1963 VOLKSWAGEN BUG | Feat. Herbie The Love Bug | Dynamic Horsepowers

Discussion in 'Land' started by VertexStyle, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

We are 2 that suck completily on jbeam ;)

2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Not sure if I have time, because I'm doing something for crashmaster already and I'm lagging behind in schedule of that already, but such simple engine mod is not hard to do really. When it comes to suspension and such, that is taking a lot more time, there are so many things depending from other things that it's tens and tens of hours and still there is a ton to learn too which slows down even more, it does not help either that I'm quite slow these days :p

I might do rest of engine placing to back though and few variations of engine for you, but not sure how quickly as it needs some research etc.

Pulling a wheelie, that requires special tires for sure, it is not quite clear to me how would be best to make such, but technically it should be just altering two files of current tires if they are pressurewheels type, haven't checked.

Of course some supercharged engine is needed for that.

Again hard part is to make it work well with other driving.

Update: On another though, you could use hydros and extend node/beam construction from bottom of the car to make that wheelie thing happen, just have it hinged to front and it should work when pressing a button. I have no idea if I'm able to make such. Wish I would have more time for it, because that would be really interesting to experiment with.
    --- Post updated ---
    Something like this would be a structure I would attempt to make:
    upload_2018-2-17_0-2-57.png
    Then it would be like tailgate of pickup, have to have custom input assigned to it, you press it and hydro pops out, press again and hydro retracts.

3. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

--- Post updated ---
    "On another though, you could use hydros and extend node/beam construction from bottom of the car to make that wheelie thing happen, just have it hinged to front and it should work when pressing a button. I have no idea if I'm able to make such. Wish I would have more time for it, because that would be really interesting to experiment with."

cool stuff.
    Could be that there is a invisible wheel needed for that, otherwise the car might slow down - defenitely worth trying that out tho.
    There will be sure time at a point down the road. No need for it to happen immediately.

4. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Made some fan art ;)

Attached Files:

• 20180216185448_1.jpg
  5. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

6. Davidrohac53

Davidrohac53
    Expand Collapse

Why does my car look like this? (Ive cleared cache disabled all other mods and deleted and reinstalled mod)

Attached Files:

• 20180215212433_1.jpg
  7. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

nicely done!
    --- Post updated ---
    could be an interferrence with another mod again :/

8. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

Thanks! Glad you like it!

9. Davidrohac53

Davidrohac53
    Expand Collapse

Oddly changing graphics settings fixed it :)

10. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

Now this is a nice UV skinmap - isn't it :p
    upload_2018-2-17_2-14-48.png
    --- Post updated ---
    nice!

11. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

12. tanis

tanis
    Expand Collapse

@53_herbie_53 Make sure to have a back up, if something goes wrong
    --- Post updated ---
    I noticed a glitch with the paint when you change colour, could you make the herbie paint an option ?
    --- Post updated ---
    OCD kicking in, one side of the car sits higher than the other, look at the suspension arm

Attached Files:

• screenshot_00070.png
    • screenshot_00071.png
  13. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I'm having interesting issue, I did checked coordinates from .dae file and when I put nodes for engine jbeam to file, position is not matching, there is something roughly 0.2m difference in y-axis, so that when I place nodes to these coordinates they end up around ~0.2m more towards front.
    upload_2018-2-17_4-25-19.png

When I look jbeam with body in NBEditor it looks like there is that same amount of difference.
    upload_2018-2-17_4-46-59.png

Engine and transmission are around 160kg or so, placing them ~0.2m different position will have some effect to handling of course, so for me it looks like that everything in Blender needs to be moved that much backwards as they are off center by that amount. Wheel and tire are at 0 though, but rest of the parts and the body.

Exact amount looks to be 0.17m if my testing with body length sized cube is accurate:
    upload_2018-2-17_4-58-49.png

Edit: it seems there is two dae files, one is really big one that does not open properly in my blender, but renaming that makes model disappear from the game, however that smaller dae file with body and parts in it is not affecting anything. Then I can't really see where flexbody of car's body is defined.

I think it would be best to change file naming etc. before it gets really confusing as some changes don't get applied currently as ingame miramar files override them.

But I guess I just move nodes bit backwards, maybe body is at correct place in other file?

#213 fufsgfen, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  14. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

V6R4 has (one) radiator in the front, like many mid-engined vehicles. Radiator isn't necessarily where the engine is, mid-engined cars often have more than one. Like, the Delta S4 had one electric active radiator in the front and two passive radiators in the back, right over the engine.

In BeamNG, particles are generated at the location of the radiator deformGroup, fixing the Beetle would be easy enough either way.

15. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

About the self-repairing thing in the movies, I swear there was a mod somewhere that did that, Idk if it works anymore though...

16. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

17. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

good to hear!
    thanks for this report. However the whole chassis is just a placeholder and will be replaced with this new model - with that it should look fine:

Attached Files:

• Chassis.png
    #217 VertexStyle, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  18. Jota3214™

Jota3214™
    Expand Collapse

I know that radiators on Delta S4
    But I didn't know that radiator was on front on V6R4
    Back on topic:
    Seems good

19. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

@fufsgfen This is the selfhealing lua script. Normally it should already work if it is placed inside the mod folder - or does it need to be called from another script?
    For some reason the bug doesn't heal...
    Do you know how to run this lua script on the initialisation of the mod so that it the car is regenerating constantly - even when the car is in fine condition?

Btw. the only thing thats required to get called here is M.regenerate = regenerate

Attached Files:

20. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I don't have idea really, to get script run, I would need to refer to only time I attempted to make such and it was not pretty, managed to get it to work eventually, but can't remember how, that is why I wrote so much there so that when I need that information I might bounce from many fails to working version eventually and maybe my memory will reveal some things after reading all that again:
    https://www.beamng.com/threads/failing-at-creating-custom-inputmap.51839/

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice