 as a joint-venture between the spun-off automotive division of Bianchi and FIAT, with the partecipation of Pirelli.

So, the BeamNG equivalent of FIAT could have built this one, then provided a technical base for Autobello to build the Piccolina on, and then acquired the Autobello brand later.

8. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

autobianchi, for the fist part of it's life cicle, built fiat 500s with a different body and called them the bianchina trasformabile/convertibile/berlina"televisore"/panoramica. they always produced small luxurious cars (the a111 existed but it was a flop) and never achieved big numbers so i don't see them producing a low cost/high number car lke the piccolina

9. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

I know, but that's the game lore for you.

Autobello as a brand draws quite some inspiration from Autobianchi by their own admission (late foundation, cheap but not basic market positioning... down to the"AB" company name and the Piccolina nameplate in turn meant to echo the Stellina by Autobianchi).

While I do see your point, I don't see Autobello marketing such a well-accomplished car just a few years after foundation either. Not without some historied partner backing them up, much like Autobianchi.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. sabinoplane

sabinoplane
    Expand Collapse

Problem with this would be... Future models of official fiat-based vehicles would be named autobello probably, which would break this lore you are making here, wouldn't it? That's why i suggest making a new brand previous to autobello that was leter absorbed by autobello, because that seems to be the thing that would conflict least with the lore

11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

It wouldn't make much sense for a previous brand to be absorbed by Autobello. Autobello is based on ill-conceived lore - no way a newcomer would be able to build a car like the Piccolina in just a few years after foundation, nevermind absorb a competitor - so future italian mainstream vehicles might as well be branded as something else for all we know, if we get any.

12. sabinoplane

sabinoplane
    Expand Collapse

You are right, my comment was based on mere speculation... So I guess both your and my option was valid. In a more helpful tone, we should give some ideas for the new brand's name in case the dev decides to go with our suggestions. One option would be "Fait" which has been used previously in the mod "Fait One" Sadly i think that mod now is abandoned, but the idea for the brand could be taken. It'd fit your idea better than mine, Autobello would be Autobianchi and Fait would be Fiat, however if we get modern official Autobello vehicles (or fan-made for that matter) it might break the Fait lore unless its somehow made non-intrusive (like saying Fait survived as a section of Autobello and both Autobello and Fait vehicles are released?)

13. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

Sorry that it's been on hold for a while, I've just been interested in other things lately. I might get to work on it next week, but everyone shouldn't be too optimistic. Also, this mod, like the Fintray, isn't supposed to be exact. I'm not gonna go out of my way to make it perfect, as I'm not that extreme. I'll try to make it close though, as close as an absolute beginner like myself can make it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  14. sabinoplane

sabinoplane
    Expand Collapse

Don't worry, nobody is asking for exactitude or perfection. This is beamNG and you're making a fictional car (ETK Familie) so go wild, invent, have fun, work at your own pace and do what you want with your mod, we were merely making suggestions and trying to help :p

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

I just implemented the floor, but it's all very rough.

Edit: I kind of messed up, my 2 sources weren't exactly accurate.

Attached Files:

• FloorImplemented.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  16. 98corolla

98corolla
    Expand Collapse

everyone in my country called it fiat konde, so when i say fiat 110 no one understand

17. King of Unnecessary Saves

Expand Collapse

Unfortunately, I've really done nothing with this project in 44 days. I doubt it'll ever get finished. Thus, it will be listed as cancelled. I may continue to model it, but until then, it'll remain quiet. (I watched a Soviet Sci-Fi movie last night where there was this really neat earlier 508, from 1934. I doubt I'm gonna start modelling something entirely new, but the idea of modelling it is enticing.)

• Like Like x 1
  18. jerrie

jerrie
    Expand Collapse

Too bad it was cancelled, it was looking very promising
    Although i hope you bring it back, if you dont, im fine with that

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice