1. This section is for official content brought to you by BeamNG. Please keep the discussion civil and posts constructive to avoid spam. Posts disregarding these guidelines may be removed without any notice.
    Dismiss Notice

1963 Gavril Bluebuck

Discussion in 'Official Content' started by gabester, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

What about a thing like the cannon, which we already have, that would fire several small projectiles (like Stalin's Organ) instead of one big ball?

• Like Like x 1
  2. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

That could work. Especially if the projectiles explode.

• Like Like x 1
  3. NielsBlueBlick

NielsBlueBlick
    Expand Collapse

so what do bullets have to do with this car?? please, stay on topic

• Like Like x 3
  4. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

Someone mentioned a drive-by shooting.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

needs a police version, wagon, and a ford ranchaero style ute.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Slammington

Slammington
    Expand Collapse

I agree with all of these except the last two

• Like Like x 1
  7. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

ute or gtfo

• Like Like x 7
  8. mms

mms
    Expand Collapse

a limo might also be good.

9. simonfrat123

simonfrat123
    Expand Collapse

A coupe maybe ?

• Like Like x 2
  10. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I'm not saying it's not cool. But it's just not the right era of American vehicles for a ute. I'm just saying it wouldn't be accurate. Know what I mean?

I wonder if the car will have leaf springs. Would be cool if they did.
    --- Post updated ---
    Are you talking about the test they did with the really old 50's chev vs the 09? I think this would be a different outcome. One of the devs said it would have strength in between the moonhawk and a 60's box frame Imperial. So it'll probably be quite a bit tougher than the 50's chev. They didn't have good frames on them. The Imperial has a very strong frame. It's outlawed at a lot of demolition derbies because of it. If it had suicide doors, it would remind me of the old Lincoln Continentals. Also a very tough car, but the steering and suspension was not as good of a design as the Chryslers, and not quite as tough as the Imps.
    --- Post updated ---
    A limo would be awesome.
    --- Post updated ---
    So would a coupe. Coupe, 4 door with suicide rears, and a limo! Can ya do it Gabester, or will we have to leave it to the talented modders of the community? Such as ARB?

11. Powered_By

Powered_By
    Expand Collapse

Where I live, El Caminos are a very rare sight, it is also said for the Ranchero.

Here is a picture of a Ranchero from 1963...

Any era of American cars will be candidates of a Ute. Even the abysmal 1980's American cars got turned into Utes.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mopower77

Mopower77
    Expand Collapse

I stand corrected. That's pretty awesome actually. Had no idea Rancheros were that old.

• Like Like x 1
  13. HadACoolName

HadACoolName
    Expand Collapse

I find that intriguing, that Ranchero is USDM Falcon based. So America made Ford Falcon utes before Australia did :p

o/t:
    This is a stunning car, whether it has other variations or not doesn't matter. As long as it burns rubber & the arse end kicks out.

• Like Like x 4
  14. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Has everyone forgotten about the existence of the El Camino? As in the '59 and '60 Impala based El Camino?

Or, for that matter, the '57 Ranchero?

(I'm about to sound like my father for a bit here)

I idea of the Cruck Isnt a new idea by any stretch, I know back in 33 or 34, Studebaker made a sedan based pickup, but it didn't catch on, But I can't for the life of me find any record of it, I know it happened, my great grandfather had one. Then in the late 50's GM and Ford tried it again, but this time it stuck. Now I'm really going to sound like my dad, we had this conversation more once. The never really had a name, Cruck, Trar, El Camino/Ranchero type thing, Car Truck. The term "Ute" Didnt really spring up in the Northern Hemisphere until the internet came about, at least not to describe an ElCamino/Ranchero. Before then "Ute" meant Blazers, Broncos, Ramchargers, International Scouts, and Jeeps to some extent, well before the term "SUV" ever existed. I remember when our neighbors got a Subaru Brat, and when someone asked what a Brat was, It was a little 4wd El Camino/Ranchero thingy.

EDIT: Just realized how much this thing looks like an Imperial, can we expect the trademark Imperial complete indestructibility? There's a reason they are banned from most demo derbies.

#254 Peterbilt, Mar 9, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2016
  15. gamersrevolt99

gamersrevolt99
    Expand Collapse

I want this, it looks amazing.

16. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

i think i found what you are talking about....maybe

17. kyebo69

kyebo69
    Expand Collapse

In Australia, we call most car based 'trucks' Utes, its short for Utility. i had no idea where that term came from, but it appears america started it. Dodge_Coupe_Utility.jpg

18. Bunridzk

Bunridzk
    Expand Collapse

I remembered I was pissed at someone from down under because he refer a Ford F-150 as an "Ute". Dunno if you guys refer a separate chassis pickup as one.

Also, Japanese did a Ute several times:

19. kyebo69

kyebo69
    Expand Collapse

yeah mostly anything than is privately owned is a 'ute' although my friends and i tend to refer to seperate chassis type vehicles as trucks now. i guess we get so much american pop culture now days, its catching on.

20. JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢

JetPoweredMacintoshâ„¢
    Expand Collapse

when is gonna be released? he started it like 4 years ago... i want to drive this!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice