1963 VOLKSWAGEN BUG | Feat. Herbie The Love Bug | Dynamic Horsepowers

Discussion in 'Land' started by VertexStyle, Feb 14, 2018.

1. SubaruSTI07™

SubaruSTI07™
    Expand Collapse

Wot?

2. Danny Werewolf

Danny Werewolf
    Expand Collapse

I am playing with the Beam Regeneration right now, I think it's still finicky, but I tried with a customized ETK I series and Herbie on a 'natural' small overlap. Here are a few pictures...
    ETK I Series before:
    screenshot_00534.png

ETK I Series before & After:
    screenshot_00535.png screenshot_00537.png

Herbie before & After:
    screenshot_00536.png screenshot_00538.png

I hope this helped a bit...

P.S: I had a Detailed Vehicle Damage App open, all of the beams are still damaged, its just the placement of the beams that are changed I think...Also, the fenders on Herbie can look a bit broken, but everything else looks like it would, atleast somewhat in the movie...

#222 Danny Werewolf, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. BoyBrown003

BoyBrown003
    Expand Collapse

The engine doesn't work for me, how to fix? I really love the look of your mod but I can't drive the car because it has no revs or anything

4. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

@BoyBrown003 sounds like mod interference. Check if you've put the mod in the documents/beamNGdrive/mods folder and the game is running on the latest version.
    Give me more infos, otherwise its impossible tell you the fix.
    --- Post updated ---

Demovideo on the upcoming update!
    Lots of bugs with this tho.. :/
    -self healing
    -wheelie

@fufsgfen
    @Danny Werewolf
    @all
    -
    yeah, seems it is a bit more tricky to programm it to get fully repaired. It also doesn't fix mechanical damage - engine, transmission... and parts which broke off. But its somehow cool anyways - see video ending

5. SirGoldenLlama

SirGoldenLlama
    Expand Collapse

Can the self healing be able to be turned off or is it just a permanent thing that happens. And wheelie mode looks fun!

6. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

@SirGoldenLlama currently its done via keybinding. Hope i get it to work automatically. Only a feature for Herbie.

7. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

With engine at the back, it is kinda hard to damage the engine and as I took driveshaft out (Herbie does not have such silly things), drive to wheels is not dying very easily either.

Whole exhaust jbeam needs rebuilding though, maybe that helps with catching the fire issue too. Then again Herbie did never catch fire in movies, maybe node chem properties need to be tuned so that it can't catch fire for whole car too?

That wheelie mode looks really cool! You got all those cool things working so fast, from me everything takes long time these days :p :D

8. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

"these days"? what happened, bud? :/
    Great thing to take the dam driveshaft out! Yeah, fire is defenitely smth that can be taken out - however will it be simple to undo all those features for the stock beetle? :/
    Do you mean it catches fire on the back? That seems to me like its rather the fuel tank - which should be located in front on a bug.

9. Davidrohac53

Davidrohac53
    Expand Collapse

Do you have any idea when we can expect to get the original Love bug skin and wheels?

10. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

There needs to be a factory stock version of this too... BeamNG would be fun with a weak Bug :p

11. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

absolutely.

Attached Files:

• default.png
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is some node in heat exchanger / silencer on left side, also still need to figure out bit better engine mounting.

Stock beetle don't have driveshaft either, it is engine to transmission direct connection, pretty much everything should be same as in stock beetle, even high power Herbie version.

Fireproofing would mean of course all nodes need to be different between Herbie version and stock version, so if you want it to be fire proof, then you would need to have two set of jbeam files to manage.

Oh and what happened, born in the 60's and age starting to show it's nasty side, Herbie and I are no youngsters anymore :D

Update: might take two days to get engine stuff working properly, depending amount of dizziness I get for coming days.

13. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

So, who's older though? You or Herbie? :p

Can't wait to see this car finished, it's a very good quality mod

14. Davidrohac53

Davidrohac53
    Expand Collapse

Do you have an idea on when this will be available?

15. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

Quite close to same :p

It's r6ll or r3ll catching fire, but what is bit odd is that e2l which is closes engine node is not that close. Seems to happen without exhaust too, so maybe I try to alter engine nodes a bit and see if that fixes the issue.

Update: I fixed the fire issue, it was r3ll, I guess it just didn't like to be so close to engine, but moving chemenergy line in body jbeam that is right after r3ll so that it is right above r3ll fixed the fire issue.

#235 fufsgfen, Feb 18, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
  16. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

Can we expect this as a config in the future? :p

17. VertexStyle

VertexStyle
    Expand Collapse

Nice.

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I did some temperatures testing and managed to do one lap without spinning out at Road Atlanta. You can see that in 17 minutes temps have gone quite down, I'm bit slow to take screenshots I guess :D
    upload_2018-2-18_6-16-37.png

I made 110hp engine in addition to base 1.3l engine, there is still more engines to make, one I found data is 143hp which is quite a bit for car like this, which don't like to change direction without swapping ends and certainly don't like very high speeds, even 143hp don't sound a lot for many.

With 110hp engine it goes easily 100mph and only insane would drive that fast with this kind of car IRL.

19. Davidrohac53

Davidrohac53
    Expand Collapse

Are you going to fix the issue with the trunk caving in after hitting small bumps?

Attached Files:

• 20180217235454_1.jpg
  20. Brickturn

Brickturn
    Expand Collapse

By the looks of the wheelie video are there custom sounds in place rather than the default 4cyl sounds?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice