Outdated 1944 Stryder Propeller

Discussion in 'Land' started by Atlas, Aug 2, 2017.

1. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Those are actually edge splits. They're practically everywhere. I tried to fix it myself but I realized it was split. I think there is a way to manually merge split edges, but Idk if it will mess up the UVs or not. Could someone shed some light on this?

When Atlas sent me the model as an .obj, the edges that were marked "hard" were split automatically by Blender. Now why he didn't send me the .blend is beyond me, but I can at-least make do with the .obj, as long as it's not messed up.

By the way, I need to correct something I must've said to Atlas earlier in PM before someone comes back and rips on everyone for something that isn't true;

If Atlas wishes to correct these issues, he can send me an updated version of the model for me to re-scale and re-center with fresh UVs. Otherwise, my work is strictly to get the vehicle in game with a good and adequate JBeam, functional props, glowmaps, materials, and just about everything else needed to get the vehicle fully in-game.

I could've swore I edited the message I sent him removing any reference that would keep him from sending me a fixed model, but I guess not. It's his mod and his design, and he's also in charge of the primary visuals. I can't tell him no if he thinks he can fix the issues that have been brought up.

Same here :p The Stryder logo even reminds me a bit of a Propeller :p

I actually didn't know of that, I had previously done all my shading corrections on my mods with an in-game reference. It works surprisingly well; I will note this tool for my future projects ;)

Or if I don't do it in game, I use flat shading to align polys and check flow. Plenty of ways to correct shading :D

2. Plymouth Superbird 1970

Plymouth Superbird 1970
    Expand Collapse

Haha f*ck yea! This has restored my faith in the beamNG mods and modders! I am very happy this has made it into the game. The first 1940's car created [and functioning] ever for beamng.

3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Actually not the first, that right goes to Mythbuster and his 1949 Cadillac. It is a first in a long time though, so I can give you that.

4. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

I can easily picture this oddity of a car making millions on the BeamNG auction circuit. I can see them in the BeamNG concourses. I imagine that the Beam Jay Leno owns one. I can imagine that the story behind this short-lived marque is as interesting as that of Tucker or Avions-Voisin.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

I'll say, there are some rather 'boxy' parts but overall it's beautiful, let's hope that it crashes that way too ;)

6. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

Crash it!? Why in the world would you willingly crash this piece of art?

7. Brett

Brett
    Expand Collapse

Selecting those edges and removing the doubles from it would not effect the UV in any way, you'd be fine to go ahead and do it.

8. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

This is BeamNG.

9. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

It's made for crashing, no?

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Doesn't mean it's made strictly for crashing cars all the time... It simulates also other real life situations, you know?

11. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Like racing and drifting.... And crashing...

12. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Racing, drifting, offroading, towing, rallying, jumping, crusing, drag racing, flying etc.

13. Gavril T85

Gavril T85
    Expand Collapse

14. jjjjj

jjjjj
    Expand Collapse

if it was a demo derby variation i could crash it and not feel bad but if it is a stock well then time for some driving till i run out of gas or get crashed by the ai

15. Car8john

Car8john
    Expand Collapse

Towing, sorta, flying is iffy
    Yes

16. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

i like this car
    :cool:

17. Atlas

Atlas
    Expand Collapse

Well, in the history of Stryder dating from 1944 Philippines the propeller was originally a prototype, it wasn't intentionally meant for production until they showed the car to the people and they loved it but they didn't build new generation of propellers the following years until 1964 as a celebration of 20 years of Stryder, but temporarily stopped production of cars in 1971 and was back into production in 2016 :D

#157 Atlas, Feb 16, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  18. InTheLandOfTheRisingSun

InTheLandOfTheRisingSun
    Expand Collapse

And every hipster has a hard-on for them.

19. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

do you have some more pics of the car in game?

20. neketow

neketow
    Expand Collapse

i miss that Cadillac

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice