1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1953 Burnside Special

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jul 5, 2014.

1. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

#521 SuperAusten64, Jan 11, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

We also need an incredibly sexist bright pink "La Femme" config and a practically useless record player in the dash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Given that there's no-in car audio, how would we know if the record player was useless?

I'm not a fan of the idea of the config, but I think it would be worthwhile to have at least one salmon-pink-and-white stock configuration ready to go, maybe one of the coupes if we ever get those as part of the stock game.

4. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Mmmmmmm salmon pink.
    Would like to really see an official wagon body, possibly with structural wood.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

I kinda want a cheap communist or third-world version.

6. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Cuban version with a diesel 4 banger?
    Same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

On the subject of wagons, I hear that '51 Ford wagons were outfitted with 3.91 and 4.27 differentials as compared to the sedan's 3.73 and 4.10. Even if we don't get a wagon, I can see a separate set of wagon differentials being useful.

I'd actually like a Cuban Burnside, with an eighties Russian diesel and that curious patina it seems that only Cuban cars develop:

• Like Like x 3
  8. MrAnnoyingDude

MrAnnoyingDude
    Expand Collapse

A lot of pulled-out-of-the-field US cars sport similar patina.

9. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I can't believe I'm saying this, but SuperAusten is dead-on here. "The cars take a lot of real-life inspiration" is not the same as "the cars are literally debranded real cars". The reason people criticize your lore is that it engages in flights of fancy far beyond anything the devs have ever said or implied, and yet simultaneously consists mostly of real-life brands, companies, and partnerships with new names hastily slapped over the top. Even I fell into this when I said that Civetta and Autobello might have worked together during a hard time, and in fact with a lot of my original suggestions in this thread.

Yes, Gavril, Bruckell, Civetta, and so on may bear similarities to Ford, Chevy, Ferrari, and so on, but they are not strictly Ford, Chevy, Ferrari, and so on. There's room for them to combine aspects of different manufacturers at different times, or to go their own way entirely.

• Agree Agree x 5
  10. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I don't quite know about that. Any car left in a field in America will generate some sort of rust from baked-through paint exposing bare metal to rain. The Cuban car above doesn't seem to have any - it seems that as it's been repainted often, with the outer layers being baked through or simply worn through from heavy use. The only American patina I can compare it to is some of the cars in desert states, although they also form rust.

Of course, I may have gotten a photo of one outside an auto repair shop - that gray does appear to be body filler.

At the end of the day, I do like the look of that faded, baked-through outer coat though, with the white primer showing through.

11. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Well, we had this...

12. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Not a supercar, and not from the 80s.

13. Kasir

Kasir
    Expand Collapse

Well Dubai wasn't even half of what it is now in the 80s, so that could be an explanation

14. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

the crossover nobody wanted

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

Still, a V12 Ferrari, long before the Bolide was even a thing. Polizia had quite an oddball selection of vehicles in the past, so it's not that unplausible for the Bolide to have a Polizia version.

Besides, parade cars are not that uncommon and the Bolide comes with a modern Polizia livery which wouldn't match the one in use in the '80s anyway...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. crazyslimdude6

crazyslimdude6
    Expand Collapse

maybe its just a reference to this? Y'know, because it was pretty well known when the bolide was added into the game and they wanted to make a fun little internet reference?

Anyways, that Cuban burnside would be kickass! Maybe with an ETK engine in it?

17. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

or a turbo'd hopper 4.1

18. GotNoSable!

GotNoSable!
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

nah nah nah
    weird obscure diesel 2.8 liter four from a van that smokes like a train.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. SuperAusten64

SuperAusten64
    Expand Collapse

Is the 3-speed manual config supposed to not have a passenger-side mirror? It strikes me as kind of odd, especially since the cheaper 2-speed automatic has one, as well as all other manual-transmission configs (even the taxi).

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

the general trimming of the manual model, such as the lack of 2 tone paint, the smaller hubcaps, the more basic gearbox
    (-remember, autos weren't fully widespread at this time) made me always think the manual model was meant to be the entry level trim, and the single mirror would fit with this.
    for this to be true, the taxi should also not have it, but the sled and custom have a 4 speed, so they may not have been manual trims originally, or they had the mirror added aftermarket.
    I wouldn't be surprised if the value of the manual and the dualmatic were simply mixed up.

• Agree Agree x 5
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice