WIP 1948 Fintray Roadster

Discussion in 'Land' started by Blijo, Mar 20, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

That is a TF ;)
    I have enough reference material to completely copy the real car(if I had enough time) but I don't want it to be a carbon copy.
    That the dashboard isn't high enough isn't because I want to copy the TD's dash, but more the feel of having the gear shifter in such an awkward position. (Below the dash with a low dash).

• Like Like x 2
  2. loba04

loba04
    Expand Collapse

sorry, the immage name missled me... anyway great job

3. domodude120

domodude120
    Expand Collapse

take your time, if you want something done right take your time with it. but really fantastic job so far

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. csm.scott 2

csm.scott 2
    Expand Collapse

I love the time you are spending on this mod it shows how if you take your time you can make it correctly with no errors

5. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

so the mod is dead

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. The Wombat

The Wombat
    Expand Collapse

7. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

8. The Wombat

The Wombat
    Expand Collapse

I think he has private stuff to do or, is working on Buggs or so...

9. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

The last update was just a couple of weeks ago, why would you think it's dead?

• Agree Agree x 8
  10. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

i dont n´know

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Think before speaking, no need to spam with useless posts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

This is not dead.
    (wow, who expected that)
    I'm just busy with school and scouts currently.

I decided not to remodel many things and decided that I will do the following, also in this order of main things:
    1. Make a proper engine model instead of using the miramar one
    2. Remodel a few small parts
    3. Start on (re) merging everything to start on texturing it and texture it
    4. Optimise and improve parts of the jbeam. The driving feel is fine now but deformation needs some work. That is also because I am not finished with the mesh yet
    5. Add some extra customization parts like an extra grille, engine options, diff stuff and probably some gauges
    6. skins if the textures are good.
    Some pics of the deformation.
    Note that many parts(like the hood parts) aren't done yet
    screenshot_2019-06-29_18-11-21.png screenshot_2019-06-28_21-51-35.png

I hope I can make some solid progress in the holidays after work.

Another thing I would like to discuss some time is copyright and use of mods in videos:

In some way I don't like the idea of people using this mod to make some kind of video, whether its a review by @davidinark , @Neilogical_ or a glorified crash montage by @FrIzErIs and making money of it while I don't. And without my permission.
    I make this in my spare time, spend quite a lot of money on fuel and stuff and release it on this repository so you can use it ingame. For free.
    And then people make money of filming it and putting it on youtube with just a download link and no consent whatsoever. I don't really think that is fair.
    I will have to talk with @tdev about the EULA and what they think but this is my point.

Just asking whether it's okay to use it would be fine. I don't want your ad revenue, I just don't want people to just take mods and their "income" for granted when making videos.

So that basically.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
  13. fivedollarlamp

fivedollarlamp
    Expand Collapse

Looks great, can’t wait to destroy it.

• Like Like x 1
  14. CN877

CN877
    Expand Collapse

I completely agree with this point. It’s not fair to spend hundreds (or thousands) of hours and your own money to make a mod for free, and then youtuber comes along and spends a few hours making a video and earns sometimes over $1000 doing it. The only issue is I feel this will be practically impossible to enforce without making the mod private. :p

Hopefully you can figure something out, maybe a Youtuber must donate half the profits of the video? Just thought...

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. some

some
    Expand Collapse

I would be willing to pay any cost for any of the mods posted on here, that is not a bad plan! If a modder incentivises their mods, then they will become more advantageous to complete! Free labor is inhumane!

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

It is your mod but I dont know about this, why not make your own channel and you could make some videos on your progress on your mods, look what i did on my mods, but believe me it takes a lot of time to build up an audience, but you are well on your way, you make a lot of fun mods, now you just need to film it, edit it and upload it ;)
    - And this way you can ask people to link to you channel and your mods.
    - you can add references to your channel in/on your mods, it is a free commercial.

But i do agree that if you want to get asked if people can make videos of your mods, they could respect that.
    I get a bit frustrated when youtubers do not link to my mods.
    And finaly, none of us get paid to make mods, most of us do it to get cool stuff we want in game.
    (My channel is just a bonus, i have worked very hard for 5 years, used every free time I had to build that up)

• Like Like x 4
  17. some

some
    Expand Collapse

You make a product or perform a service one to two thousand people enjoy! Push devs to enact a mechanism in which released mods are PAID mods!

18. korbitr

korbitr
    Expand Collapse

It would have to be a system where 100% of the money goes to the mod creator instead of the game's creator though. Remember the backlash when Bethesda tried paid mods?

Although Cities: Skylines does a similar system where small addon pack DLCs are made by popular mod makers, and both the modders and devs get a cut from the sales...

#878 korbitr, Jun 30, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
  19. Blijo

Blijo
    Expand Collapse

I could and might but that also means spending a lot of time on learning Vegas Pro(Which I use currently) and that is "competing" against others. Which is not what I meant. I would see my youtube channel more of a unedited blog of things I do.

And yes, we make these mods for fun and we will keep making them(unless we get other hobbies). Other people doing things I don't want with my mods won't stop me from creating them, but maybe from releasing things.

I appreciate the support but I don't plan on making paid mods. For now at least.
    I make them for fun and I am willing to spend some money on going to events etc.
    If people like my mods, they are free to donate.

• Like Like x 5
  20. mattsikung

mattsikung
    Expand Collapse

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice