1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1953 Burnside Special

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jul 5, 2014.

1. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

I
    already DM on of the Vehicle developers on Instagram about it, and he loved the idea.

2. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

Oh nice going, wouldn't mind having open rear wheel wells on an otherwise stock Special a la Buick style

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

good news, the car now has a floorshifter.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Addicti0nToB00st

Addicti0nToB00st
    Expand Collapse

Probably Jared? He's very enthusiastic about all the stuff

5. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

Yep

6. TMccanna

TMccanna
    Expand Collapse

now thats someone that understands when cars were built to not just last the warranty

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. 88fiero

88fiero
    Expand Collapse

• Like Like x 2
  8. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

Along with Gabester

The Burnside’s proportions are off. It would be better if it just had the model years adjusted like 1 year earlier

9. CaptainZoll

CaptainZoll
    Expand Collapse

in what way are the proportions off? dimensionally, it seems perfectly well in line with a 49-53 olds 88:
    upload_2023-4-15_22-17-58.png
    and while we're here, here's a dodge coronet, which seems even more accurate:
    upload_2023-4-15_22-22-54.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. bussin.buses

bussin.buses
    Expand Collapse

I always thought it seemed too tall

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. combatwombat96

combatwombat96
    Expand Collapse

I concur, it seems to actually be too large, as if someone had got the model then scaled it to 1.5 of its original size (or thereabouts), hence why why the car is on its own with no buildings or vehicles around for reference for size it looks fine, then suddenly you put a Bluebuck next too it and suddenly it looks absolutely enormous

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Tuner from America

Tuner from America
    Expand Collapse

Makes sense since the vehicles design is actually based off of the 53-54 DeSoto Firedome
    55634257689654.png maxresdefault.jpg

13. Bakasan

Bakasan
    Expand Collapse

Yeah a lot of vehicles in beam have some odd dimensions, especially the ones like this that have yet to be remastered. I guess this is a good time to remind everyone to first look up the dimensions (LxWxH and Wheelbase) of the type of vehicle (as well as restrictions, for example Japan's 1700mm width limit for under 2liter cars) you want to make before modeling ;):p

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. DriftinCovet1987

DriftinCovet1987
    Expand Collapse

I just want to say that you mentioned that the 200BX was 1.74m wide a while back, based upon my measurement data I took like, 2-3 years ago. My measurements at the time were slightly inaccurate, and I measured the 200BX's width with the widebody kit on. A stock 200BX is 1.67m wide - perfectly acceptable for what it's meant to be.

In fact, the only Japanese cars which exceed the 1.7m width limit in stock base configuration are the SBR4 (1.8m wide) and the '96 Pessima (1.78m wide) - both of which have factory engines larger than 2.0L. Everything else is under 1.7m - however, the Pigeon is just a tiny bit too long to fit into the period kei car regulations, at 3.28m long. It's perfectly fine width-wise, though (1.34m for a base version, and I'm assuming around 1.4m for a Plus). The Wigeon's very short, at just 2.77m long, but it's a lot wider than the Pigeon, at 1.5m wide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ryanisstigg

ryanisstigg
    Expand Collapse

I know this is kinda a nitpick, but the Burnside's hood release shouldn't be on the interior from my knowledge. A lot of old cars (up to the mid 70s) had them under the front bumper or in the grille, so I feel it should be somewhere there, unless the Burnside has an interior hood release, making it one of possibly very few 50s cars to have it

• Agree Agree x 24
    • Like Like x 1
  16. simsimw

simsimw
    Expand Collapse

Yes, a lot of cars had rushed hood openings, most of them don’t have a mesh or anything to indicate where the hood latch is

• Agree Agree x 9
  17. ryan frerich

ryan frerich
    Expand Collapse

Not to be nitpicky here but for some reason the carpet in the burnside has a gray texture similar to a moving blanket instead of the carpet matching the exterior color was this change intentional or something accidental?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Cutlass

Cutlass
    Expand Collapse

(Bump) The engine sounds of this thing, along with the Bluebuck, Barstow and Moonhawk are absolutely atrocious and really bad. These should not sound like modern V8s we need a throaty 50s to 70s style growl for these things

• Agree Agree x 4
  19. JordanW1128

JordanW1128
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I'd love to hear this on the Barstow and/or Moonhawk.

20. the pigeon guy

the pigeon guy
    Expand Collapse

Currently I think there are only 2 different v8 engines, modern and less modern, I think even the grand marshall should sound different, it should be louder.

#680 the pigeon guy, Dec 2, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice